SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hello guys (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/385292-hello-guys.html)

ForMyGirls 02-20-2016 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by charlesturner (Post 5806791)
Today was rough, but my wife told me yesterday she wants to work things out. Today she's a little iffy, she is scared and I completely understand. We are speaking and communication is good. I wanted to drink so badly today but instead went and rented some movies and hung out with my church family and kept busy. I'm feeling better, still down, but it will pass.

That's great Charles. If you want your life back, you know what you need to do, and it sounds like you did it today. I'm in the same boat. Let's do this. Good luck.

charlesturner 02-21-2016 07:33 AM

Thanks

Originally Posted by ForMyGirls (Post 5807247)
That's great Charles. If you want your life back, you know what you need to do, and it sounds like you did it today. I'm in the same boat. Let's do this. Good luck.

Thanks,
My wife brought my youngest step daughter by to see me last night. We are about to meet in a few minutes and go to church where we first met at and normally go to. I survived the weekend!!! Now to get my daily dose of God and get my head straight for this first full week of sobriety ahead!

thomas11 02-21-2016 08:26 AM

Great news Charles. Stay strong. Life can be difficult all on its own, no need for alcohol to make it worse. And it will if you choose to drink, right?

charlesturner 02-21-2016 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by thomas11 (Post 5807914)
Great news Charles. Stay strong. Life can be difficult all on its own, no need for alcohol to make it worse. And it will if you choose to drink, right?

Yes it will definitely make it worse!

Delilah1 02-21-2016 10:41 AM

Welcome to SR Charles! You will find lots of supportin here. Glad the weekend went well!

charlesturner 02-22-2016 05:30 AM

Torn

So I found out last night my wife has been seeing a guy. I have pushed her so far away she was seeking attention from someone else. She eliminated the guy and we are now committed to getting our marriage back on track. I need prayers guys, this is killing me, but I am staying strong through the battle. If I hold anger and resentment, it will only eat me alive and destroy my sobriety. I'm going to make it, me and my wife are going to make it, we have to. Please prayers my way if you would. Thanks in advance

jryan19982 02-22-2016 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by charlesturner (Post 5806791)
Today was rough, but my wife told me yesterday she wants to work things out. Today she's a little iffy, she is scared and I completely understand. We are speaking and communication is good. I wanted to drink so badly today but instead went and rented some movies and hung out with my church family and kept busy. I'm feeling better, still down, but it will pass.

Hey Charles

The only solution here is to put down the bottle. You can do it and we are all here to help.

Im glad your wife wants to work things out and I hope that you both come together and find a plan that works for the two of you. You can do this.

charlesturner 02-23-2016 07:17 AM

God is good

Originally Posted by charlesturner (Post 5809464)
So I found out last night my wife has been seeing a guy. I have pushed her so far away she was seeking attention from someone else. She eliminated the guy and we are now committed to getting our marriage back on track. I need prayers guys, this is killing me, but I am staying strong through the battle. If I hold anger and resentment, it will only eat me alive and destroy my sobriety. I'm going to make it, me and my wife are going to make it, we have to. Please prayers my way if you would. Thanks in advance

So, the wife and I had the best night of our marriage last night. It was fueled with prayer, crying, loving, compassion and forgiveness for one another. We had both slipped away from our marriage and both had made huge mistakes. We are now back as one and making some huge changes to our marriage. Things are now looking better then they have ever looked. We have so much set out that we know we have to do to be able to have the marriage we want. I am beyond blessed and I am sober!!!!!!

Dee74 02-23-2016 01:44 PM

I'm glad things are looking better, Charles :)

D

charlesturner 02-24-2016 06:19 PM

Update

Originally Posted by Dee74 (Post 5812255)
I'm glad things are looking better, Charles :)

D

Started my outpatient therapy today and a new job with a set schedule!!!! I've been sober a week now. Got to tuck my step children into bed tonight while I wait on their mother to get home. Life has made a complete 360 in less than a week. Alcohol is a living devil and I resent it! Nothing positive has never came from it in my life!!! It's destroyed so much, this time I am going to fight it till it kills me, I can't let a stupid bottle dictate my life! I'm going to win this time!!!!!!!

Zebra1275 02-24-2016 07:43 PM

Welcome to SR!

Dee74 02-24-2016 08:33 PM

Really glad to read that update CharlesTurner :)

D

D122y 02-24-2016 08:48 PM

Charles,

Agreed...fight for your life. Now we have the knowledge.

Our generation, i lump us all together, have the gift of the internet.

Technology has given us a chance to get clean before we likely would have otherwise.

I would still be drinking if not for SR, I am positive.

charlesturner 02-26-2016 07:49 PM

Update!

So, my first week on the new job went amazing! Happy to have a set schedule and responsibility! Plus I am a boss of 4 people and I am on call 24/7 so I can't drink!!!!!!! Me and the wife are doing amazing! I've been back home since Monday! All my stuff is moved back in and we are as happy as we have ever been! It has been hard being sober and having God on our side has made this journey awesome. I'm sober it's the weekend, I have a full day planned with the wife tomorrow and a full day of church Sunday. Thank God I am sober! Thank God I have my family back! Thank God for being a good, good father!!!!!!!!!!!!!

charlesturner 02-27-2016 07:11 PM

Amazing day!

Today was a date day for me and the wife. We started out going to the gym, one of our favorite things. We then went to get my wives hair cut, then onto her tattoo appointment. After the appointment we went to Hibachi and came home. Today we stopped and got another ring to wear above our wedding band, one to symbolize our relationship with God and a promise of our commitments to one another. GOD IS GOOD & SOBRIETY RULES!!!!!!!!

Soberwolf 02-28-2016 04:19 AM

#Awesome

charlesturner 02-28-2016 02:12 PM

Today!

Today me and my wife attended church where we first met and we continue to go to regularly. We had an amazing weekend together. Today we both recommitted our lives and our marriage to God! It was a great day, one we will look back upon in a few years and know that, that day, our marriage really took off and was made into the marriage it needed to be all along.
This is my second weekend sober, the temptation to drink hasn't arose more then twice and that was the first two days. I truly believe God has placed a healing in me that I've longed for, for years. Now I have to do my part and stay committed and doing what I need to on a daily basis, to remain sober, continue to grow my marriage and be the man that I was made to be. My family is very happy right now, the step children are all filled with smiles and I now see where I went wrong with being a step father to them. This time I have more then just me to stay sober for, I have my relationship with God, my wife and our children to stay sober for! I'm going to make it, I have to!

Dee74 02-28-2016 02:57 PM

Very glad to read this CT :)

D

Hevyn 02-28-2016 03:46 PM

This is such wonderful news, CT. Very happy for you.

charlesturner 02-29-2016 06:11 PM

Sober and strong

Just wanted to update and let everyone know I am sober and happy! God is good! Recovery is going so well and I love being sober! Thanks for all the support