SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Fear no more Weekender Dec 4 Pt 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/380614-fear-no-more-weekender-dec-4-pt-3-a.html)

Dee74 12-08-2015 08:24 PM

Fear no more Weekender Dec 4 Pt 3

Continues from here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-2-a-21.html

D

Ruby2 12-08-2015 08:24 PM

Shotgun

Soberpotamus 12-08-2015 08:27 PM

:nanarock

Ruby2 12-08-2015 08:28 PM

I was just going to comment that the thread does start anew on Thursday mornings and I got s bounce back "thread closed."

Wow! First time.

Bimini, yay on no jury duty!

Tetra, it's always hard when someone comes to visit from out of town. They feel scattered. You feel scattered. New traditions are forming. It's a good time to regroup. Enjoy. Are you still going to visit your brother?

Soberpotamus 12-08-2015 08:29 PM

Congrats on shotgun, Ruby :)

wehav2day 12-08-2015 08:30 PM

Good job, ruby! Nice shotgun

badger257 12-08-2015 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5681084)
Shotgun

I'm always a day late and a dollar short.... :/

trachemys 12-08-2015 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5681084)
Shotgun

Not even an exclamation point? Are they getting that routine?

:D

Wheatgrass 12-08-2015 08:33 PM

I didnt join the weekender club earlier, but I am happy to have had my first sober weekend in many years. See you all on Thursday........

BixBees505 12-08-2015 08:36 PM

Welcome, welcome, Unique!!

Ruby2 12-08-2015 08:37 PM

Unique, hang out for s bit. Easier to get to know people here during the week when it's less hectic. Then throw your hat in the ring Thursday. Congratulations on having a sober weekend. I joined this thread and held on for dear life when I started.

Ruby2 12-08-2015 08:39 PM

Didn't have time to waste putting in exclamation points or fancy graphics. Didn't want to lose my one chance:)

trachemys 12-08-2015 08:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ruby2 (Post 5681106)
Didn't have time to waste putting in exclamation points or fancy graphics. Didn't want to lose my one chance:)

You can always edit after the initial capture.

I'd suggest:

BixBees505 12-08-2015 08:54 PM

I am in a dismal...I mean DISMAL...hotel in a distant city, for work this week. Long days, crappy food. Sure glad to read you alllll up as I relax to go to sleep. So much fun. Gotta get some rest now.

Ken, cannot wait to hear more about your day. Your enjoyment and enthusiasm are so engaging! I want to be able to tag along!!

Melina...what to say...just so deeply gratifying, right? You sound so fair and smart and wise in your handling of the job, as well as of the transition itself.

There's so much more to comment on...I am tired though and not too sharp. TTYL...

Tooshabby 12-08-2015 10:03 PM

Love Steely Dan - thanks Potamus :-)

Hey Sao, that was really interesting about Citroen/Citron, and funny that the French wouldn't want to buy a lemon :-D Gorgeous car, and colour. I really shouldn't encourage you, I know.

Re eating things off the floor....I once spent a long time making up a fresh fruit salad for a largish group of people. You can imagine the work involved (setting the scene so you won't be too disgusted). Anyway, I dropped my bowl on a shag-pile rug in our lounge. Everyone was like "Oh no! You poor thing! You've lost your fruit salad!" I was like, "like hell I have!" Admittedly, it was a newish rug, but I just scooped it up with my fingers back into my bowl and ate it. Hope you guys will still talk to me :-)

saoutchik 12-08-2015 10:28 PM

Morning gang

Welcome uniqueusername

I dread to think of the unhygienic things I did as a drunk Tooshabby

The red tracksuit is back!

saoutchik 12-08-2015 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by badger257 (Post 5681097)
I'm always a day late and a dollar short.... :/

Welcome back badger. You're right on time

I hope you get a good night's sleep tonight MidnightBlue

Melina 12-08-2015 11:01 PM

Hi everyone! Good to see you, Unique, jump on in, it makes sense eventually here!!

By some weird stroke of madness I find this thread to be very important in my recovery toolbox, I hope you find the same level of comfort and entertainment here! It's a fun way to get your mind off drinking and also chitchat about what's working and not for us in our lives and recovery.

Ruby, I like how you said you jumped in this thread and hung on for dear life! That is a funny and true way to put it!

Ken, congrats on your event! I can't wait to hear the details, it sounds like a smashing success!

mecanix 12-08-2015 11:02 PM

More rain forecast ,
Pretty quiet on my side of work at the moment , automation is for when the electricity is on constantly and water isn't up to your waist . Might get busy later this week .

All things ok in the Mex house .

Be safe all , m

MidnightBlue 12-08-2015 11:22 PM

Hi, again, weekenders.

Unique - welcome!

I am at work and having hard time focusing on the task - 3 hectic hours of sleep are showing .

Shame because its a good day. And more shame because my old-ingrained habit of anticipating the worst keeps standing in my way .

Ok, see you later)