SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Thanksgiving Holiday Edition Weekender Pt 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/379679-thanksgiving-holiday-edition-weekender-pt-2-a.html)

MLD51 11-22-2015 06:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Not sure if you have this cartoon over there, but this is the character Finn from the show Adventure Time. It's the first thing that popped into my head. A good character to share a name with.

Attachment 28262

Behan 11-22-2015 06:03 AM

Ha ha. Cool MLD. will youtube that now!

gettingsmarter 11-22-2015 06:09 AM

Love it Behan.

Mark1014 11-22-2015 06:16 AM

So Finn it is....that's great Behan! I quite like it.

Glad your gym time was productive Weasel! Not much of a cardio guy here, but whatever gets your heart rate up eh?!

My little one enjoys weekend cooking projects.....when she wakes her sweet little head I'm thinking Dutch baby. I've never heard of them before.

Wishing each of you the best day. :)

Olive1 11-22-2015 06:45 AM

Good morning Enders!!!

I woke this morning truly believing it was Monday. As I was feeding the dog it dawned on me that it was actually Sunday!!!!!

Doesn't get any better than that!!!!

Coffee now.

:)

MesaMan 11-22-2015 06:52 AM

In other News, Olive, we recently set the Clocks back 1 Hour. I hope that News doesn't get you by surprise, either.-) This, from a Guy who just lost his Driver's License somewhere unknown...

Happy Sunday!

Venecia 11-22-2015 06:56 AM

Finn! What a lovely name for your little boy, Behan.

LBrain 11-22-2015 06:58 AM

just a quick pop in - got much to do,,,, spelling counts - Finn, like it.
Me and the ex ARGUED over how to spell Quin or Quinn, I wanted 1 N she wanted 2 - I'm just a simple guy what do I know, I know that the second N was dropped a couple generations ago...

Here's a song for you Behan... enjoy the day all.

saoutchik 11-22-2015 07:02 AM

Finn is great name Behan!

Perhaps he will play rugby for Ireland

Roast beef and horseradish with rocket sandwiches for lunch, I toasted the bread as it travels better. Not especially healthy but it hit the spot (as did the apple and blackberry iced danish - oh dear)

I have bought some sets little valves (called jets) which screw into the carburettors. They come in different sizes so that I should get the car through any emissions test (it's too old to fit a defeat device lol!) For almost all makes of carburettor they cost a few pounds. For these Webers - £160, sheesh

Soberpotamus 11-22-2015 07:07 AM

It's a beautiful name, Behan :)

I read the story link you posted. I've always loved Irish history, and so I've read quite a few of those stories as well as some Irish history books. I named my cat Emer, lol!

Olive1 11-22-2015 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 5655599)
. In other News, Olive, we recently set the Clocks back 1 Hour. I hope that News doesn't get you by surprise, either.-) This, from a Guy who just lost his Driver's License somewhere unknown... Happy Sunday! .

I did, for a moment, think perhaps it was some version of universal standard calendar time.
;)

MLD51 11-22-2015 07:21 AM

I'm going to do something almost unheard of for me today. I'm going shopping, for shoes, in a real store. I'll have lunch somewhere, too. Might do a tiny bit of Christmas shopping, too. We don't do a whole lot of gifts to open in my family (everyone wants money) but I like for the kids to have a few things under the tree. Now that I have a grandchild to shop for, I can buy toys again! My daughter made an Amazon gift list for the baby, but I want to deviate a bit from that and pick out a few things on my own. Money is tight but I'm good with bargains. Should be fun. Should be fun. Should be fun. I have to keep telling myself that. I'm not much of a shopper. Used to be. Not so much anymore.

Soberpotamus 11-22-2015 07:22 AM

Coffee, eggs, honeydew melon, and cheese danish for breakfast this morning. Mr. Potamus was served eggs & honeydew only; he's been complaining about gluten and junk food lately. As I presented his plate to him in bed (only on weekends, and rarely), he pronounced,"If there's no bacon on that plate, I'm not going to eat it." I kid you not. A couple minutes later, he clarified (wisely), he didn't mean he was refusing his food like a child throwing a tantrum (he was), he was saying he'd prefer to eat his eggs alongside some tasty bacon, if I wouldn't mind, please make the bacon, and then serve it together with the eggs. :lmao

Thank goodness sobriety has given me back my sense of humor.

Della1968 11-22-2015 07:25 AM

Love the name B!

Soberpotamus 11-22-2015 07:26 AM

Oh, Marty, sending you good vibes today, lol. I hate shopping too! But it can be fun if you get sucked in.

MesaMan 11-22-2015 07:28 AM

Watch 'Radio Days', SP.

It's like a hilarious Training Film on how old Couples interact.-)

- 'Radio Days' ~ Imdb.com -

Soberpotamus 11-22-2015 07:32 AM

I went through a phase in my early twenties of watching Woody Allen films, Mesa, but somehow I missed this one.

Seriously, my husband is ridiculous sometimes. One withering glance from me was all that was necessary to get him to backpedal quickly. He is very lucky this morning. He did get his bacon, but I microwaved it, lmao!!

biminiblue 11-22-2015 07:35 AM

Bacon has been invoked.

Finn is such a nice name, behan :)

It's frosty cold out there. The hummingbird feeder is under cover, still waiting for someone to put up the Christmas lights. I have one of those Christmas extravaganza guys up the street from me. It's between me and the store where I work. He started two weeks ago. Can't wait - it's always over-the-top great, with music and everything.

sao, I watched a documentary last night called, "London's Underground." Fascinating. I am embarrassed to say I knew little about London - so now I still know little about London.

Ruby2 11-22-2015 07:38 AM

Finn is great! I love it, Behan! Here's to baby Finn!

Little Miss is out in the yard playing in the snow and it's darn cold outside. I'm watching her knock icicles off the garage while my fingers get stiff.

MLD, have fun. I used to love shoe shopping and I have to say that even though the Internet brings convenience to shopping, I've had rotten luck shopping for shoes online. No substitute for trying them on.

Breakfast sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll have some. After that, I don't know what we'll do today. Feels weird with no Mr. Ruby around even though I've been alone with the kids while he's been out if town before.

Time to warm up. Hands stiff. Brr.

Venecia 11-22-2015 07:40 AM

Woke up ridiculously early this morning, with no success at falling back to sleep. Sigh.

I'm going to get out of couch potato mode any minute now. There's this cable channel that has marathons of "classic" TV on the weekends. This weekend, it's "That Girl," with Marlo Thomas. I have vague memories of watching it toward the end of its run.

It's actually kind of clever. A forerunner to Mary Tyler Moore "single girl" story. Funny though ... she's a marginally employed would-be actress in NYC in the late 60s and early 70s. With the most darling apartment and a to-die-for couture wardrobe. Not to mention life in idealized NYC with the long-running -- and apparently chaste -- relationship with her boyfriend.

Quite a contrast to the single women and NYC of "Mad Men." I'm pretty sure I recall at least one scene in "MM" that shows the Draper household with Betty watching "That Girl."

OK. Seriously. The Y beckons. And I, too, am going to venture out for some Christmas shopping.

Have a great day, everyone.