SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   This new sober life (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/367440-new-sober-life.html)

Angie247 05-17-2015 05:23 PM

This new sober life

Hi!

I'm 20 days sober as of today. Tomorrow, a full three weeks alcohol free. It's been an incredible journey so far. I've had a few cravings but I navigated through them by reminding myself why I couldn't drink. I'm feeling so much better about myself and I definitely don't miss the hangovers.

I didn't really plan to stop drinking after my last drink in April but that Monday, I went to work and was painfully hungover as usual and I just was tired of it all. I was tired of this sad life that I had created. Something had to change.

I'm having an issue with guilt for drinking all those years but I'll just have to work on forgiving myself. Lots of time wasted but I'm relieved to have a new chance on life. I keep a writing tablet in my bag too and write in it often with ideas or anything I think of that will help me during times that I'm stressed and wanting to drink. I cut little sayings or beautiful pictures out of old magazines and paste it in there too. It's my happiness tablet. :-)

My reasons for staying sober are plentiful and I am doing this for myself but there's a beautiful, sweet little boy who is my son and he deserves a happy and sober mommy. It is my main focus to stay sober and be the best mom possible to my little man. I'm divorced and I don't have him a couple days a week because he's with his dad on those days. Those days were the worst. So, I'm just focusing on bettering myself on those days instead of worrying about how much beer I have. I have a free membership to the gym through work so I'm going and taking advantage of the outside walking track. We've been having beautiful weather lately and it's so nice and peaceful out.

I might use this thread in the future for more updates and I'm loving the blog section. The arcades are quite fun too. I'm so relieved for all the support and everyone here. Thank you to everybody! <3

least 05-17-2015 05:27 PM

Congrats on three weeks sober tomorrow! :scoregood

aborkie 05-17-2015 06:27 PM

That's great three weeks, not easy to do. Congratulations. Stay pointed in the right direction.

Hevyn 05-17-2015 06:32 PM

Thanks for being part of us Angie. :) Great job on reaching 20 days. :)

(Love your avatar kitty)

DreaJean 05-17-2015 06:34 PM

great job!

CeeFarro 05-17-2015 08:10 PM

Congrats on the 3 weeks! You are doing awesome!:)

Ruby2 05-17-2015 08:20 PM

Angie, what a beautiful post! The idea of the happiness tablet made me smile. How awesome! Congrats on three weeks!

PurpleKnight 05-18-2015 10:33 AM

20 Days is fantastic!! Keep it going!! :scoregood

ZaBoozer 05-18-2015 10:55 AM

Well done Angie, you're doing great and you sound like you're in a good spot too. Congratulations. Keep it up.

thomas11 05-18-2015 10:57 AM

That's pretty awesome. Congrats.

Dee74 05-18-2015 03:42 PM

Congrats Angie - I'm glad you joined us :)

D

Angie247 05-24-2015 06:23 PM

Hi everyone!

I will be 4 weeks sober tomorrow and I'm feeling really awesome. Life is just better and it's not always sunshine and roses but I get through it without alcohol. My relationship with my ex husband is so much better and that will be a huge benefit for our 6 year old son. We are all going out tomorrow to San Diego for Lego Land. We went to Disneyland a couple weeks ago and it was so nice. I used to have to sneak in a drink or two when I had to be around him. :-/. No arguments or anything in a month. We text and talk like friends. There's no chance of reconciliation! That would be a disaster and neither of us want that anyway. I have cravings for alcohol but I get through them. The thoughts come up and I give reasons why I can't drink. I am in love with having no hangovers!! Just need to get over some guilt I have for years wasted. I'm very happy to almost have a month of sobriety and I'm gonna keep it going!! :)

Inchworm 05-24-2015 06:41 PM

Great job, Angie. I love the happiness tablet idea!

Angie247 05-31-2015 12:36 PM

I will be 5 weeks sober tomorrow. Feeling good and getting really great sleep. Still having some issues with fatigue but trying to go outside for walks a couple times a day. The cravings are not that bad, can get through them. The irritability is just about gone for now. I'm trying to come up with a hobby for myself. Maybe just a little down today but things are going good. I can't ever say enough about how thankful I am for this website and the awesome people on here. Thank you. :)

Angie247 06-06-2015 11:16 PM

My son and I went to my ex husband's place to hang out. My son was happy to see his dad and I made food for everybody. Normally, I have my son tonight but they were having fun on the Wii u so I decided to let my son stay with his dad and I'll pick him back up tomorrow morning. We will go to the library when I pick him up. :-). If this was just a few weeks ago, I would have picked up alcohol on the way home but things have changed. 40 days sober today. 6 weeks on Monday. I caught up on a couple shows and I'm about to go to sleep. :)

ZaBoozer 06-06-2015 11:42 PM

Congrats on forty days Angie. You're doing great there. Keep on keeping on.

Hevyn 06-07-2015 03:40 PM

Very glad to hear the good news Angie. :) Things will continue to get better.

Lance40 06-07-2015 03:43 PM

Congratulations on 40 days!

Venecia 06-07-2015 05:05 PM

Congrats, Angie! You're doing some great work.

newpage119 06-07-2015 05:16 PM

Good for you Angie, congrats on 40 days.

I am so happy for you AND for your son! :c011: