SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   This new sober life (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/367440-new-sober-life.html)

SwimKim12 12-01-2015 11:49 AM

Angie, I am so, so sorry to read about the pain you are in. But I am not at all disappointed in you. I am proud of you for getting those seven months. You worked very hard for your sobriety. Please don't beat yourself up. You are worth sobriety. Take this as a lesson and you are stronger for it. (((((Angie)))))

Dee74 12-01-2015 01:34 PM

How are you doing Angie?

D

amp123 12-01-2015 02:04 PM

Just touching base too, Angie. Hope you're feeling better ;)

gleefan 12-01-2015 03:59 PM

Angie, I'm checking in on you as well. Xxoo

And welcome Scooter!! Please check out the newcomers threads, the December 2015 thread, and the one year and under thread. :)

Angie247 12-01-2015 04:35 PM

Hi everyone. I'm ok. Still feel bad but it seems to be getting better physically. I got really sick from this. I'm at work working overtime but I'm not going fast. I'm thankful for all of you,

Soberpotamus 12-01-2015 04:50 PM

Hey Angie, glad you're starting to feel better.

Still cheering for you. :)

gleefan 12-01-2015 05:50 PM

Thanks for checking in!!

We are thankful for you. In recovery we all need each other. :)

Soberwolf 12-01-2015 11:50 PM

:hug:

Angie247 12-02-2015 02:57 AM

I'm sitting here after a couple hours of sleep. It's almost 2:30am. Feeling so disgusted and ashamed but I'm grateful to be feeling a lot of the alcohol poisoning that has left. I guess I'm ready to tell a little of what happened to me. My mom has not heard from me in a few hours and asked my landlord to check up on me. My mom and I text a lot and she could tell something was off with me and was afraid I was drinking again. We never discussed my drinking and I didn't think or maybe just hope she didn't know. I was found on the couch unresponsive and close to death. My ex husband had told me the night before that he was was taking off a few more days since he had to and I would be alone without my son for more time and I gave myself permission to drink just one bottle of strong liquor. A 15 dollar bottle of liquor almost killed me. My alcohol level was incredibly high and my body was shutting down. If my mom hadn't called, I would quite possibly be dead now. I was admitted overnight. It was the most shameful experience of my life. They released me at 2:30 in the morning (two nights ago almost exactly) and I had no money because my purse was at home but I found a sympathetic taxi driver who let me pay when I arrived at my place. My landlord does not know my reason or doesn't say she knows. My place wasn't filled with alcohol cans so she thinks or says it was something with me being a pre diabetic. I'm sure she had to smell it though. My alcohol had been placed by me in the fridge after my last drink. She was very kind to me after I was released and says she thinks of me as a daughter. I offered to leave after next month and she said she hoped I wouldn't because she loves me. That made me tearful. All I'm saying is I hope nobody experiences something like this. What I experienced will stay with me for the rest of my life and it definitely won't be repeated. Thank you for listening and for being so kind to me. It all felt like a horrible nightmare but was very real. I saw my son today and he's doing great. I'll get him on Thursday. I'm going to see if I can sleep a little more before work.

Dee74 12-02-2015 03:01 AM

I'm really glad you're here with us Angie :)

D

Angie247 12-02-2015 03:12 AM

Thank you, Dee. I wasn't going to go into too much detail but I just don't want to see this happen to anyone else. I was lucky to make it this time. I'm still feeling the effects of it now. I should have done whatever it took to not drink. Reaching out more was one answer but I didn't. I'm going to be reaching out more to people.

kzaug2014 12-02-2015 03:25 AM

Hi Angie, I think you're incredibly brave. I'm so glad you made it through. (( Hugs ))

Incontrol15 12-02-2015 04:13 AM

((Angie))

Thank you for sharing girl friend. Thank you for trusting me and the others here in that way.

We are here for ya.

sc0ot3r1982 12-02-2015 06:40 AM

Thank you for sharing...It means a lot and helps to hear peoples experiences...stay strong and everyone is here for you

Angie247 12-02-2015 07:13 AM

Thank you everyone. I did end up going back to sleep so I slept more last night than I have in the last three days combined. Still feel a little weak but better than yesterday. The vice grip around my head is gone and a lot of that crippling anxiety that comes from drinking left. My mom is very worried about me but we were planning on going to see them later this month and still are. I'm very upset with myself for worrying so many people. Off to work I go. Going to try to give it a little more than yesterday. I just still cannot believe all that happened.

Soberpotamus 12-02-2015 07:30 AM

Oh, my, Angie ... I am really glad you're safe now. That is scary. Believe me, I know, because this exact type of thing happened to me once when I drank after a long period of abstinence! My husband came home and found me unresponsive. Called paramedics, whisked off to ER, and all the that. Really scary, and later, mortifying. I think I have blood sugar issues as well, because they said I wasn't even legally intoxicated at that point. Something was shutting my body down. Very scary situation.

I am so glad you are ok!!!! :hug:

Please reach out to us (or to anyone) if you ever feel like this again. PM me if you want to, I mean that!

gleefan 12-02-2015 08:00 AM

Angie, Thanks for sharing. I drank heavily after 3 weeks of sobriety and I, too, was passed out and unresponsive. I didn't get medical attention but instead got sick all over a hotel room that I shared with my husband and then 7 and 9 year old sons. They still talk about it to this day. That incident is what scared me into AA and gave me the willingness to change my life.

Incontrol15 12-02-2015 08:48 AM

Glad to hear you're over the worst. Make sure you eat healthy foods and water, ok? Nourish your body with vitamins, fruits, nuts, and veggies.

SwimKim12 12-02-2015 09:29 AM

((((Angie))))

I am so glad you are okay. Thank you for sharing. You are a very strong person and I know you will get through this. Sending good thoughts to you :) thank you for being a part of my SR family.

amp123 12-02-2015 02:33 PM

Just SO glad you are now ok. We all live and learn and your sharing this experience may well have helped some of us avoid something similar. Hugs.