SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Newcomers Stay Sober this Weekend 4/30 until (Part 2) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/366284-newcomers-stay-sober-weekend-4-30-until-part-2-a.html)

brynn 05-03-2015 07:36 PM

Here's to good internal vibes, sober adventures, and the real-deal DayQuil!
Xoxo

happyandfree 05-03-2015 08:39 PM

I hope you feel better soon, Ruby.

Imabuleva 05-03-2015 09:25 PM

It turns out that when you stay sober all weekend, Monday is much less of a bleak, depressing, nerve wracking, anxiety-ridden hell. And it just might even be a good Monday :)

Imabuleva 05-03-2015 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by GroundhogDay (Post 5352178)
And another weekend draws to a close. :(

GroundhogDay, you have such a great name for this forum :)

That was my life as a binge drinker.

Pouncer 05-03-2015 10:15 PM

I have been absentee this weekend, but tomorrow is Day 20 for me! It is also my 40th birthday (shameless plug). :)

saoutchik 05-03-2015 10:37 PM

Congratulations Lily and DreaJean.
Hope you feel better asap Ruby
Happy Birthday Pouncer:a122::a122::a122:

Public holiday here in Blighty

I have been seeing posters for the London Coffee Festival stuck on every available space.
Turns out it is just a few minutes away in the old Truman Brewery in Brick Lane

Seems like something the newly teetotal me should check out

ZaBoozer 05-03-2015 11:33 PM

Morning all - back at work today. It is not as bad as it seems. I am actually looking forward to the day.

Soberwolf 05-04-2015 01:01 AM

Good stuff Zab

Its uk bank holiday and im making mrs sw breakfast in bed

Weasel1966 05-04-2015 02:31 AM

:c029:

Thanks for such an amazing weekend!!!

Congratulations Lily and DreaJean

You all saved someone this weekend!!! Yourselves!!!! Just Mex also helped save a baby and a lady from a burning building. :D

The thread keeps going for our Eruo friends!!! I have a busy work day but will check in via my phone. I leave my iPad home on mondays to focus on work. Otherwise I would be here and not there.

Thanks for a fun weekend everyone! See you next Thursday noonish EST (wink wink)

:You_Rock_

Ken

Della1968 05-04-2015 02:53 AM

Happy Birthday Pouncer!

Weasel1966 05-04-2015 02:54 AM

Btw #532

*** lol had to adjust for Della sneaking in there! :D

******* and happy birthday Pouncer!

Della1968 05-04-2015 03:16 AM

I am like a ninja

LBrain 05-04-2015 03:24 AM

when I went to bed last night, Her Braininess said, "Wake me up at 6 o'clock."
Even though she was stayng up all night... ????
amazingly I woke up at 5 - must have some sort of internal alarm - and made a big breakfast. I go to wake her up at 6. "What time is it? Wake me up in 40 minutes." Just doing my duty.

I discovered a weird buzz in my ears at a certain frequency coming out of my head yesterday. I whistled up and down the scale today - buzz is gone.
Still concerned about the bp tho...
Have a great week everyone. Enjoy the holiday - bank day? - over there.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY POUNCER!

:bc4

Gilmer 05-04-2015 04:15 AM

Yes, happy birthday, Pouncer! :)

Ruby2 05-04-2015 04:24 AM

Happy birthday Pouncer!! Have a lovely day!

Brain, I hope your doctor can give you some relief and help out. Not something to mess with. Sounds also like the strain of finals is getting to you both. Wishing Mrs. B the best of luck.

We made it this weekend! If you didn't, where did you get sidetracked? Focus on that area.

BernieE 05-04-2015 04:30 AM

Happy birthday, Pouncer! Your forties will rock!

Got hit by a big hailstorm last evening, there's still a couple foot high piles on the deck, along with shredded leaves. Rhododendrons lost all their blossoms and the bleeding hearts are no longer flowering. But the sun is out this morning and it's a wonderful sober Monday.

Ruby, you really need some time off while the kids are still in school, a couple R&R days for yourself. Sick days don't count.

Happy Monday!

LBrain 05-04-2015 04:34 AM

She just left and said, "See you in a couple hours. I'll be free!"

Yesterday she warned me that she is going to start being in charge around here... lol. Like she hasn't been for the past year already.

Now the arguments about keeping old magazines can begin again.

Ruby2 05-04-2015 05:40 AM

Who's keeping the old magazines? Not surprisingly, I keep old magazines. A long family trait. Paper and ephemera. Does anyone really need two ostrich plumes that adorned a great grandmother's hat at the turn of the century? And I'm not talking this past one either.

I should concoct my own hat like the avatar.

Olive1 05-04-2015 05:47 AM

Happy Birthday, Pouncer!
Happy Monday, Sober Enders!!

May the 4th be with you.
:)

LBrain 05-04-2015 06:11 AM

I used to stock pile 'old' magazines such as my bon appetit . But that was a reference source and important publication to hold on to. Yep, when I was a single dude, I subscribed to cooking magazines.

And I have always held on to my fly fishing magazines and a few angler publications.

The current debate is over The Economist, a weekly rag that we have been getting for the past five years. Although I believe it is without doubt the best weekly publication available, discounting some of it's bias, there is no need to keep boxes of it waiting for them to spontaneously combust.

Amazingly, I keep denying Forbes and Money re-ups but they still show up for free. I ordered these when I had some kind of deal and figured with her background as a player in world economics in the past it would interest her. Apparently she had a bad break up with economics world and wants nothing to do with it. Yeah, she could have taken a high position at van guard but wanted nothing to do with it. So I'll struggle through nursing school... I guess it's the same as me not wanting to enter inside the fence line of my old business.

We are a funny species no doubt.

I think I have a stash of sports illustrated from a while back too. Purged many but kept a few of the 'collectable' ones.