SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   scared and new (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/365489-scared-new.html)

bluesky45 04-27-2015 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 5341066)
Bluesky, Day 5 is great. Good for you!

It sounds like you're feeling better physically and beginning to feel better mentally, too. :)

Thank you Anna, not trying to get ahead of myself but it's new exciting ground for once. One day at a time :)

Fly N Buy 04-27-2015 12:57 PM

Really glad you're here with us!
We've all been where you are - good news = sobriety is there for anyone who is accepting, ready and willing to change. Many examples post here daily!

Keep posting and just take this one day at a time. It's really pretty simple!

bluesky45 04-29-2015 11:32 PM

Day 8 !!!! Day flippin 8
Yesterday I didnt update but there was not an issue I was working late then sseeing to the house things.

Im still tired only managed 4 hours the night before last for some reason. Slept like a baby last night.
Im happy and best of all I've nearly lost the dreaded itch !!!! That with the racing heart and sweats has been the bain of the last few days.
This site has helped because of the wonderful people on it. I feel part of a community of fearless warrior's who bear their souls to help complete stranger's which is what you're doing for me. I will get courage to do the same, im just worried I'll say the wrong thing sometimes.

Thank you I love being part of this community, thanks for letting my be part of it

CeeFarro 04-30-2015 12:16 AM

I can relate to everything you've said. Thank you for being so honest, I am on day 3 myself.

Verte 04-30-2015 12:37 AM

Hi bluesky, keep up the awesome work! It is OK to say the wrong thing as long as you keep coming back. Hah! There is so much to learn about ourselves and who we are without alcohol. There's a beautiful flow to life in recovery. I'm glad you are in it!

:grouphug:

bluesky45 05-24-2015 08:35 PM

I've been drinking. I did 16 days sober then drank for two evening's at the weekend, didnt drink during the week and pretended to myself I was ok. Then I started drinking on Thursday after work and its now monday and i haven't stopped. yesterday I was drunk from lunch onwards. Dont remember much other than watching tv with my 15 year old son, then nothing. I have been awake for the last two hours and want the ground to open and swallow me.
Im so ashamed. I don't know if I upset my son or anything ?? I really felt I was in control but I am just fooling myself. The one thing I had to do was just not drink. I am never doing this again. I know these next few days are going to be horrendous but knowing if my son needs me I am incapable of helping him is killing me.

hugsandcupcakes 05-24-2015 08:46 PM

Hi you should forgive the inexcusable in yourself because God has already forgiven you. You can still be successful. You took a detour from your journey but you are back on track. This downfall has given you some wisdom. Take it and use it for the rest of your journey! You can do this and you have too!

bluesky45 05-24-2015 09:07 PM

Yes your right I have learnt I cannot drink and be in any kind of control. I cant hide from this fact. I just feel so ashamed of myself as a mother. I will not let him down again.

keef21568 05-24-2015 09:19 PM

Please hang in there...for yourself. Try to make it minute by minute to get the clean time.

Dee74 05-24-2015 09:21 PM

I'm sorry you're struggling, but I'm glad you made it back bluesky :)

D

bluesky45 05-24-2015 09:48 PM

Thank you guys. Im scared of what I might have done as I cant remember and its still really early here and he is in bed.
I forgot how disgusting this feels. I needed this kick though as I honestly had started to think I could just drink reasonably at weekends which I obviously can't.

JaneLane 05-25-2015 12:57 AM

I'm glad you are here :-) I've had a lot of day ones and the last day one I had was physically horrible but empowering as I knew it was the last day one I ever had to have. You can do this and you can keep moving forward.

You know you can't drink in moderation, so you can shut that door and know it's not an option now.

CaseyW 05-25-2015 06:51 AM

Glad you made it back in. Wishing you a safe and sober day today! Good news is you never have to feel this way again.

Hope you'll join us in the Class of May 2015 thread. It's a great way to get some support and wisdom from others who are also newly sober.

bluesky45 06-10-2015 11:15 AM

11 days without alcohol which is fab but I now have vertigo, room spinning, nausea and bed rest ..... karma ??

biminiblue 06-10-2015 11:25 AM

Not karma, nervous system healing. :) Keep it going. It takes a while for the brain to stabilize.

You're going to be fine!

bluesky45 06-10-2015 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 5415664)
Not karma, nervous system healing. :) Keep it going. It takes a while for the brain to stabilize.

You're going to be fine!

Thanks biminiblue xx

SoberHoopsFan 06-10-2015 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by bluesky45 (Post 5334461)
I have never admitted to myself I have a problem with alcohol although I have known for a very long time. I drink daily but usually manage to get to work with a smile. About lunchtime I pretend I have a choice about whether I have a drink that night or not and usually justify this by thinking ive had a bad day or I dont have an issue.
Its been 4 years I am scared I want to be normal like other people, I am anxious all the time and irrational. I would like to plan to go somewhere and go rather than be so hungover I cant function.

Somehow getting it out it making it real. This is day two which I manage every month or so, here I go. My stomach is burning and im itchy all over but I know this will be better in a few days and thats when I pretend to myself I dont have a problem again. Not this time !!

Welcome aboard. First few days can be rough, physically, but that goes away.

The bolded is how I used to feel too. I couldn't even plan or do activities on the weekend other than walk to the bar because I couldn't drive anywhere (always drunk) and if it required waking up before 11 am or so, there was no way to predict that I could do so. My whole life outside of work revolved around drinking, and it didn't allow me to do anything. It paralyzed me. I can tell you that if you stay sober, all that goes away and your life can be whatever you want it to be. You can go anywhere, do anything. Much better way to live.

Berrybean 06-10-2015 10:05 PM

Hey Bluesky - the first thing you did was come back here, with a spirit of acceptance of your powerlessness over alcohol (did you know that's the first step of AA??). No excuses, no if's or buts. Well done.

The next step is to come straight here before you buy or drink the booze - there's usually someone here. I believe that AA also have 24 hour telephone numbers you can call - it might be worth writing that somewhere.

You can do this. x

PS Watch out for your alcoholic voice telling you that you deserve / need / can cope with a drink. Those AV's are sneaky buggers.

Hopeless1978 06-11-2015 09:08 AM

Hi Blue!
I just read this entire thread and I wish you nothing but the best! I've been drinking since I was 16 but REALLY drinking for the last 12 or so years and I'm just over a month sober. I won't say it's been easy, but it's what I needed to do. I can't allow alcohol to destroy myself, family, relationships or friendships ANY longer! I just can't!! You know what you want. Eventually, you'll get there!! *BIG HUGS* xxxx

esoxlucius 06-11-2015 10:57 AM

Hi Bluesky, just wanted to say hi and I'm glad you're posting. It's a struggle but you have to believe that it is possible and it is worth it. Keep at it and all the best.