SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober HERE this weekend!!!! Jan 8-11 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/355921-stay-sober-here-weekend-jan-8-11-a.html)

Nonsensical 01-10-2015 05:25 PM

Nofearnobeer 01-10-2015 05:28 PM

OK , off work in 30 minutes...Gonna grab me a cold one...Whatcya think , Diet Coke , sweet Tea , Monster , Iced Coffee(blauck , pass on that) , or one of them Cherry Coke Zeros the family just brought home, which I never knew existed..More carbonation the better so I can out-belch my 9 year old... :)

Lola23 01-10-2015 05:55 PM

Hi

I tried to watch one of those premium channels that you guys mentioned, but it's not working for me. It's cool...

Had a productive day. Worked a bit this morning, then a workout with my trainer. It was tough, it's been several weeks since I've been so hopefully I get a little stronger. Then went to temple for a few minutes of serenity, grocery shopping and got some chicken starting to marinate for a dish I'm going to throw into the crock pot tomorrow. Now just hanging out with some new tea I bought at the store...Honey Vanilla Chamomile. Love this stuff. Pretty rocking Saturday night if I do say so myself. :)

Gonna hit bed a little early tonight, so hope everyone has a good rest of the night.

happyandfree 01-10-2015 05:58 PM

Lola...I have the free premium channels this weekend with my Dish TV service.

happyandfree 01-10-2015 06:00 PM

Lola...I have dish tv...that's what has the free premium weekend.

charleesavedme 01-10-2015 06:18 PM

Productive day of cleaning. Chritstmas stuff all put away. I even cleaned out my closet and dresser. It does feel good to move forward. Now watching football.

Take care...hope everyone has a good nght.

MesaMan 01-10-2015 06:22 PM

Mur_ca Goes Camping!

Had a thoroughly entertaining time at the RV Show today. Stellar People Watching! Saw a Couple I know also kickin' Tires. He's already got a 42' RV 'Bus' that would house a Chinese Village, but the fun is in Window Shopping.

I think the funniest moment was when this Gal in this massive 5th Wheel Trailer like the one below actually said: 'You know, I like this one, but it doesn't have a Pantry as big as that other RV'. Lawdy.

Below, see a Slide Out at the far left. Then, these drop down 'Decks' on heavy Cables that are all the rage. Side Nets to keep the Wee Bastids under control out there. Note the LCD TV mid-Deck. A row of LEDs up under the Awning for a lil Mood Lighting at night. A similar version of this 5th Wheel was ~$109k 'MARKED DOWN TODAY ON SHOW SPECIAL' to $89k. Write 'em a Check, eh?

Da Wife saw the latest 'Hunger Games'. So, she saw Jennifer Lawrence in Body Suit. I saw RVs. Nobody ever said that Life Is Fair, eh?

Homemade Xmas Cookies just now that her Polack Pal brought down. 'Yumbo Way Way', as we say about something that good. I have no idea about how that phrase started. Football on the Tube. We've got 'Dish TV', so mebbe free HBO watching after the Jockette Wife gets her fill of Football.

Hang tight, Noobs. You can do it! There were Beer Cans and empty Mixed Drink Cups everywhere at this RV Show, and I didn't even notice them for the longest time. It does get better. It becomes a non-issue. Nobody fumed on me.

A nice Rocker below from Bryan Adams with a hint of the old 'Peter Gunn' TV Show Theme Song thrown in. Bryan's answer to 'Brown Sugar'...

'Black Pearl' ~ Bryan Adams

http://i59.tinypic.com/2qi73op.jpg

-----

LBrain 01-10-2015 08:03 PM

well, made it home alive from hockey game - it was breast cancer survivor night, pink ice, pink unis, and all the pomp that goes along with it, - the pink ice tho, harder to follow the puck, 'my' team lost, but it was my first time there - minor league hockey is a hoot!
we play Trach's team. My sister said she went to a game when she visited my sister in GA -Gwinett Gladiators vs Reading Royals. Ran into an old work mate. He had a 16 oz lager going and I could tell it wasn't his first one. It doesn't even phase me one bit when I'm talking to folks I knew and they are drinking. It's like I never drank for how much interested I am (not). Ate too much Mexican food - have some left for breakfast.
One thing was weird. Nursing a large coffee watching a hockey game. But still getting into the crowd shenanigans and having a fun time. I never knew they sold coffee at hockey games before :dee

Sober is so much better, I can still have a good time with the best of them.

Have a good night all. Sober Sunday starts in about an hour here.

Oh, they announced at the game that the Feb 28 game is rescheduled. They didn't say why but I will be there Feb 28. I sat in the section next to where my seats are for Sir Elton. Saw my seats. Might not be too bad. I had similar seats for Rod Stewart when he played there years ago. Almost even with front of stage depending on the setup.

LBrain 01-10-2015 08:22 PM

GFOS

Olive1 01-10-2015 08:38 PM

Watched the last 2 minutes of the game.
Seahawks fans are loud!
:)

Weasel1966 01-11-2015 02:55 AM

Sunday Morning Check In!!

How about it... Pretty simple format...1 and a 2 or a 3!

1 - Here

2 - Sober or Need to try harder

3 - Plan for today Optional

Weasel1966 01-11-2015 02:56 AM

I'll start!

Here

Sober

Movie today at my tough time. From 11 am - 5 Sundays are when AV speaks most. Plan on putting AV in his box and covering the air holes!!! NO discussions with it today.

lunar 01-11-2015 03:03 AM

HAPPY SUNDAY!

Behan 01-11-2015 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 5128966)
Hey Behan.... congrats on a sober Friday.

Do you have a plan? I mean do you have a way in your head to think about how you will handle situation and people that will challenge your desire to stay sober?

How long have you ever stayed sober before?

Ken

Thanks Weasel. Still formulating plans. This is a new experience for me. Have never had this level of determination. I'm going to avoid risky situations and people while i prepare. I think the person who has challenged sobriety the most is me. Once i can deal with me, i'll slowly move to others. Thanks for your question.

B

trachemys 01-11-2015 03:08 AM

Hey, lunar! It's Sunday morn.

Weasel1966 01-11-2015 03:09 AM

Originally Posted by Behan (Post 5130765)
I think the person who has challenged sobriety the most is me. Once i can deal with me, i'll slowly move to others.
B

If you don't mind me saying... no one lives in a bubble. I could not "deal with me first" and then move to others. Tough part is doing this all in concert with life. Getting sober while living is where we need to develop and focus the plan.

I have a single big plan that covers all situations. I don't drink and I will never change my mind.

Then I have situation plans that allow me to apply my big plan. These are how early can I leave a drinking situation where I must be at that moment? Plans that set boundaries with others that allow me to not have to challenge my addictive voice. Everything I do must support the big plan.

Think about it some more but please do not "put it off" until you have it all figured out. That will never happen.

George89 01-11-2015 03:11 AM

This is the first time I have been sober on the weekend for a while. I feel really fantastic as a result and really pleased that I have stuck with my sobriety!

This Sunday morning I woke up and blitzed all the cleaning I had to do, washed up, put clothes in the washing machine, cleaned my whole flat in about one hour. Feels so good to have the energy to do things, it really is a pronounced difference!

Yesterday I bought a new curtain/curtain rail for a window in my room. It seems like a small thing but I have been putting that off for about a year! And yesterday I just did it!

Sober weekends are real weekends :) feel like I have actually managed to be productive, relax, and enjoy my time.

lunar 01-11-2015 03:12 AM

Very classy, trachemys!
Thanks!

trachemys 01-11-2015 03:14 AM

Originally Posted by MesaMan (Post 5130400)
Had a thoroughly entertaining time at the RV Show today. Stellar People Watching! Saw a Couple I know also kickin' Tires. He's already got a 42' RV 'Bus' that would house a Chinese Village, but the fun is in Window Shopping.

I think the funniest moment was when this Gal in this massive 5th Wheel Trailer like the one below actually said: 'You know, I like this one, but it doesn't have a Pantry as big as that other RV'. Lawdy.

Below, see a Slide Out at the far left. Then, these drop down 'Decks' on heavy Cables that are all the rage. Side Nets to keep the Wee Bastids under control out there. Note the LCD TV mid-Deck. A row of LEDs up under the Awning for a lil Mood Lighting at night. A similar version of this 5th Wheel was ~$109k 'MARKED DOWN TODAY ON SHOW SPECIAL' to $89k. Write 'em a Check, eh?

OMG. I like camping. I walk off into the woods for days on end with an under thirty pound pack.

Weasel1966 01-11-2015 03:15 AM

Originally Posted by George89 (Post 5130775)
This is the first time I have been sober on the weekend for a while. I feel really fantastic as a result and really pleased that I have stuck with my sobriety!

This Sunday morning I woke up and blitzed all the cleaning I had to do, washed up, put clothes in the washing machine, cleaned my whole flat in about one hour. Feels so good to have the energy to do things, it really is a pronounced difference!

Yesterday I bought a new curtain/curtain rail for a window in my room. It seems like a small thing but I have been putting that off for about a year! And yesterday I just did it!

Sober weekends are real weekends :) feel like I have actually managed to be productive, relax, and enjoy my time.

You rock George!!!

I love my weekend mornings the most! And Sundays with a clean house... make the best Mondays too!!