SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Temptation Season Primer - Weekender Thread Oct 17-19 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/348013-temptation-season-primer-weekender-thread-oct-17-19-a.html)

Weasel1966 10-16-2014 08:55 AM

Temptation Season Primer - Weekender Thread Oct 17-19

At the time I am posting there are 77 days until temptation season is over. That's January 2nd!

You recently quit or had a slip. What do you get for a gift? Alcohol.

You have a work holiday party and what is expected? Drinking

Family get togethers and uncle so-and-so is acting the fool. What would get you over this? A drink.

Temptation season is upon us and we must lay out our sober plans today. There is no procrastinating here. There can be no putting this off.

For me? I got invited to a non traditional thanksgiving get together. I want nothing more than to not be alone that day. Laugh and be carefree with people. And I will. But maybe not carefree. I don't have that luxury. What I do have is a plan.

I am brining some non alcoholic ingredients for sparkling drinks that I can share. One of them is the Pear Tree. A simple drink of pear juice, lemon lime juice, simple syrup, sparkling water and a sprig of mint leaves to garnish.

No body will judge me for drinking my own specialty drink.

What ideas do you have for navigating temptation season?

Are you ready? Can you feel it? Here it is!

Welcome to your sober weekend!!!! *Ring Ring*

:funjump::funjump::funjump::funjump::funjump:

trachemys 10-16-2014 08:56 AM

SHOTGUN!
for bimini

lunar 10-16-2014 08:56 AM

In

trachemys 10-16-2014 08:56 AM

Welcome back!

Weasel1966 10-16-2014 08:58 AM

Holy cow!

Gilmer 10-16-2014 08:58 AM

All this before noon!

ForgetfulKevin 10-16-2014 09:04 AM

Ruby2 10-16-2014 09:07 AM

I'm in. Did you see Trach's pre game show? Great post Weasel. Could you share thr recipe for your mocktail?

Kitchen project buzzing along finally. I will post pics later. One thing I miss? A sink. So simple a need. I will never look at the same way again.

How to celebrate? When I bought the kitchen at ikea I also bought sparkling pear juice to toast with.

Til later! Still here, still sober.

Ruby2 10-16-2014 09:09 AM

I bought the non alcoholic bubbly to crack when project is done. Planning ahead is so important. And typing on my phone still stinks. But hey. It works.

ForgetfulKevin 10-16-2014 09:10 AM

I liked Trach's pre thread show. Next week we should have red-carpet fashion commentary.

BTW, post #7 is just because for weeks I have wanted to have a more minimal "in" post than Oldselfagain or Lunar.

Gilmer 10-16-2014 09:11 AM

My in-laws always bring wine. I usually just tough it out. Nobody knows I'm awkward but me.

Fandy 10-16-2014 09:16 AM

Go Weasey!! Love the Pear Tree drink idea (where do get the juice and what brand, I am hosting Thanksgiving this year too~if they ever fix my dishwasher~ it is apart as we speak in 50 pieces all over my kitchen).

Ruby2 10-16-2014 09:20 AM

Kevin you made me laugh. Im sporting halloween socks. Gray with bats. Laundry time.

Gilmer, I hope your in laws aren't pushy about the wine.

Soberwolf 10-16-2014 09:20 AM

Im in i getting through this christmas by just not drinking

if im offered which i proberly will be at times it will be no thank you

Ruby2 10-16-2014 09:26 AM

Fandy, good luck on the dishwasher saga. The pear tree drink sounds awesome. I have hosted thanksgiving without a dishwasher. It can be done. Just a pain in the keester.

Altoids 10-16-2014 09:33 AM

Howdy weekenders. Holidays and parties aren't really an issue for our family. There aren't any REAL drinkers so if there isn't alcohol, nobody cares.

Speaking of dishwashers, ours broke a few years ago and I've been doing dishes by hand since. At first I was a bit put off because of it, but now it is a time of gratitude and reflection, and I actually look forward to washing dishes. The dishwasher fix isn't easy so will most likely be a replacement. . . but, by the time we got to that decision, I didn't really want one. Maybe later. LOL! There are only 2 of us, so it isn't like I have sink loads of dishes to do everyday. Yeah, if there were kiddos living in the house, I'd have a dishwasher.

Altoids 10-16-2014 09:33 AM

I want the pear drink recipe, too, Ken!!!

biminiblue 10-16-2014 09:39 AM

d'oh! I'm out the door!!

Hi* TTYL *smooches*

Love you, Turtle!!

Fandy 10-16-2014 09:44 AM

Oh no, no dishwasher, no cooking! That is why God made Restaurants!

Altoids 10-16-2014 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Fandy (Post 4958615)
Oh no, no dishwasher, no cooking! That is why God made Restaurants!

Hahahah. . . I love this! For Thanksgiving, we DO go out. We don't have family around so it is our thing to do. I'm not sure what I'd do if there were a bunch of people coming, though.