SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Temptation Season Primer - Weekender Thread Oct 17-19 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/348013-temptation-season-primer-weekender-thread-oct-17-19-a.html)

SnowDawg 10-16-2014 06:13 PM

In. Thursday evening.
Shame on me. Posting while driving.

Conquest 10-16-2014 06:25 PM

Dearest Dee, Thanks for the link! It's in my bookmarks now. And it lead me to another great resource to explore, The Bubble Hour podcasts. You're the best!

Olive1 10-16-2014 06:40 PM

I am in!
Glad I caught the rail before the bus left without me!
Pesky new job getting in the way of posting on SR all day. At the old one I could lurk here all day!
;)

MesaMan 10-16-2014 07:21 PM

Work!

Work getting in the way. Unthinkable!

Maynard G. Krebs On Work

-----

Ruby2 10-16-2014 08:19 PM

Work. What a concept! PK, you used steam? I had a team of trained hamsters running in wheels to power the generator. I only wish I had steam.

Ok. I installed most of the handles on the kitchen cabinets. I had a few to go. I think an ikea trip is in the works for Saturday. I have to get one more pantry cabinet before they are out as the line is discontinued. I just want a sink!

Welcome Conquest to the weekend insanity.

happyandfree 10-16-2014 08:40 PM

Great topic as I'm already thinking about this. I love the pear drink idea. I have relatives coming soon and will make some great non alcohol drinks. Great idea.
I'm in for the weekend -have some fun plans. I think it's finally getting a wee bit easier. :)

SnowDawg 10-17-2014 12:03 AM

Well it's 2:02 AM and I just ate my evening snack. Raw cabbage and pecans. Finally getting some sober time back. I'd best be quiet now and not wake anyone on the bus! :)

petals 10-17-2014 12:07 AM

Im in... hey made it to page 7 this week .xx

trachemys 10-17-2014 01:04 AM

Oh, now you've done it. You woke the turtle.

Oldselfagain 10-17-2014 01:47 AM

Originally Posted by ForgetfulKevin (Post 4958522)
I liked Trach's pre thread show. Next week we should have red-carpet fashion commentary. BTW, post #7 is just because for weeks I have wanted to have a more minimal "in" post than Oldselfagain or Lunar.

Good one Kevin! I don't think I can be any more minimalist than that. Lol

Gilmer 10-17-2014 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by Fandy (Post 4959479)

I hope hubby is leading the discussion "how to be a better husband and help your wife who carries the brunt of the burden"

Yes! As a matter of fact, he is! :) The overwhelming emphasis for both genders is how to be a pleasure to live with and not an *******.

All we can control is ourselves!

Weasel1966 10-17-2014 03:19 AM

Morning Everyone!!!

Up and working from home today. I have wax in my ear so I can only hear out of one side. Thats an odd feeling. :)

I have some catching up to do.

K

Mark1014 10-17-2014 03:39 AM

Originally Posted by SnowDawg (Post 4959989)
Well it's 2:02 AM and I just ate my evening snack. Raw cabbage and pecans. Finally getting some sober time back. I'd best be quiet now and not wake anyone on the bus! :)

Good morning all, SnowDawg's post made me laugh and the sun's not even up. My wife may think I'm back on the bottle.

Fandy 10-17-2014 03:45 AM

Ken, use peroxide with a dropper to dissolve the blockage. put peroxide in your blocked ear and lay on the opposite side for 10 mins. (you will heard a foamy bubbling sound as the wax dissolves), repeat it 3-4 X a day as needed. be really careful not to dig in your ear with Q-tips. you can also go to the doctor (ENT) and they can do a professional flush of the wax, you will be amazed at the difference you can hear once the huge build up is gone.

ok Gilmer, now post these videos on Youtube!

Ruby2 10-17-2014 05:27 AM

Good morning! I'm trying to wake up after not getting to sleep until after midnight. Stumbling around and bumping into things. Too much thinking before bedtime, coupled with caffeine too late.

Planning to head to an AA meeting this evening. One thing to consider in planning for the holidays, if you are so inclined, is that many AA groups have special meetings on holidays because as alcoholics we are well aware of the stress and temptations that go along with the occasion. Last year when I was newly sober after my relapse I went to a meeting on Christmas morning. And on New Year's Day.

Head still in the kitchen planning phase. Daughter has a little friend staying over tonight. Her first sleep over. She is nervous and excited. Will not stop talking. To the point that last night my husband let out a plaintive wail of "stop! Just stop! Can't I even get a glass of water without hearing 'daddy, daddy, daddy'" i sat there laughing and laughing. She never does stop talking. I'm sure when she's a teenager I will miss it but she is a motormouth.

Time to get ready for work.

happyandfree 10-17-2014 05:30 AM

Good morning eveyone! It's Friday! Let the sober weekend begin -have a great day -

Ruby2 10-17-2014 05:36 AM

Here is the progress so far. A lot in a week. Mr. Ruby has been busy on his vacation. He's going fishing today. Well deserved.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2hzpsnq.jpg

I can't decide whether to put the handles on the sink cabinet doors vertically or horizontally. I think horizontally to keep it looking more streamlined. But it has to be soon as I caught little miss Ruby trying to open the door using a butter knife to pry it open. Don't know why. It's empty.

Fandy 10-17-2014 06:11 AM

I did nothing but horiizontal square brushed nickel pulls. mine are very small so they don't detract from the beautiful wood. I bought them on line from a warehouse, they were 1/6th the price of the store (and no tax). rochester, NY i think "myknobs.com"? i would have to check the box at home. I was so pleased with them and so was my neighbor who is remodelling her kitchen (after a busted pipe flooded her house.)..she also ordered from them. Everything was so much cheaper, doorknobs, pulls, etc.

Weasel1966 10-17-2014 06:31 AM

Sitting at the doctors office waiting to get me ear cleaned out. I cannot hear. The voices in my head are louder than I thought. :)

MesaMan 10-17-2014 06:43 AM

Hearing Loss

Sounds like a great time to consider Marriage.