SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Starting to take it personal (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/330898-starting-take-personal.html)

Verte 05-02-2014 01:25 PM

Hey SoulKat...can I just thank you for your emotional day?

Selfishly, this laughing has done my soul such good.

My chest feels a little less heavy. My heart a little lighter. My stomach a little hungrier.

Time to chow.

Hevyn 05-02-2014 01:30 PM

Soul, I'm very relieved that you changed your mind. We love you & you're important here - please never think otherwise!

Thepatman 05-02-2014 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by SoulKat (Post 4627646)

Oh me too!!! Thanks.

Same here, that was preciously funny!

Mountainmanbob 05-02-2014 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by SoulKat (Post 4627403)

I'm leaving SR. It seems like the last few times I've posted I get zero response

sometimes that happens
you are getting a lot of response with this thread it seems

have you made friends (friends request button) ??

I will send you one -- I hope to be accepted

MM

StrengthNme 05-02-2014 01:50 PM

I just joined this site today, but I'm sorry you haven't received the support you are looking for :( If you ever need an ear to listen or someone to talk to, please send me a PM anytime!

ccam1973 05-02-2014 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by jaynie04 (Post 4627620)
Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day, I mentioned it yesterday, some threads are SRO. Sort of a riff on Carlotta's thread.

Tips for creating a stampede…..include any of these in your first post and you're off…

I am not as bad as you people….

I have been sober for 5 weeks, going out tonight to have a few…..

I am really really wealthy…..

I am really really pretty….

I have a genius IQ…

I am famous so none of the regular strategies for sobriety will work for me….

I am sitting here on my yacht, and can't for the life of me remember where I put my keys…

I am sleeping with my best friend's wife/mother/husband/housekeeper…..

This forum is…..

Am I too smart for AA?….

I have devised my own way to stay sober, it has worked for 42 hours, PM me if you need advice….

Can't find my house/car/dog/shoes/jet……

Just broke out of rehab….

My pastor just hit on me…..

I am sure I am only scratching the surface…but you get the idea! :) Don't take it personally Soulkat, keep posting and feel free to raise the roof like you did today when you need help!

Too funny! Glad you are sticking with SR SoulKat. Sorry you are having a bad day...

MIRecovery 05-02-2014 02:53 PM

One thing that has always kept me right sized. 90% of people don't care about me, 5% don't like me and 5% do.

When I view the world through this lense I'm going great if anyone pays any attention to what I have to say

FeenixxRising 05-02-2014 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 4627435)
Not quite true. YOu have started 31 threads and have gotten 307 replies (not counting this thread).

That's a good average. If that's your goal.

SoulKat, numbers can often put things into a more realistic perspective. As Carl pointed out, you've started 31 threads and received 307 replies: 307/31 = 9.9 responses per thread on average. That's almost 10 responses per thread, a decent number by anyone's measure.

FeenixxRising 05-02-2014 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by GirlyGirlRacing (Post 4627438)
Trying to figure this site out. Every time i try and comment or even something as simple as play a game, im denied. hahaha... story of my life! Can someone please explain to me how this works?

Girly, you successfully responded to this thread? What specifically seems to be the problem?

PurpleKnight 05-02-2014 02:58 PM

Another topic that will guarantee a few pages of replies is:

"I'm not sure if I have a drink problem BUT I've just finished a week long binge and I joined a recovery website to ask the question do I have a drink problem? what do you guys think?"

Nuudawn 05-02-2014 03:06 PM

Hey..glad you are still here Soulkat!

(lol good one Purple Knight).

Aellyce 05-02-2014 03:32 PM

Please don't make an impulsive decision based on a feeling in the moment, those come and go like the weather for everyone, addict or not, in recovery or not.

Think back, instead, how many times you came to SR and found relief, something interesting, useful, or even scary but effective. The interactions and connections you have made. Like others said, how your contributions might have helped others in ways you will never know fully.

Why destroy all that for a momentary feeling?

silentrun 05-02-2014 03:37 PM

Glad you are feeling better SoulKat. I remember when my self esteem lived and died by the darn thanks button on here. It gets better.
HaHa Jaynie and Carlotta that was exactly what I was thinking. One of the best SR oneliners ever for me was on a debate thread about powerlessness. I think it was SoberHawk you piped up and said I am powerless not to comment on debate threads.

Dee74 05-02-2014 03:42 PM

I'm glad you changed your mind SoulKat.

In another thread today folks have been reminded of rule 4
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post4627728

In that light, and seeing as you've decided to stay SoulKat, I'm closing this one down.

D