SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Starting to take it personal (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/330898-starting-take-personal.html)

anykey 05-02-2014 12:03 PM

One thing- a thread where the title is complete will get more reads.

People are not going to click on a vague title. Try it- do 2 posts... one with a vague title and one with a complete title.

brazilian 05-02-2014 12:03 PM

don't leave

:)

each one of us is doing what we can

anykey 05-02-2014 12:04 PM

another thing to consider is do you reply to posts? You are more likely to get replies if you also reply.

SoulKat 05-02-2014 12:04 PM

:react I'm sorry everyone. I'm having an emotional day. I have NO reason for it except whenever I'm trying to stay sober I get all sensitive and edgy and cranky even though somewhere deep inside I know I'm better off and will be happy I didn't pick up. I've probably been having a bit of a pitty party for myself

I should have remembered that my posts may help others and that means something even if I don't get all the feedback I would like.

I'm not going anywhere. If anything I need to stay for the support I get from all of your posts, which I am grateful for.

Thanks for being so understanding.

ScottFromWI 05-02-2014 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by SoulKat (Post 4627505)
:react I'm sorry everyone. I'm having an emotional day. I have NO reason for it except whenever I'm trying to stay sober I get all sensitive and edgy and cranky even though somewhere deep inside I know I'm better off and will be happy I didn't pick up. I've probably been having a bit of a pitty party for myself

I should have remembered that my posts may help others and that means something even if I don't get all the feedback I would like.

I'm not going anywhere. If anything I need to stay for the support I get from all of your posts, which I am grateful for.

We are all allowed bad days SoulKat - just don't give up trying, that's the most important thing.

Stoogy 05-02-2014 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by SoulKat (Post 4627505)

Hi, so glad you have decided to stay with us, these guys truly care for all of us.
Have a great weekend Soulkat.

Thepatman 05-02-2014 12:10 PM

:e025:

Thepatman 05-02-2014 12:11 PM

I tried to pick a nice smillie, it's pretty weird now that I look at it moving... LOL!

soberjim 05-02-2014 12:13 PM

Soulkat

I have felt like leaving SR several times....because of what I 'perceived' as a lack of support.....only to realize thta I have indeed received a great deal of support on this forum....then felt bad about myself...especially when reading a thread like this...seeing all the support that exists on SR.....

I can assure you soulkat..if you ever send a PM feeling like you need support I will always do what I can to help.

Glad you decided to stay on .....

Jim

Verte 05-02-2014 12:13 PM

Thepatman...please do not ever start editing your typos.

hee-hee-hee...goofy smillie.

gatorgirl67 05-02-2014 12:15 PM

(((SoulKat))) thinking about you....

coming_clean 05-02-2014 12:17 PM

This is a forum Soulkat, it's not salvation :D

Good you decided to stay

Leshar 05-02-2014 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Thepatman (Post 4627524)
I tried to pick a nice smillie, it's pretty weird now that I look at it moving... LOL!

Haha, yeah, I think that dude needs a dentist!

Soulkat, I think it's a good decision to stay. We all need each other here!

LBrain 05-02-2014 12:22 PM

doggone carl did what I did. I looked at your threads.

when I read through a post, if it is just asking for information and it has already been answered I don't feel the need to reply. Unless I reply from the original post. Then I see that I am saying the same thing already said. Sometimes it is good to have multiple answers to confirm an idea or expression. Other times not. I know this sounds silly, but if someone asks what is 4+4 and the first response is 8, then I don't feel the need to post. I know that is waaaay over simplifying it. But I can give an example of that in one of your threads.

Sorry you are having a bad day. We all do. Sometimes I feel I'm not getting the love I want too. Trust that no one here is purposefully not answering your posts or has ill thoughts toward you. I still have my woe is me days. I just got a very bad call from my HR person and told me I was not compliant with their program - even though I was.

jaynie04 05-02-2014 12:52 PM

Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day, I mentioned it yesterday, some threads are SRO. Sort of a riff on Carlotta's thread.

Tips for creating a stampede…..include any of these in your first post and you're off…

I am not as bad as you people….

I have been sober for 5 weeks, going out tonight to have a few…..

I am really really wealthy…..

I am really really pretty….

I have a genius IQ…

I am famous so none of the regular strategies for sobriety will work for me….

I am sitting here on my yacht, and can't for the life of me remember where I put my keys…

I am sleeping with my best friend's wife/mother/husband/housekeeper…..

This forum is…..

Am I too smart for AA?….

I have devised my own way to stay sober, it has worked for 42 hours, PM me if you need advice….

Can't find my house/car/dog/shoes/jet……

Just broke out of rehab….

My pastor just hit on me…..

I am sure I am only scratching the surface…but you get the idea! :) Don't take it personally Soulkat, keep posting and feel free to raise the roof like you did today when you need help!

iSPAZ 05-02-2014 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by jaynie04 (Post 4627620)
Funny, I was just thinking about this the other day, I mentioned it yesterday, some threads are SRO. Sort of a riff on Carlotta's thread.

Tips for creating a stampede…..include any of these in your first post and you're off…

I am not as bad as you people….

I have been sober for 5 weeks, going out tonight to have a few…..

I am really really wealthy…..

I am really really pretty….

I have a genius IQ…

I am famous so none of the regular strategies for sobriety will work for me….

I am sitting here on my yacht, and can't for the life of me remember where I put my keys…

I am sleeping with my best friend's wife/mother/husband/housekeeper…..

This forum is…..

Am I too smart for AA?….

I have devised my own way to stay sober, it has worked for 42 hours, PM me if you need advice….

Can't find my house/car/dog/shoes/jet……

Just broke out of rehab….

My pastor just hit on me…..

I am sure I am only scratching the surface…but you get the idea! :) Don't take it personally Soulkat, keep posting and feel free to raise the roof like you did today when you need help!

You made me laugh!!

SoulKat 05-02-2014 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by iSPAZ (Post 4627631)
You made me laugh!!

Oh me too!!! Thanks.

SoulKat 05-02-2014 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by doggonecarl (Post 4627435)
Not quite true. YOu have started 31 threads and have gotten 307 replies (not counting this thread).

That's a good average. If that's your goal.

Hey, how do you know that? ;) I can barely find my own posts much less other people's. LOL!

SoberLeigh 05-02-2014 01:09 PM

Glad that you are staying, SoulKat. We all need each other.

PurpleKnight 05-02-2014 01:24 PM

Every profile has a "statistics" tab, you can get a list of all threads started!! which then has beside them the number of replies!! :)