SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Quiting pot - not so easy (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/313448-quiting-pot-not-so-easy.html)

brazilian 11-22-2013 02:35 AM

Thanks, guys. :)

Day 9

I will not drink any coffee today (yesterday I abused on caffeine).

happycampers 11-22-2013 06:11 AM

day 15 - I like my coffee and I'm not giving that one up ! I don't smoke, drink or do drugs. As long as coffee is not affecting my Life, which it isn't , I see no need to give up a simple pleasure that I really enjoy - that's just the way I see it for me.

jeeves 11-22-2013 07:43 AM

Sounds like you're doing well! Good call on not drinking coffee, caffeine can exacerbate anxiety and aggression!

brazilian 11-22-2013 08:26 AM

happycampers, congratulations on your 2 weeks! I don't intend to give up coffee, either. It's just a brake.

jeeves, That's exactly the point, yesterday I abused on caffeine and got ridiculously anxious... not cool. Thanks for the support.

brazilian 11-23-2013 06:53 AM

Day 10

:/

happycampers 11-23-2013 11:07 AM

day 16

brazilian 11-24-2013 01:25 AM

Day 11

Got up at 7:00 AM on a monday to study.
If I had smoked skunk yesterday, this wouldn't be possible, would it?

brazilian 11-24-2013 01:44 AM

* sunday, not monday.

feeling-good 11-24-2013 03:16 AM

No, it wouldn't have been possible - way to go Brazilian!!! I'm rooting for you and everyone here! :wiggle:

Image101 11-24-2013 03:42 AM

Hey guys I just wanted to jump in this thread if it's ok. I've been a daily smoker for a decade. The las couple years it's been 2-3G/day of super high quality pot. I'm on day 4, which is something I have not done in at least 5 years. You guys are an inspiration and I'd like to join you on this exciting journey :).

PS any other heavy potheads still coughing up tons of crap? I can't imagine what my respiratory system looks like... Ugh. I read In a few places it can be part of withdrawal.

brazilian 11-24-2013 04:33 AM

Thanks, feeling-good :)

Image101: You are so very welcome here! Let's do it together, we are an inspiration to each other :) Congratulations on your day 4! Just keep it going.

Image101 11-24-2013 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by brazilian (Post 4309329)
Thanks, feeling-good :)

Image101: You are so very welcome here! Let's do it together, we are an inspiration to each other :) Congratulations on your day 4! Just keep it going.

Thanks!! I've been addicted to almost everything (heroin included) and was a bad alcoholic for years (quit drinking a year ago), but pot was always there. Always. And when I quit drinking I replaced it with pot. I knew it, too, but at the time it was better than drinking myself stupid every night (talk about a TRAINWRECK!!).
I knew this time would come, but i'm excited. Not scared. I want to really see what I can do with my life.

happycampers 11-24-2013 05:04 AM

That's awesome, Image ! Yes, the more the merrier here. All Ex-potheads and wannabe-ex-potheads WELCOMED !!! We are creating the opportunity for a New LIFE - isn't that exciting We know where the old one goes and frankly, it's become quite boring and dull to me. So, with a little hard work and some slight, but temporary discomfort, we'll earn it. WE CAN DO THIS ! I figure it'll take 90 days to really feel solid in my soberity - day 17 today. Good to have you here, Image ! Anyone else want to join the party?

Image101 11-24-2013 10:27 AM

Do any of you guys get irked at the whole 'pot isn't addictive' thing? I do. It's been the most difficult addiction for me to conquer by far.
I think that because it doesnt have the severe immediate consequences (like hangovers, ridiculous behavior, arrest, DUI, etc, violence) people don't take it seriously enough.

brazilian 11-24-2013 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Image101 (Post 4309954)
people don't take it seriously enough.

I agree.

feeling-good 11-24-2013 12:01 PM

I have to say I feel very fortunate that I never established an addiction to pot, but I absolutely could see how I could have. Alcohol (and nicotine) have been my demons, even after trying grass & pot several times and cocaine a couple of times. Regardless, I am glad that I have no addictive substances in me now. It only took 22 years, but, hey, I'm here!

brazilian 11-24-2013 03:48 PM

I feel fortunate that 9 years ago I decided to quit smoking, and stayed sober for 6 years. Even though I started smoking again (for 2 years, then stoped for 9 months, then smoked again for 2 months, and here I am), I feel that this sober period was important to "weaken the addiction".

Image101 11-24-2013 06:48 PM

Wrapping up day 4. Watching X files and going to bed. No cravings! Had a nice relaxing day. HOw are you guys holding up??

brazilian 11-25-2013 01:34 AM

Day 12

Image, I'm doing ok, I guess. Less anxious, due to the caffeine reduction. I don't feel foggy anymore. A bit tired of studying, and a little bored, miss my friends. Almost had a beer this weekend, but not. I have to figure out ways to have fun and relax without beer or pot or food excess. In general, I think I'm doing fine.

And how are you today? Congratulations on your 4 days! You know, I read the hardest days are between 3-6, so you are doing GREAT. Keep going.

Image101 11-25-2013 04:37 AM

Hey brazilian. Glad to hear it. Good idea staying away from the beer. Really good idea, actually.
Do you have an exercise program in place? I know you mentioned dieting which may or may not contribute to anxiety, but exercise is very, very important to staying on course with my recovery. It's something I used to be extremely passionate about until it got in the way of smoking weed, of course.

On a side note it's 4 degrees F here this morning :/.