SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Quiting pot - not so easy (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/313448-quiting-pot-not-so-easy.html)

brazilian 11-16-2013 03:31 AM

Yeah, Dee. I think I will.

Day 2 was OK. But night 2 wasn't. The neighbour's dog barked ALL NIGHT LONG. It was really annoying. But I managed to control my anger and sleep in the couch. Not a good night sleep, only 5 hours. Feel dizzy now.

Day 3 has just began and it's already a challenging day.

brazilian 11-17-2013 04:40 AM

Day 4 :/

sugarbear1 11-17-2013 11:02 AM

I quit weed and pot at the same time (well, pot began 3 days before the alcohol as I had run out...). 2.5 years later and still continuously sober/clean!

It CAN be done!

What are you doing for your recovery other than not using?

brazilian 11-17-2013 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by sugarbear1 (Post 4296886)

What are you doing for your recovery other than not using?

It's an interesting question.. but I'm not sure I understood it..

I'm not doing much.. I'm on a low carb diet so I can lose the weight I gained in this 2 months that I smoked pot and drank beer..

And trying to study but I didn't really managed to start yet.. neither I started cardio exercices I planned to do.. I'm mostly resting and trying hard on the diet.. seems to be working well, I guess.

Tomorrow I will study for sure. Have to.

Thank you very much for your attention, sugarbear

brazilian 11-18-2013 01:59 AM

Day 5.

Glad I made the first weekend, and wasn't that hard.

brazilian 11-18-2013 05:04 AM

Finally, started studying. Don't feel foggy anymore, just extremely anxious (as always have been).

I wish we all have a good week of sobriety, serenity and progress.

brazilian 11-18-2013 04:47 PM

Day 5, night.

I'm a emotional wreck right now. Feeling depressed.

erics 11-18-2013 05:20 PM

Nao fume! You will have to start over again! Keep going, this will pass and you will feel better and better.

brazilian 11-19-2013 01:19 AM

Thanks, erics. I won't.

Day 6.

brazilian 11-19-2013 02:03 AM

The night was a little rough. Had some nightmares before I could really get to sleep. In a moment I thought I had awake from the nightmare but I was still dreaming. Creepy.

Now I feel not well. I'm on a really bad mood right now. Maybe because I have a lot to deal with today. I'd love to just rest and sleep some more.

But that's OK. I hate complaining about my life, it's a good life. Let's get through the day, shall we.

brazilian 11-19-2013 09:51 AM

Day 6, afternoon.

Very anxious.

I feel like smoking, but I won't.

happycampers 11-19-2013 11:11 AM

Stay Strong !!! First week is the toughest and you're almost through it ! DON'T give up now ! You're doing fine - just go do something - ANYTHING !

brazilian 11-19-2013 11:19 AM

Thanks, friend. I really appreciate your atention. Feeling better already.

brazilian 11-20-2013 02:55 AM

Day 7

feeling-good 11-20-2013 04:03 AM

Brazilian - go you!!! Day 7 is awesome!! You absolutely can do this! We're all rooting for you

:You_Rock_

happycampers 11-20-2013 05:33 AM

Toughest part is done now - great job ! I'm on day 13 myself and my next target is a month ! We can do this together!!! It CAN be done and I am determined to do so. I'm leaving this 30 year negative habit behind me ! I am already experiencing a new, brighter Life and I won't go back now ! Life IS better on the Clean side!
We Can Do This Brazilian !!! Let's Keep It Going !

brazilian 11-20-2013 11:44 AM

Feeling-Good, thank you for your support, it's really important for me.

Happycampers. Yes, we can do it and we will. Let's do it together. My first goal is 15 days, and after that will be 30 days. And so on. Thanks, man. And congratulations for your 13 days.

coming_clean 11-20-2013 12:44 PM

keep on going dude u can!!

sodamntiredofit 11-20-2013 12:48 PM

Hey I'm new. I'm scared of the anxiousness I have today. I scraped my bowl last night, smoked the resin out of it this morning and threw the bowl away in the dumpster next to my work at lunch. I have done this before. WHy am I thinking this time is going to be different for me? Daily smoker for over 25 years. I'm so tired of it.
Please tell me why this time is going to be the time for me?

Dee74 11-20-2013 01:18 PM

Hi sodamn - welcome :)_

It could be different...if you do different things.

I had to change my lifestyle and some of the people I hung around with to make this stick....support helps too, and there's tons of that here...

I really believe you get out of your recovery what you put into it, so give it everything you have :)

D