SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hate this (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/308617-hate.html)

trudgingagain 10-27-2013 08:02 AM

I have been reading your posts as well Twinnings. I totally understand about small towns and remoteness...which is what I live in now. When I first got sober, many years ago, I went to AA. My sponsor wanted me to go to more meetings, but I was a single mom with 2 little ones and worked full time and went to law school at night. I just couldn't do it. Went to one meeting a week and managed to stay sober for 8 years. I have had a few relapses...now starting again...at day 13. Am here on this forum and using Rational Recovery, SMART, Women for Sobriety, etc. to stay sober this time. I am past the detox stage and hope to be on the road to recovery (again). Good for you!

Twinings 10-27-2013 09:11 AM

Croydonlad, it's a tough situation for sure, but if you don't feel like you need to change jobs atm that's good, and having something to do can definitely be better than having too much time sometimes!

Thank you W.

Trudgingagain, you did 8yrs!!! that's amazing... you can be back there soon enough! Keep using as many tools as possible, that's my plan. My life seems to be revolving around recovery, some could say obsessing, but I don't care, it's keeping me sober!

My ex just came over, she has decided she doesn't want to be friends. It was sad, i'd normally dull this with booze but I don't want to. I need to feel this.

trudgingagain 10-27-2013 11:18 AM

Thanks Twinnings....I am trying ;) Too bad about your ex......but, ya gotta believe that everything happens for a reason....that's what I keep telling myself anyways ;)

Twinings 10-27-2013 12:30 PM

gaaarrgh ack bah grrrrrrrrrrr

Just found another bottle of vodka, almost full, stashed in a shoebox.
That's the second i've found in random places with no recollection of them.

I've not touched a drop but can't bring myself to throw it out :headbange

pinkdog 10-27-2013 12:36 PM

Hi Twinings, I hope you throw it out. :ring

trudgingagain 10-27-2013 01:17 PM

Throw it out or give it to a neighbor....just get it out of the house ;)

Mountainmanbob 10-27-2013 03:19 PM

I we need not deceive ourselves yet again
I would have no use for it
might be best to be rid of it
thats what I would surely do if it was my drink of choice
mm

Twinings 10-28-2013 04:39 AM

I threw it out this morning, I dunno why I just couldn't last night, maybe cus I was a bit sad. Anyway it's gone now.

New day, got a meeting later. :)

croydonlad 10-28-2013 04:44 AM

You did the right thing. Keep going to the meetings! You seemed in such a positive frame of mind. Must be doing you good.

trudgingagain 10-28-2013 05:46 AM

So glad you threw it out! Best not to have to resist temptation ;)

Mountainmanbob 10-28-2013 06:25 AM

Amazing how many ataboys here for just doing the right thing
mm

Twinings 10-28-2013 10:46 AM

Just got back from a meeting, it was really good, really inclusive and lots of wise words. :ring
Can't wait for tomorrow.

Twinings 11-02-2013 03:28 PM

Today's been odd....
I seem to be in a mental fuzz... not really thinking of anything, not really doing anything, time just keeps flying bye without anything achieved.
Taking my Bvits and still on a very healthy diet.

I went on a train today, for the first time sober, I usually always drink on trains.
I think nearly everyone else on the train were drinking, I forgot, it being Saturday and a football match on... the whole train stunk of booze.
Some girls were drinking and talking about all the times they go out in this city and get too drunk to get home and get arrested or just pass out in the station till the first morning train. They sounded idiotic.

croydonlad 11-03-2013 02:27 AM

I guess it's good you're doing things and getting used to not drinking.

Hopefully you'll soon be in the habit of thinking differently!

I hear people talking like those girls all the time. I wasn't that bad and I still thought I needed to stop.

I'm on my way to work. AGAIN. I'm shattered. The hours are doing are crazy and I spoke to the powers that be about it and they didn't seem to have much to say.

Plus my ankle is still killing me. It was getting better and I was walking around and now it's just causing me loads of pain again and I can hardly walk.

It's getting me down. I'm not depressed or anything but I just wish I had a bit more free time from work and a brand new ankle.

Hawkeye13 11-03-2013 02:43 AM

Hi Twinings;
I'm glad to see you are still going strong. I think you've really been doing an amazing job staying sober and moving on with your life.

I'm sorry about the girlfriend not wanting to be friends, but perhaps that will clear the deck and make room for someone else to come in your life when you are ready. How's your injury, by the way?

Twinings 11-03-2013 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by croydonlad (Post 4272896)
I'm on my way to work. AGAIN. I'm shattered. The hours are doing are crazy and I spoke to the powers that be about it and they didn't seem to have much to say.

Plus my ankle is still killing me. It was getting better and I was walking around and now it's just causing me loads of pain again and I can hardly walk.

It's getting me down. I'm not depressed or anything but I just wish I had a bit more free time from work and a brand new ankle.

Hey croydonlad, good to hear from you!
I think you need to try be more assertive with them... if work is getting you down/stressful it could be a trigger.

And sorry about your ankle... sucks dont it :(
Go back to the doc and get them to check it again.

Twinings 11-03-2013 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hawkeye13 (Post 4272910)
Hi Twinings;
I'm glad to see you are still going strong. I think you've really been doing an amazing job staying sober and moving on with your life.

I'm sorry about the girlfriend not wanting to be friends, but perhaps that will clear the deck and make room for someone else to come in your life when you are ready. How's your injury, by the way?

Thanks Hawkeye!
Atm I'm quite content on my own, not interested in anyone else coming into my life, just getting on with sorting myself out!

My ankles ok...Some days are not so bad some days it hurts a lot...got another appt coming up soon so I'll find out more then.

How are are you doing?