SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Tonights the last night (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/297723-tonights-last-night.html)

lessgravity 06-13-2013 05:38 PM

Tonights the last night

Wrong place to post? If so I'm sorry.

I'm drunk now (two vodka nips, a bottle and a half of wine down, maybe more to come) but want/need tomorrow to be a real Day 1.

I look at my son on the couch. He's 5. He deserves better than this, even if I'm not the worst day.

The demon, the beast, the poison, calls me so often.

I don't know if I'm ready. I just know I need to be.

Tomorrow, Day 1. Crap.

Tamerua 06-13-2013 05:48 PM

Why not start Night 1 now? You can do this.

lessgravity 06-13-2013 05:56 PM

I'm already drunk. I'm just trying to prepare to beat the demon tomorrow. But yes please thanks for your encouragement.

yukonm 06-13-2013 05:58 PM

We have a 24 hour Club here where we sign in and commit to 24 hours sober. Please join us.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-6-a.html

Tamerua 06-13-2013 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by lessgravity (Post 4015276)
I'm already drunk. I'm just trying to prepare to beat the demon tomorrow. But yes please thanks for your encouragement.

Yukon said it better. You don't have to have anymore tonight. :)

LazyBonez 06-13-2013 06:06 PM

Haha I got a good laugh... "why don't you start now night 1?" ...... "I'm already drunk"

sorry... in seriousness though, I wish you luck. It's so hard. The drink has very strong gravity.

I hope to see your update tomorrow!

Midlifecrisis 06-13-2013 06:11 PM

Best of luck for tomorrow. I am starting day one tomorrow too.

drunkyjules 06-13-2013 06:22 PM

You can do it lessgravity. Just do 1 day at a time. Focus on spending some fun time with your son, get out get some fresh air or something.

Once you have a day or two sober you will see how much better it feels.

I know its hard when your stuck in the drunk cycle though - I've been there. You can do it!

ForMy2Boys 06-13-2013 06:34 PM

Hugs, get your little one to bed and be prepared to try again

lessgravity 06-13-2013 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by ForMy2Boys (Post 4015348)
Hugs, get your little one to bed and be prepared to try again

Love your username. Have you been able to do it?

Dee74 06-13-2013 07:18 PM

That's the second time today I've seen someone say I can;t start today I'm already drunk.

I get it, cos I did it myself - but c'mon - it's BS.

Tip the rest away, drink some water, head to bed.

Make a stand now.
Let your addiction know the party's over Less.

D

Hevyn 06-13-2013 07:34 PM

We'll be pulling for you, lessgravity. You can get free of it and have a great life. See you tomorrow.

kiter 06-13-2013 07:41 PM

I am one day sober and definitely feel better and I am sure that you will too! Take care

FreeFall 06-13-2013 08:12 PM

I remember the night I decided enough is enough. I was sitting in the bar realizing I wasn't there to be social, actually I didn't want to talk to anyone, and didn't really like anyone that was hanging out that night. I was there only for the booze. I was also risking a dui or hurting someone by continuing, and I was taking time away from loved ones who needed me. Normally if I got to that point, I'd be miserable and I would continue drinking and decide to quit "for good" "tomorrow" (which never happened). That night I stopped and went home. I literally knew I was so close to crossing over that line where I wouldn't be able to control it and it scared me. I had not been able to control it for years (ie trying to moderate) but I was afraid of the inevitable progression and the destruction to health and well being that was on it's way.

I think it's a great idea to stop in the middle of drinking and realize that YOU are in control and can make the choice to change. Putting it off keeps you spinning like a gerbil on a wheel going nowhere. If you're starting to feel ready, go for it!!

serious 06-13-2013 08:25 PM

it's a horrible feeling to think that you can't stop right now.
i've felt it once too many times.

the thing is YOU CAN stop. the beast can't. you are not the beast. you are a rational person who knows what's right. you can do this. you have a reason to. the beast will make you feel like ****, but nothing will make you feel as great as being sober. no amount of liquor ever will bring you true and honest joy.

good luck!

wanttobepure 06-13-2013 08:31 PM

I hope to read your post TODAY'S THE FIRST DAY tomorrow.

Nighthawk8820 06-13-2013 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by lessgravity (Post 4015246)
Wrong place to post? If so I'm sorry.

I'm drunk now (two vodka nips, a bottle and a half of wine down, maybe more to come) but want/need tomorrow to be a real Day 1.

I look at my son on the couch. He's 5. He deserves better than this, even if I'm not the worst day.

The demon, the beast, the poison, calls me so often.

I don't know if I'm ready. I just know I need to be.

Tomorrow, Day 1. Crap.

I wish you all the best. What is your strategy towards being sober?

thewalkingdead 06-14-2013 01:31 AM

I am stopping today too. At least I pray I can beat the desire.

Michael66 06-14-2013 01:42 AM

The best way to prepare for tomorrow is to limit your hangover.

I found that promises for the future rarely worked if I wasn't prepared to stop at the time. The only time we can really choose not to drink or take drugs is 'now' - it's the only time we have any control over.

GracieLou 06-14-2013 02:36 AM

The night I finally stopped fighting the demon I was drunk. That same night I was drunk when I called AA. I was drunk when I talked to the lady that agreed to pick me up and take me to a meeting. I was drunk at the AA meeting.

When you decide to stop fighting, then stop fighting. It does not matter what condition you are in at the time.

No one understands an alcoholic more than another alcoholic. You are not going to shock us that you have been drinking or that you are drunk. I was too.