SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober here this weekend! 3/15...3/17 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/287531-stay-sober-here-weekend-3-15-3-17-a.html)

Weasel1966 03-15-2013 03:05 AM

Stay sober here this weekend! 3/15...3/17

I woke in a selfish mood. Not the "hey thats mine!" Selfish. More like let's kick the F'ing cat selfish.

Then I considered where would it go from here today?

"It"? What is "it"?

Hang this mood out front all day and people will see an it about me. It will be the first thing they see. A sourpuss. Do I want that? ....no.

If I allow it to steer the ship will I make it through the weekend sober? No... Just alone. That's all.

So here is my mood adjustment.... Weekend sober.... Get the hell out of yourself.... Be kind just because.... Weekend sober thread!

Ya with me?

Fandy 03-15-2013 03:26 AM

You had better be nice to your cats, or karma will kick you!
Good friday morning week-enders (not weak-enders).
Let's be grateful we have 2 days to decompress and enjoy some down time.
Ugh, i wish the weather would warm up here it is very cold and we might get a little snow.
I will start my day with a bagel and a good walk to keep me and the dog moving.
Off to the grats thread too.

Weasel1966 03-15-2013 03:29 AM

Disclaimer: No cats were hurt in the writing of this post.

Obladi 03-15-2013 03:39 AM

Yay!
I am very much looking forward to this weekend, not a small part of it being hanging out on the stay sober thread!

I'm in.
(As opposed to all in.) :)

Nonsensical 03-15-2013 03:49 AM

I am in! I will need more bacon. Mrs Non put a marker on the bacon in the fridge so she can make some fancy dish to take to our get together Saturday night. It could be a 2 pound weekend!

I rode my bike a few times this week, and it seems to be improving my sleep. Good positive stuff. :)

TryingHarder 03-15-2013 04:01 AM

This is my first weekend completely sober. Holding virtual hands with he weekenders. I can do this.

Fandy 03-15-2013 04:37 AM

I broke down and purchased the cooked fancy "healthy" bacon at Costco.....all "de-fatted".

i pop it in the microwave for 30 seconds on a paper towel, then put it on my cream cheese bagel....Yum....
Nons....I can hear your arteries slamming shut all the way in Jersey! I got my decaff Earl Gray Teabags too...along with the lemon zinger.

it is very cold here.

Weasel1966 03-15-2013 04:43 AM

"Pork chops and bacon are my two favorite animals. Mmmmm."
~ Mr. Homer Jay Simpson

soberjim 03-15-2013 04:53 AM

I'm in... number 3 in a row...Longest....I can remember..Not easy but I really want what sobriety gives.

Jim

JimJim 03-15-2013 05:06 AM

I'm in. :)

Stewart888 03-15-2013 05:12 AM

Living in Asia now...well...it's already Friday night...I'm home sober and ready in 2 hours to jump in bed with a smile on my face.:))

elderine 03-15-2013 05:16 AM

Me too.

Obladi 03-15-2013 05:26 AM

In a stroke of sanity, I signed up for a late shift tonight.

Will spend the day doing a bit of work from home, cleaning, doing a bit of marketing (mostly for bacon), hanging with my daughter a bit and chatting with you all in the tween times.

Having made it through "weekend eve" (Thursday night), I feel like I've taken a running leap, but it's early. Mornings are always good for resolve; that AV makes it's first appearance sometime in the afternoon. (Guess it feels safe to sleep the morning in to gather energy for later).

Started the day with a long-overdue chat with my beloved introducing the topic of unresolved business. Which reminds me now - that did conjure up the spectre of the bottle. I do hate confronting this stuff, but for me it's necessary in order to move forward, which I would so dearly love to do. But for now, I will focus on now.

Off to deal with everyday life biz!

Mrbeagle 03-15-2013 05:31 AM

Count me in chaps and chapettes. Count me in with the bacon too, bacon sandwiches with eggs and brown sauce anyone!?

coffeetogo 03-15-2013 06:08 AM

I'm in! Big weekend here in Ireland. Looking forward to staying sober for it.

misspond 03-15-2013 06:11 AM

I'm in on this one too - this would be my first sober weekend in a very long time once we reach Monday morning.

Weasel1966 03-15-2013 06:19 AM

GREAT to see so many first timers and others for a very active drinking day around the world.

I can observe. I can laugh with you. I can be happy. I just cannot drink!

cb1 03-15-2013 06:20 AM

ready for the weekend. Bring it on............

soopy99 03-15-2013 06:38 AM

Looking forward to my first sober weekend of the month. No AV, you cannot go to the Friday afternoon office cocktail party. Not even for some shrimp.

Nonsensical 03-15-2013 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mrbeagle (Post 3863112)
Count me in chaps and chapettes. Count me in with the bacon too, bacon sandwiches with eggs and brown sauce anyone!?

Does brown sauce have another name? What's in it?