SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Stay sober here this weekend! 3/15...3/17 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/287531-stay-sober-here-weekend-3-15-3-17-a.html)

bigsombrero 03-17-2013 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by Weasel1966 (Post 3864792)
Big!!!!! That's awesome. I remember when you asked the board about this event. You are doing the right thing. Post how you feel tomorrow morning or later.

Happy for you!

Ken

Hey Ken - I feel really great about how it all worked out. My friends could not have been nicer, and though there was a bit of awkwardness when I was on the conference call and everyone else was there - in the end it didn't matter that much. What did matter was getting to spend some sober time with a few of my friends before the party, it was great. It all worked out as good as I could have hoped. I am glad I did not go, but happier that I was able to get something out of it. Overall it was a growing moment for me, and a positive one at that.

misspond 03-17-2013 08:51 AM

I do so want a drink tonight. I know that it's just because I've gone for nearly a week without now and it's my AV, so I can see how sneaky it is now. I won't though, being here makes me more accountable, can't talk to my kids about this, I only have you all. I'll try and spend the next hour or so reading threads to get my resolve back up.

escapist 03-17-2013 11:16 AM

Hang on Misspond. The first couple weeks are hard. You are doing a wonderful job. I remember feeling the way you feel. The longest days of my life.
Happy Saint Patricks Day Weasel. What are you wearing lol.

Weasel1966 03-17-2013 11:23 AM

Hey escapist.... Not a fan of holiday. So anything but green.

There are so many idiots across the street right now. Needed to walk past. I crossed the street and crossed there. I love when Irish green turns to puke green.

My lamb stew is coming alone nice. I just sautéed pearl onions in butter and a white cooking wine until the liquid was gone. Then into the stew. Mmmmmmm.

BEAUTIFULIFE 03-17-2013 11:34 AM

hang in there....xo

escapist 03-17-2013 11:38 AM

I made a boneless leg of lamb a few days ago. I have not cooked anything with wine. I don't trust myself to keep a bottle. I remember years ago I drank extract for the alcohol. My lamb turned out beautifully. I served it with baby potatoes and green beans. I am still in my gown and robe Weasel. Pink and Pink. I am way too mean to be pinched.

Weasel1966 03-17-2013 11:50 AM

Pink on pink! Lol lovely.

------

I have to say.... I have an orchid that is blooming... A peace Lilly that has several blooms. Heck my Christmas catus is blooming in march! It just bloomed in dec. and I have, what I call, an elephant ears plant that is blooming. Not to shabby for this black thumb!

Starbaby928 03-17-2013 11:52 AM

Y'all make me hungry when I lurk around this thread!!! :-D

Nonsensical 03-17-2013 12:15 PM

Well the sky looked like rain all day,and it sprinkled just enough so that I was afraid to get my saw out and work on my deck. I did a little more sanding and smoothing on the drywall in the pool room. Mostly, though, I didn't get much done today.

Called a bunch of people and mended some fences. I went to see my neighbor, but he wasn't home.

Mrs Non lined up some massages for us late this afternoon. Love that place. Fastest 90 minutes of your life there on the table. :)

Nonsensical 03-17-2013 12:26 PM

And WTH is with all the amateur action on Facebook today?

More posts on Facebook today about drinking than I have seen in a long time. Everyone wants me to know they are going to be drinking Guinness and Jameson.

Rank amateurs! I'll be spending my St Patty's Day with the professional party peeps here at SR!

Weasel1966 03-17-2013 12:35 PM

My lamb stew

1 Attachment(s)
Lamb stew with shaved parmesan.

escapist 03-17-2013 12:38 PM

I know Nonsensical. I see it too. The thought of a shot hitting my stomach makes me want to hurl.
Weas. My daughter sent me a pink hydrangea for my birthday. It looks wilted today. I watered it. I want to plant it outside but I can't until it warms up in about 6 weeks. How am I going to keep it alive????

escapist 03-17-2013 12:39 PM

Yes on the stew. Thats enough to make me want to get dressed and come see you.

Nattythreads 03-17-2013 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Nonsensical (Post 3866556)
And WTH is with all the amateur action on Facebook today?

More posts on Facebook today about drinking than I have seen in a long time. Everyone wants me to know they are going to be drinking Guinness and Jameson.

Rank amateurs! I'll be spending my St Patty's Day with the professional party peeps here at SR!

Avoid the plastic paddies like the plague:)

Having a **** day as my team lost a big game today so I'm grumpy as anything. I'm going to put all my energy in to cooking a physically-challenging-the-next-morning curry event and looking forward to watching the tears streaming down the faces of the people who are coming round to eat tonight:)

Weasel1966 03-17-2013 12:43 PM

Escapist... Hang a right at Albuquerque and you are here!

Nonsensical 03-17-2013 01:25 PM

That stew looks like the Yum!

JimJim 03-17-2013 01:42 PM

Stay sober this weekend. Mission accomplished. :)

Squizz 03-17-2013 02:46 PM

Well this has been an interesting weekend. Day 113 here. I went to a bar last night to watch UFC. Prior to going, I went to AA, Church, and NA. So I was prepared. If I was going to drink, I was going to drink no matter where I was.

And today, I'm at the Starbucks downtown, just watching all the drunken fools. I just saw some Oriental kid puke what I assume was green beer all over himself. And this is people's idea of fun, right?

What's that old AA expression? "But for the Grace of God, there go I."

Yep, I'm off to a meeting in a few. I'm not going back to that nonsense and immaturity.

Fandy 03-17-2013 03:24 PM

it's been a productive day! my very kind contractor (who is also a personal friend) came over and dx'd my wonky flushing mechanism of my master bath toilet....he installed it in 2008 and all i can say is they don't make 'em like they used to...boo-hiss Kohler power flush. He went to Homey-Dough..bought the replacement part and wouldn't take any $$ from me. I think i will get him a dunkin donuts gift card? he loves his coffee....and has had a very tough 2 years...

His daughter's husband is in jail for molesting her daughter from her first marriage (my friend's granddaughter)...for 6 years...from age 6-12...oy! now this little girl's brother is seriously disturbed too, he was discovered cutting himself and talking worse...he might have also been molested and isn't talking.......like they say,
some are sicker than others.

I was motivated to scrub the bathroom while waiting for him to come back...I got out the SHARK steamer and finally got all the soap scum off the glass doors to the shower, it looks beeyootiful, i polished the granite, cleaned it from top to bottom, washed the floor, the sink, glass shelf, steam-cleaned the showerhead and toilet too. now I just need to shake the rugs. washed 2 loads of clothes and vacuumed the bedrooms too....it is the house of hair with the pets.

shepard's pie or a thick corned beef reuben sandwich????

coffeetogo 03-17-2013 03:37 PM

It's nearly 11pm here in Ireland and I am heading to bed sober. Went a wedding yesterday and only had NA drinks. It's been a good weekend.

It is bank holidays tomorrow so great to be fresh for doing something nice.