SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   what's your plans on new years eve? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/278768-whats-your-plans-new-years-eve.html)

ACT10Npack 12-26-2012 11:06 PM

what's your plans on new years eve?

Surprise no one will started this topic yet or at least I didn't see it. What are your plans for new years eve. I know a lot of people on this forum will have a hard time with this day then any other day just because a lt of people will get drunk on this night.

karilynn27 12-26-2012 11:11 PM

This will actually be my 2nd sober nye although I was in withdrawals last year.
The main thing I'll do is make sure I'm not around alcohol

Jeni26 12-26-2012 11:15 PM

I will spend it just me and my H, reviewing the extraordinary changes that we've gone through in the past year. Becoming sober together is the greatest gift we have ever given to ourselves.
We will perhaps go out for dinner or to the cinema.
We will be 'on call' as drivers for our teenage children who will no doubt be partying.
We will be quiet and reflective....and sober x

Sazzle 12-26-2012 11:17 PM

I am either staying in on my own or seeing 2013 with just my parents if they don't have plans. I think we all want a quiet one this year for various reasons.

I quite like my own company and I'll watch the fireworks on TV as midnight hits each major city.

S x

Dee74 12-26-2012 11:36 PM

I started this thread - it might be useful, act10N?

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...trategies.html

I have to admit I haven't thought about NYE at all - it's just not a big deal for me anymore.

I won't be going out or doing anything different :)

D

Natom 12-27-2012 12:03 AM

In the corner, moaning, but happy and sober.

Natom.

NapsteR1 12-27-2012 01:14 AM

Not a major NYE fan, babysitters cost a ton. Went out on Saturday night and met some new peeps via some friends, got invited to a NYE party, he's got kids the same age as ours so they're good to stay and would have a good time. We also got the offer of a room for the night if I "felt like a night off the wagon".

Hmm, gonna have to prep for this one, if its still on, it was conceived by pissed people in a pub so the logistics weren't exactly thought through, I'm hoping that it doesn't go ahead tbh.

Natom 12-27-2012 01:22 AM

Originally Posted by NapsteR1 (Post 3736738)
It was conceived by pissed people in a pub so the logistics weren't exactly thought through, I'm hoping that it doesn't go ahead tbh.

Ha, all the sketchy plans are.

Natom.

DogMum 12-27-2012 01:36 AM

I KNEW there was an advantage to being a friendless single woman! Early night with a book and dogs for me. Actually pretty much like every other night!!!

mytime66 12-27-2012 01:47 AM

Not really sure how the NYE will go. Wife is still not particularly fond of my decision to eliminate some people from my friendship circle. So she will probably go her way an I'll go mine. Either way this will be my first sober one that I will be having. Christmas was awesome sober as the kids and I had some great exchanges. We will see what comes. Can control the outcome either way so "God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can the wisdom to know the difference ".

justanother1 12-27-2012 01:50 AM

I am just 18 days sober, so i am going to stay home, just to be sure. I am pretty sure, that my friends are going to get wasted and I wouldn't enjoy it very much.

dedubya 12-27-2012 02:15 AM

I dont do new years eve either. even when i was drinking i didnt. My plans are
pray
love, and pass on love
find peace in my mind
eat black eye peas (always did- good luck supposedly). and I like them
dub

Quinne 12-27-2012 02:33 AM

My housemates are also in recovery. We're going to head to the beach with an acoustic guitar, sparklers and bucketloads of softdrink in tow. Midnight picnic! :)

dedubya 12-27-2012 02:38 AM

Very nice Quinne. Good fun mate.
dub

ReadyAtLast 12-27-2012 03:23 AM

I've never been a NYE fan either. Never seen the point of paying extortionate amount of money to get into the pub then struggle to get a seat and queue to get to the bar.....

Staying at home,sober,early night.If I did go out I couldn't be around everyone getting drunk so early on in recovery-please be careful folks

least 12-27-2012 03:24 AM

I never go out on NYE, too many drunks on the road.

MidnightBlue 12-27-2012 03:28 AM

It's quite weird - when I just started my sobriety journey here on SR 74 days ago I couldn't even imagine New Year without Champaigne. New Year is just not New Year if there is no this sparkling drink. It used to be a special ritual for me - to buy some expensive Champaigne two-three weeks before the New Year Eve, then look forward to enjoying it to the chime of bells and watching snow falling. It was absolutely essential element of New Year magic.

It actually bothered me most in my sobriety. So, I just took one day at a time. Now I changed my entire attitude to the New Year Eve. It doesn't bother me that I'm not going to have Champaigne this time.

So, I'll be at home, on my own, indulging myself in ice-cream (at last!), posting here, going to bed quite early. And then on the first day of the New Year I will hopefully wake feeling great, enjoying white silence while everyone is resting after the celebration. And then coffee and more ice-cream)))

My best wishes to all.

Have a great day!

Fandy 12-27-2012 03:54 AM

I'm not a big out on the town person anymore for new years eve either. I usually go to a friends house across the street, i can toast with my seltzer...sometimes we have pizza sometimes we make nachoes.
New Years day i go to work, my students comeback from vacation, and the 2nd is a very hectic work day.

jennikate 12-27-2012 05:55 AM

Going to an AA sponsored NYE dance. There'll be dinner, a meeting, and then dancing with a dj. Actually, my sponsor and I are in charge of coffee so it'll be a night of service also.

mittens2020 12-27-2012 06:09 AM

I'm actually not worried about NYE. I never really celebrated it when drinking - amatuer hour - too many drunk drivers. BF and I will do what we have done the last two NYEs - go to sleep by 9 and set alarm to wake up at midnight I quick smooch and back to sleep.

The only difference - this year the hours between work and 9:00 p.m. won't be filled with vodka for me. And I will skip the midnight toast. BF actually has mentioned buying sparkling cider in case we feel the urge for a toast. He has been a rock lately!