SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   In the hospital (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/267248-hospital.html)

Mango212 08-12-2019 05:30 PM

4 huge recovery success stories I've heard now in the past 24 hours. :You_Rock_

Congratulations, Meg!!! Whoop, whoop!

One day at a time. Hope is around every corner.

thomas11 08-12-2019 06:02 PM

flippin' fantastic update. Very inspirational.

"not terminally unique" . Very important point in my opinion.

Zevin 08-12-2019 06:24 PM

So encouraging to read this. It truly made me smile. Congratulations !!

48heath 08-12-2019 06:24 PM

Thanks for the update,I noticed I replied to you in 2012!,I was Heath 480 then,don’t know what happened,but I have a different account now.

Wonderful that you are in the fellowship,same here.

Wishing you well.

Numblady 08-12-2019 07:12 PM

So uplifting, thank you for coming back!

Dee74 08-12-2019 07:26 PM

I'm really glad to read this update Bender - congrats on 7 years :)

D

Mango212 08-13-2019 03:43 PM

Hi Meg,

In mentioning your home group, was AA a part of your early sobriety?

brighterday1234 08-14-2019 01:41 AM

Wonderful; thanks for the update and congratulations on your sober time 🙏

eve123 08-14-2019 07:16 AM

What a wonderful yodate and huge congrats on your 7 years. Gives me hope

Fearlessat50 08-14-2019 10:28 AM

Bender2! How awesome! I was especially inspired by your post this morning. Thank you for sharing your incredible journey!

Midwest1981 08-14-2019 10:46 AM

Congrats Bender!! I hope you stick around! Amazing story. You were so brave.

StrengthNme 08-14-2019 11:54 AM

I was just in inpatient detox for a week and got out laast Thursday. I would HIGHLY recommend it! The therapy and knowledge you receive as well as the follow-up care has made all of the difference for me. I have been in the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) since last Friday and will most likely remain there for 3 more weeks. After that, I will transition to their Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) where I will stay for at least 2 weeks. I can't say enough good things about inpatient detox. One thing I learned is I can't quit alone and my time as inpatient in addition to PHP now have given me a solif foundation to start on. Wishing you the best of luck. Hang in there!

Edit: Just realized this was an old post. Oops! I am so happy you have been sober since that day. That is such an inspiration to me. Did you end up going inpatient? What worked the best for you? I am currently on Day 12 sober.

bender2 08-21-2019 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mango212 (Post 7246728)
Hi Meg,

In mentioning your home group, was AA a part of your early sobriety?

Hey! AA was part of my early sobriety. I went to AA here and there for a couple of months before I went to detox & rehab, but I was not thrilled about going to meetings at first. I sat in the back, didn't speak, and wondered why I didn't have any friends and why I was still miserable. Eventually, after being dumped by a sponsor for not doing the work, I threw myself into AA (and did the steps thoroughly) and I haven't looked back. Now I LOVE meetings. I know AA isn't the only way to get sober, but it's the only way that's worked for me. I matured in AA. It truly has been my blueprint for life and I can't say enough good things about it.

BeABetterMan 08-21-2019 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by bender2 (Post 7252145)
Hey! AA was part of my early sobriety. I went to AA here and there for a couple of months before I went to detox & rehab, but I was not thrilled about going to meetings at first. I sat in the back, didn't speak, and wondered why I didn't have any friends and why I was still miserable. Eventually, after being dumped by a sponsor for not doing the work, I threw myself into AA (and did the steps thoroughly) and I haven't looked back. Now I LOVE meetings. I know AA isn't the only way to get sober, but it's the only way that's worked for me. I matured in AA. It truly has been my blueprint for life and I can't say enough good things about it.

Yep, I LOVE meetings. And I love AA. I love the people I meet there, I love the blueprint for life. It wasn’t always that way, but it’s the only place I fee truly safe and that is a big deal for me in my early sobriety.

bender2 08-21-2019 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by StrengthNme (Post 7247244)
I was just in inpatient detox for a week and got out laast Thursday. I would HIGHLY recommend it! The therapy and knowledge you receive as well as the follow-up care has made all of the difference for me. I have been in the Partial Hospitalization Program (PHP) since last Friday and will most likely remain there for 3 more weeks. After that, I will transition to their Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) where I will stay for at least 2 weeks. I can't say enough good things about inpatient detox. One thing I learned is I can't quit alone and my time as inpatient in addition to PHP now have given me a solif foundation to start on. Wishing you the best of luck. Hang in there!

Edit: Just realized this was an old post. Oops! I am so happy you have been sober since that day. That is such an inspiration to me. Did you end up going inpatient? What worked the best for you? I am currently on Day 12 sober.

Congrats on day 12.. actually day 19 now (sorry for the delay!!) That's amazing. I did end up going to inpatient rehab for 28 days after a detox. It was not at all a luxurious rehab. It was a state run facility, and I got to see where my life would end up if I kept doing what I was doing. In addition to inpatient treatment, AA has saved my life. I highly highly recommend jumping right in, getting a sponsor and starting the steps. It's like a trust fall, and I've seen it work miracles time and time again. I don't have any regrets - our paths are our paths, but if I could go back to early sobriety, I would have completely immersed myself into AA from the start. I would have shared more and let people in. I highly suggest that. Then after one year, two years, people will talk about how much you've changed. They will see the change before you will. Stick with the winners, not the gossipers! Message me if you ever want to chat. Congrats again :)

icandothis20 08-22-2019 03:00 PM

This update made me so happy and so emotional at the same time!! Thanks for making my day :You_Rock_

MJ1987 08-22-2019 08:28 PM

Inpatient detox will make things a HELL of alot easier and more comfortable with the medication they give u. Just bring a couple books u want to read and comfty clothes and take care of urself like u would any other sick person!! U can do this!

NicLin 08-22-2019 11:00 PM

Meg,

Sounds like you have had enough and are ready for the change. You deserve it. Do not worry about anything other than getting and staying sober right now, everything else will fall into place afterwards.

Rooting for yoU!

Dropsie 08-23-2019 03:24 AM

Bender,

Thanks for taking the time to post this , you will help a lot of people.

I have never been to AA, but have been sober for years based on a plan that centers around faith that if we do the next right thing, it will all be OK, and as Dee says, if its not OK, its not the end. And doing the inner work.

I love Hip Sobriety (now Tempest).

Thank you!