SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   In the hospital (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/267248-hospital.html)

FenwayFaithful 09-04-2012 11:58 PM

Talk tell your story. Explain that you need to be here. Explain why. Tell them about your drinking habits. Tell them about what it's caused you. Just be honest...I don't see how they can't admit you just because there isn't any in your blood right now

jstar 09-05-2012 01:47 AM

Meg...hang in there! I hope something works out for you! I'm a week back home from rehab & it was the best thing I ever did. my first week in rehab I was extremely upset with myself that I hadn't made more of a "fuss" I think is how you called it, by not drinking even more than I had the day I checked into impatient. I was drunk but was wishing I had drank more.....the good thing that came of that is that I got to go straight to impatient and skip detox at a hospital. I was grateful for that.
if you are having serious withdrawals, safe bet is getting checked out & begging them to put you into detox....the withdrawals can be life threatening even days after the last drink.
I wish you all the best Meg. praying for you!

john44 09-05-2012 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by bender2 (Post 3563559)
So I'm at the ER and signed in and waiting to go to triage. That's where i tell them everything right? Should I be making more of a fuss to be seen quickly?

My last detox, I made a fuss in triage. I didn't really need to though, it was pretty obvious that I was in dire shape. They labeled me as urgent and I was moved back to the ER quickly. Don't hold anything back.

john44 09-05-2012 01:55 AM

Originally Posted by bender2 (Post 3563813)
They are saying if I don't have alcohol in my blood Im not a candidate. I waited so long in the waiting room I probably don't have any in my blood! I don't want to be discharged what do I do?

That's NOT true! Tell them you want to go to a different hospital. My last detox, my BAC was zero. That really has nothing to do with needing medical detox.

Grace2 09-05-2012 02:05 AM

Oh Meg, my heart goes out to you. Big hugs from me.

Things happen for a reason and now you need to take all the help offered to you. Inpatient detox can only be beneficial for you, do it. You'll get good care, rest, treatment, councelling, the lot. This could be the turning point for you, the chance to start again.

I don't know how things work with jobs where you are, but hopefully seeing as it is a medical condition, they may be able to to offer some kind of support plan, I know they do here, fingers crossed,

I know your dad will be upset, he's bound to be, but honestly a parents love is unconditional and once he gets his head round it, he will be there for you. All this will have been a shock to him, give him time and show him that you can and will beat this.

We are all here for you, our SR family, keep posting, be brave and let us know how it's going.

All my love

Gxx

flutter 09-05-2012 05:27 AM

Check in when you can, I hope you were admitted. If you weren't I at least hope they sent you home with a safe plan for home detox. We're here for you. Forget the job worry, family worry..none of that matters ahead of your health.

Dee74 09-05-2012 03:14 PM

let us know how things turned out Meg :)

D

LSC1 09-05-2012 03:47 PM

Hi Meg
So glad you are safe. I was worried about you at being at work when we were on chat. Stay safe . Keep in touch.
Jodie

Lenina 09-05-2012 04:10 PM

Meg, were you able to get some help? Did they find a bed for you? Pleae let us know what's going on. you're in my thoughts!

Love from Lenina

Sapling 09-09-2012 09:15 AM

When I got into rehab I had to detox for 5 days....I wasn't able to make any outside contact....I imagine that's what's going on...Sending you prayers Meg...And look forward to hearing from you!!

Dejvice 09-09-2012 12:32 PM

Hi Meg. I really hope you get the help you need. Your experience and what you are going through are a remínder to newbies like myself not to ever drink again cos it just gets worse and worse.

artsoul 09-09-2012 12:51 PM

Meg -
I hope you found help somewhere - we're all worried about you.

If you're still wondering where to get some help, please check out these low-cost rehabs in New York and just start making some phone calls:
New York Drug & Alcohol Rehabs (Low Cost)

We're here if you need us.....:hug:

Nuway2fly 09-09-2012 03:27 PM

Thinking of you, too, Meg. I hope and pray you are getting help and doing well.

Prodigy 09-11-2012 12:05 AM

Hey everyone talked to her in chat tonight, she is fine and going to rehab tomorrow. Best of luck!!!!!!!

ttbp 09-11-2012 12:09 AM

Best of luck Meg xxx