SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What phony line did your Addiction try to feed you today? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/260426-what-phony-line-did-your-addiction-try-feed-you-today.html)

jstar 06-27-2012 11:26 PM

If the lights are still on at the liquor store, turn left...if the lights are off, stay straight & go home....

12skiptomylue 06-28-2012 11:05 AM

No one will know, and you can sober up before you go to the AA meeting.

You've blown this whole thing way out of proportion and convinced yourself and others that you are an alcoholic. Really, you just totally overreacted and are too dramatic. Just get over yourself and have a drink.

EternalQ 06-28-2012 11:32 PM

"You hang out on SR too much. You're so boring now. That's not.the real you. C'mon, Go out. You can have a drink at a bar and socialize with real live people to talk to..."

My response, "How dare you! Have you no shame?"

MalkavianEmily 07-02-2012 05:47 AM

I had to get some milk today. I'd already had the 'Awww, c'mon... you know you want to..' when I passed the off licence. I'd have had to go right out of my way to avoid it, but that was ok.
Anyway, I was on my way to the shop where I get milk - it's half the price of anywhere else, and it soon adds up. Unfortunately it's also the place where they have the £10 bottles of vodka by the checkout. You know what Catherine (the AV) said. "You could get a bottle or two for emergencies."
What kind of emergency am I going to have that is going to be helped by having vodka to hand?

Weasel1966 07-02-2012 05:50 AM

My addition told me no phony lines today.... He told me it was real... All to real...

Still I said no.

EternalQ 07-03-2012 05:07 PM

Tonight my addiction is saying : "Just think how much more fun itd be tomorrow if you drank!! You'd have more fun, and you'd be more fun for others. Everyone is going to feel uncomfortable having the non drinker around. What a joykill that is. People will stop inviting you to things..."

Bogus, bogus, bogus. Low blows too, addiction. Now you are just being plain ole mean.

MyTimeNow 07-04-2012 04:37 AM

You're just back from the supermarket with a healthy weekly shop and zero alcohol. You should reward yourself by popping back out to the local shop and getting some wine.

Oh please.

EternalQ 07-04-2012 08:45 PM

"Remember me? We used to have such a fun times together, didn't we?"

No, you were a toxic relationship, and we are over. I'm done speaking to you.

Hunter101 07-05-2012 12:06 PM

Right now mine is saying, just one before you get home!! And I'm trying to fight it off, but having a hard time!!!

MalkavianEmily 07-05-2012 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Hunter101 (Post 3475330)
Right now mine is saying, just one before you get home!! And I'm trying to fight it off, but having a hard time!!!

Stay strong Hunter. Remember it wil say anything to get you to drink.

fortissima 07-05-2012 02:57 PM

12 days in and this is what i keep hearing...

Originally Posted by GirlFromCO (Post 3457009)
"Maybe in a couple of years." Yeah, right.

Stupid BRAIN!

regeneration 07-05-2012 03:26 PM

"You know you can just have one or two. You never drunk like all those real alcoholics who can't stop at a couple. What's the harm, you can just have a few a couple of times a week at the most".

My reply... I'm even switching from one or two to "a few" in a couple of sentences. And more than a drink really does not agree with me. If I do what my addictive voice wants I'll be back on here in a month talking about how lousy I've just felt. Back to thinking about my euphoric recall... as last time I relapsed I couldn't remember getting home.

I love this thread, thanks.

EternalQ 07-05-2012 06:49 PM

Today and tonight: "You go on that cruise in August with five other people and you are the only one not drinking. Why even go? What's the point? You will be miserable and lonely the whole time while everyone else is having a blast!"

Wow. So much wrong in that one. So many fallacies, where to start? I mean why live at all if I will just make everyone including myself miserable? LOL Why not give my cruise ticket to an alcoholic who is still drinking because they deserve it more. LOLOL!!

12skiptomylue 07-05-2012 10:10 PM

"You didn't really TRY to control it before. You totally can control it now".

My response: "normal" drinkers do not have to try to control their drinking.

Jeni26 07-05-2012 10:37 PM

You had a really tough week at work and managed it all well. It's Friday, you really deserve that bottle of wine......

NO CHANCE!!!!!

EternalQ 07-06-2012 07:00 PM

(Thanks, IFH. )

Today my addiction said: "If you tell this man you know, that you don't drink, he will lose interest in you."

Well my addiction doesn't know much. Because I got brave and told him I don't drink, and he did NOT lose interest. My addiction is just jealous. If my addiction can't have me then it doesnT want anyone to get close to me... Goodbye, addiction. No one wants you here.

jennikate 07-06-2012 07:10 PM

After my husband and daughter left me alone so that they could go to the movies..."if I had alcohol hidden here, I'd drink it". Next thought..."why don't I have any alcohol hidden here?". Ummmm.....I'm an alcoholic. Plus I could never hide alcohol any more. Too much self-control to wait and hide it. I would need to drink it all immediately. After 30 seconds of contemplation, I discarded the thought and kinda laughed at myself.

shapeup 07-06-2012 07:21 PM

I'm on day 7 and read another's poster of celebrating 30 days, and I was so happy and started thinking about me making it 30 days and then, I started having major anxiety to think that I could be sober 30 days. I guess because it's been awhile since I've been sober 30 days:( just warped thinking.