SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What phony line did your Addiction try to feed you today? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/260426-what-phony-line-did-your-addiction-try-feed-you-today.html)

MyTimeNow 06-26-2012 05:33 AM

That watching Wimbledon will be far better with a bottle of wine.

What? Since when have tennis and wine been on the agenda? Now I know you are scraping the barrel AV!

Cinderblock18 06-26-2012 06:19 AM

"You're at the beginning stages of alcoholism. You haven't hit hard times yet. You still have a few good drinking years in you before you need to really do something about it"

Awesome thread.

duane1 06-26-2012 08:37 AM

Mine keeps telling me that my liver has had a good long rest and should be fine now. That it was just an inflammation and there is nothing to worry about.

GiGi13 06-26-2012 08:41 AM

Today my addiction said to me... "Hey..havent seen you in 8 whole days...yeah yeah you feel great..see..you can come visit me again!!! and you will be just fine".... my reply... Go EFF YOURSELF!!!!

mirage 06-26-2012 08:51 AM

When mine shows itself it's usually along the lines of "You can't possibly do this FOREVER. Something will trip you up eventually. Wouldn't it be nice to catch a buzz now?"

sober4myboys 06-26-2012 09:13 AM

The only thing that has been going on with me are the drinking dreams. When I wake up the voice says, "see, it's only a matter of time". I say, UM, no. I will never drink again and never change my mind. I do NOT drink!

flutter 06-26-2012 09:18 AM

Nothing, I no longer listen.

hotflash 06-26-2012 10:04 AM

If I drink today, I'll feel like cleaning the house. I'll have more energy and it will be more fun. Ha.

hotflash 06-26-2012 10:31 AM

You need to get out of the house. Just one quick double. No big deal.

EternalQ 06-26-2012 06:22 PM

Now you will never be able to enjoy a nice glass of wine matched with a gourmet dinner...

(Oh yeah, like I did THAT all the time... )

12skiptomylue 06-26-2012 09:13 PM

"You want to go to Europe some day, and you can't NOT drink wine in Europe. So you can't be an alcoholic because you need to drink wine in Europe when you go (someday)".

Honest to God this went thru my head today!

MyTimeNow 06-27-2012 01:35 AM

It's day 5 congratulations, celebrate with a drink.

Bog off.

LoremIpsum 06-27-2012 06:05 AM

"OMG, we forgot to try the Sinclair Method before we started AA! And we can still drink on the Sinclair Method!"

Fandy 06-27-2012 06:08 AM

you need to relax, just a small bottle of wine will do the trick. you won't notice it at all, then tomorrow back to sobriety....sheesh, we've been here together, always, i'm your best friend.

duane1 06-27-2012 07:09 AM

I have been pretty free of "The voice" the last week or so. Last night however, I saw the couple empties in my garbage my friend had drank when he came over to pick up something yesterday. I just locked into the cans for a second as if staring at an old romantic flame. Hearing "Till We Meet Again" in the background would have seemed fitting. Really bizarre. Anyway, threw something on top of them and went about my evening.

Steve07 06-27-2012 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Fernaceman (Post 3456899)
My addiction tells me daily that I wasn't as out of control as I really was and if I just find that mythical way to "moderate" I will finally figure it out.

Even typing that reminds me how cunning and evil my addiction is. It fights very diirty and will use any means necessary to try to win. Cunning and baffling indeed.

Wow, reading your post above I thought you were in my head, I hear this line from myself all the time.

EternalQ 06-27-2012 03:58 PM

While readying to leave work: "You've been working extra hard; you deserve a drink when you get home... Just a little one, just one. You won't drink anymore.."

Yeah, right. I'm off the next four days... I would NOT stop at one. Duh. I wasn't born yesterday.

solodolo 06-27-2012 11:16 PM

"Maybe they're right, it has been over a year, its just a little weed with some friends."

Keva 06-27-2012 11:22 PM

"You know, you just went to AA, but you could stop at the store on the way home. No one would know since you live in a different town and only the kids are home."

My response to myself? I didn't have one. I physically shook my head "no" and thanked my HP for getting me through the day. On the way home, I finally told myself that just because I could get away with it, I wouldn't really get away with it. I would wake up tomorrow controlled all over again. It was a long conversation with myself, but I pulled into my driveway instead of the store.