SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of May 2012 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/255592-class-may-2012-a.html)

laurad8911 05-02-2012 10:33 PM

day 22 completed for me! gotta remember why im doing this, as i tend to forget the significance and importance of being sober to me at around the 1 month mark!

Dee74 05-02-2012 10:58 PM

happy birthday for tomorrow Ryan :)
hang in there laura - if you can do 22 days you can do 23....then 203 ;)

D

stevie88 05-02-2012 11:13 PM

Day 3 just starting here,finish my pint of tea then out with the dog,running late this morning,be back later.....

JohnnyDetox 05-03-2012 04:27 AM

Greetings from the Feb class. It DOES get easier, maybe not a first, or all at once, but it will. All the best, Johnny

Dee74 05-03-2012 04:32 AM

have a good day everyone :)

D

RevivingOphelia 05-03-2012 04:49 AM

Day 6 for me...leaving today for a weekend conference. Cancelled a dinner with colleagues b/c I *know* I won't be able to suffer (funny word choice) through it w/o wine.

Also, had told my sister I was going to this conference weeks ago (near where she lives), but I haven't updated her. I am thinking of lying and saying I didn't get to attend. I know we would drink together--it's what we do.

What do you all think?

Cheers to the lovely May group! :)

Dee74 05-03-2012 04:56 AM

I think, if you feel like a situation will be unsafe its best to avoid those situations for now Ophelia.

If you usually drink with your sister, it's probably a good idea to be really busy at your conference this weekend :)

D

Chuck48 05-03-2012 05:08 AM

After a recent one-day relapse, I'm back to Day 2 today. It will be a stressful day at work, so my boyfriend is planning to make me dinner--no alcohol included, of course!--and I'll check back in with all of you tonight.

RevivingOphelia, does your sister know that you no longer drink alcohol? Could you meet her somewhere that doesn't offer it?

I hope all of you have a very comfortable and productive day!

raekay 05-03-2012 07:22 AM

Survived day 2 with closing at night, now on to day 3, feel good this morning!! Now off to work i go, love reading all ur posts. Have a wonderful day.

BoozeFree 05-03-2012 07:31 AM

Kicking myself today. Had family over and they all started drinking and there I was joining in. I need to get honest and tell my fam what's going on with me trying to get sober but I'm pretty scared to tell them. I won't give up tho. Day 1 again

stevie88 05-03-2012 09:01 AM

All good on Day 3 so far today...As usual i have been eating like a beast....Its 17.00pm here and i have just got back from taking my dog for a walk,it has been raining all day so i got soaked....Looking forward to my dinner which is going to be some form of chicken leftovers but i have a feeling i will just chop it all up,cover it with tabasco sauce and just chomp it down as i'm feeling lazy....I hope everyone is ok and i'll check back later....

Serphyas 05-03-2012 11:24 AM

day 9 still feeling good. Although it's like everything I have been ignoring the last few years is coming back to freak me out. Money is tight. I have a lot of debt and a dead end job. It makes me sort of paralyzed with fear. However I recognize it now where as before i just would have drank and ignored it. It seems like too much sometimes but at least I'm doing something about it. Even if it is just making a list haha. Anyway hope everyone's day is going well. Be back after work

Dee74 05-03-2012 02:07 PM

welcome back Chuck :)

yeah BF - I really had to commit to not drinking...and I needed to nail my colours to the mast and let certain people know..

I had to make changes in my life because the way it was booze was everywhere and always available for me.

D

thesun 05-03-2012 02:29 PM

Day 11 here, just getting ready for my second weekend, these are the days when i used to binge, feeling positive this will not happen though.

raekay 05-03-2012 06:40 PM

So easy to fall off the wagon, but I am not going to let myself, I am just trying to tell myself that it is the devil telling me that I need to drink. Drinking is just a big huge waste of time. Keep telling yourself that.........keep telling urself that............keep telling urself that........feeling strong..time to pick up my son from tutoring and then dinner then walk the dog.........no time to drink..have a sober evening everyone.

Dee74 05-03-2012 07:30 PM

there'll be ppl and support around on the weekend guys - I know the first few weekends can be hard but I know you guys can do this :)

D

Chuck48 05-03-2012 07:33 PM

Oops, a duplicate

Chuck48 05-03-2012 07:34 PM

Too many posts!

Chuck48 05-03-2012 07:35 PM

How did everyone feel today? Seeing all these posters with double-digit sobriety days is encouraging!

I was certain that I'd feel the strong desire to pick up liquor on my way home tonight, but I didn't even think about it. Not all days have been or will be like this, so I'm feeling very, very thankful tonight. On days like this, I wonder why I ever drank (or returned to drinking).

Best of luck to all of us in having another sober day tomorrow!

Dee74 05-03-2012 07:44 PM

way to go Chuck:c014:
on your progress, not the postage :D

D