SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   no chat for me and i need help (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/255431-no-chat-me-i-need-help.html)

john44 04-29-2012 12:06 AM

no chat for me and i need help

Posting from a nook and palm phone...no java.

Posted earlier about relapsing. Starting to feel horrible. I get really needy when i quit drinking and now is no different. I hate this. Im normally a strong, capable man. Someone, please help.

Dee74 04-29-2012 12:38 AM

It's the quiet time of the day but there's always people around John...:)

You can get through the tough times - I think we're a lot stronger than we feel we might be :)

I guarantee you won't regret not drinking either :)

D

Jeni26 04-29-2012 12:42 AM

Hang in there John.

So many of us know only too well what you are going through. It makes you feel very vulnerable doesn't it, especially when you are a strong capable person?

We have all got an inner strength, you will get through this and this is the hardest part remember.

Keep posting. We are all behind you xx

Seared 04-29-2012 12:43 AM

I k lw the feeling of 'needing' a drink, or a similar gratification, even though I'm not an otherwise whimsical person. I guess you just have to find something to fill the void... be it junk food, exercise, someone to talk to.

Or maybe that needy feeling is just a generic feeling of helplessness because you really want a drink but know you can't have one. Try taking a step back from whatever you're doing and say "it's not really a feeling of being needy, it's just my head tricking me into wanting another drink". Maybe that will help you realize you'll be ok after all, and it's just a passing feeling.

Seasidegirllau 04-29-2012 12:44 AM

John-its not that your not a strong capable man, if you usually are-then you are! Its alcohol thats the a**, testing you every which way it can....i was like you this time last week, this exact time, i woke up and wanted sobriety so bad i was prepared to do anything..sober for a week...and feeling better than i have in years..sending you positive thoughts from the U.K. xx

hypochondriac 04-29-2012 01:00 AM

SR is a good place to be needy John :) Welcome x

I think most people on here would consider themselves strong and capable but all of us have had our butts kicked by alcohol at some point.

You mentioned AA in another post...could you go to a meeting today? x

john44 04-29-2012 01:16 AM

Thank you, all. Im looking for meetings now. Feel horrible. Want to cry my eyes out.

john44 04-29-2012 01:20 AM

Contemplating whether or not to go to the hospital. Ive detoxed like that before...IVs, vitamins, atavan and serax, but ive only been drinking again for 3 days. I guess i should be ok.

Sometimes i think my fear of going thru withdrawal is worse than the actual withdrawal. Thats the main reason i drink now. I really get mothing else out of it.

hypochondriac 04-29-2012 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by john44 (Post 3381175)
Sometimes i think my fear of going thru withdrawal is worse than the actual withdrawal.

This is probably true but do you know which is which? If you are worried I would go to the hospital x

BillyPilgrim 04-29-2012 02:51 AM

Keep in there john. Technology is amazing you can talk to people all around the world who want to see you sober. My best wishes

john44 04-29-2012 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by BillyPilgrim (Post 3381221)
Keep in there john. Technology is amazing you can talk to people all around the world who want to see you sober. My best wishes

It is amazing and i am grateful. Could really use a hug though.

Spinach 04-29-2012 03:01 AM

It's just miserable and every emotion can be heightened.
But keep on ,see a Dr to help put things in perspective for you,or help if needed.
You know you need to stop and you have to now that soon life will be so much better without the drink not just less bad things about the drink , money health black outs relationship rows work etc but good sober you get yourself back but t needs you to go through the pain and confusion but it is so so worth it.
I couldn't have done it without this place but I have and my focus has changed at once that happens I guess you just have to never be complacent and avoid the drink.
It's well within your grasp that's why your here.
John.

hypochondriac 04-29-2012 03:11 AM

Originally Posted by john44 (Post 3381223)
It is amazing and i am grateful. Could really use a hug though.

*HUGS*

:ghug3 x

least 04-29-2012 04:34 AM

:ghug3 Here's another for you.:)

CaiHong 04-29-2012 04:48 AM

Hi John,

Remember the pain you are going through when you feel like another drink. It is the alcohol that is making you "weak".
I think when people are vulnerable they are at their most lovable, the pain is exposed and
They are not hiding behind a lot of BS.

I am not a huggy person but I would love to offer you a firm handshake.

We are all in this together.

Love
CaiHong

ulverston 04-29-2012 05:23 AM

im going thru the same thing as you my friend ..it is disgutingly horrible.
add to that i lost my gf of 14 yrs
i want to break down and cry also.
but i did this to myself and i hate myself for it

Opivotal 04-29-2012 07:20 AM

Perhaps a change in attitude may help you John. Try thinking of this as a gift to yourself. :) A start to a new and meaningful life. Feeling pride and accomplishment is a great motivator! You can do this...think of the rewards.

Best Wishes To You!

Bruno1979 04-29-2012 09:39 AM

Ulverston,

Has your gf passed away or have you split up?

Bruno.

citylights 04-29-2012 09:54 AM

John, do you want to pm or chat?

ulverston 04-29-2012 11:54 AM

hi bruno.
we split but i think i could accept it more if she had died..
this is so painful for me it has has almost broken me one more hit and i will be completley done