SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   so glad to have found this site (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/207188-so-glad-have-found-site.html)

Phillips 08-17-2010 01:13 PM

Well, here's day two done, so it's off to bed now.

See? It's not so hard, is it? lol! I wish... I'm obsessing about it all the time! The worry, I mean. Sleep will be very welcome tonight, and I do feel a little better without the drink inside me.

I might have had too many biscuits, however!

Cheers dude, will check in again soon.

Sasha4 08-17-2010 01:22 PM

Do you mean fizzy ginger ale and fresh orange together? Or ginger ale and fizzy orange together?
Just wondering? Is it nice?

xx

davewilson33 08-18-2010 01:12 AM

its fizzy ginger ale and fresh orange with ice its lovely, very refreshing

Beard82 08-18-2010 01:31 AM

Great work Dave!
My doc laughed at me 12 months ago and sent me on my way. I drank even more heavily for the next year before seeing him again last week and finally getting help. My advice is don't wait, find another doctor and get help soon.
Good luck with day 3 :c011:

Suzie12 08-18-2010 01:50 AM

Hey Dave,

Welcome to SR its great to have you here. I am outraged that your Dr. LAUGHED when you went to for him for help, get rid of him immediately and get yourself a new one, most Docs are wonderful about alcoholism as it is a disease, with that sort of attitude I wouldnt want him to treat anyone of my family for sure.

You need to get your liver checked when you do find a new Doc, and plan a course of action to stay sober, maybe AA or some other organisation, just being able to talk it over with a Doctor would really help to get you back healthy again.

Grtz on being able to admit you have a problem that is an enormous first step to recovery.:c011:

BTW you son is sooo cute :)

Suzie x

davewilson33 08-18-2010 02:07 AM

thanks guys day 3s here still ache a bit but have no thoughts of drinking alcohol instead the milkshakes have taken over lol
ive told my partner that we have to change doctors and i think were going to do that as he has shown how incompetant he is more than once.
so heres to day 3 and plenty of milkshakes and ginger ales!!!

OneSmallFish 08-18-2010 02:18 AM

Dude. Spend as much time with your child as possible :) I know you want you, and he wants it too.
He will help you even if he dosen't know it.

Phillips 08-18-2010 04:30 AM

How's it going today, Dave?

davewilson33 08-18-2010 04:36 AM

ok mate kept myself busy mowing the garden and eating lol.
sitting here at the mo with my ginger ale and orange, how you doing?

Phillips 08-18-2010 01:21 PM

Yeah, we're good, and doing well. I go this far last week, so I really need to get beyond Thursday night/Friday to say that I'm track. Very much a n00bie!

Also, been to the gym tonight, which keeps me busy.

Check in Thursday, ok?

Sasha4 08-18-2010 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by davewilson33 (Post 2683100)
its fizzy ginger ale and fresh orange with ice its lovely, very refreshing

Gonna try this!

xx

davewilson33 08-19-2010 05:04 AM

day 4 feeling ok, had a few of them demon thoughts that maybe i can just have a few drinks at the weekend and thatll be fine but reality is that wont be the case.
shall stick to my ginger today thats for sure.
have noticed im not shouting at people and am pretty tollerant of things i havnt been in the past and thats only after 4 days lol

Phillips 08-19-2010 01:35 PM

Oh, I can shout pretty good when required!

You're right about the weekend - danger time for me too. It's Friday - I can RELAX!

Uh uh. Don't relax.

And hey, on Monday we're off to Spain! Now THAT is gonna be one tricky holiday to avoid having a drink...

On another note, I am on a statin, and have been reading some scary stuff about alcohol and this statin - enough to suggest that my liver pains were as a direct result of drinking lots with the statin...

Are you on any meds, Dave? Seems like I could, might, maybe do some liver damage drinking so much, IN ADDITION TO alcohol-induced damage, if you follow me. IE, drinking is bad enough, drinking with certain meds perhaps even worse!

CJ1 08-19-2010 01:54 PM

Congratulations on making it to day 4. I always found that to be a huge hurdle. It only gets better everyday now. Keep it up, and keep checking in.

Dee74 08-19-2010 01:56 PM

How are you doing Dave?
D

davewilson33 08-20-2010 03:26 AM

day 5 is here really bad back pains but apart from that nothing, drinking lots of water and spending must of the day in toilet lol.
phillips youll be ok in spain just fill yourself up with food lol

Beard82 08-20-2010 03:39 AM

:c011:
Keep on going!!!
:c011:

Sneezy 08-20-2010 03:46 AM

Dave, I'm guessing that's your little boy in your pic. He is adorable!!!

davewilson33 08-20-2010 06:20 AM

yeah, owen hes 5 now thats a year old that picture

davewilson33 08-20-2010 10:01 AM

so friday nights here in england and im sitting here 5 days sober which is something i really didnt think i could do but so glad i have and hopefully many more days are to come!!
This week has made me discover ginger ale and orange juice over ice (lovely), and now even my girlfriend is drinking all my ginger supplies lol.
I think next week if my aches and pains have gone i might start trying to lose some of this weight thats been caused by years of drinking and no exercise lol.

id like to say thanks to everyone who has helped me this week, cheers guys.