SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Were you a daily drinker or every other day? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/203148-were-you-daily-drinker-every-other-day.html)

justinJustQuit 07-22-2014 04:52 PM

Same here.

Kevin78 07-22-2014 05:43 PM

I have always been a binger, It has got worse as I got older. Even the days I didn't drink, I would be planning my next one.

21Hope 07-22-2014 05:45 PM

Everyday give or take a few. Bottle of white opened when I began dinner, guzzle a couple of beers incognito, finish the bottle off by 8. This was my last three years.

Tarak 07-22-2014 06:33 PM

Daily for me. In the last 6 months frequently all day and throughout the evening.

SoberHoopsFan 07-22-2014 06:40 PM

Pattern serious binger ranging from 3-5 days with random days thrown in for good measure. Past few years, I was probably averaging 60-80 drinks a week consistently although not drinking every day. I was drinking myself into an early grave, I know that much.

ForMyGirls 07-22-2014 08:36 PM

Daily... Towards the end, I was averaging probably 12-18 "units" a night during the week and much more on weekends when I could get started earlier...

Soberr 07-22-2014 08:39 PM

Every day, all day at a steady, slow pace... I would drink at work, at home, middle of the night, until 4am when i awoke at 630am even just before working on patients. I only averaged maybe 10 drinks per weekday and more on weekends (slightly) but I always kept my job due at times to denying that i was abusing narcotics to my boss... With my honest face they never drug tested me. Ended up in rehab when my husband found alcohol hidden. I was lucky and glad to be sober today!

Serenidad 07-22-2014 08:45 PM

Binge. 1 or 2 times per week in the evenings

Sent from my iPhone using SoberRecovery

Serenidad 07-22-2014 08:45 PM

P.S. Why does it matter?

Serenidad 07-22-2014 08:48 PM

If you're on this website...you've already decided u have a problem. "Normal drinkers" don't just decide to log on to SR...right? Just sayin...

Soberr 07-22-2014 08:49 PM

I have seen threads like this used by some to show they are "more of an alcoholic" than another. I think it's wrong to compare. Nobody here would have likely stopped drinking without a problem and good reason. Similarly some new to the process may think they are not as bad off and continue to drink. Overall, not a big fan of comparisons

MelindaFlowers 07-22-2014 08:57 PM

Every day.

DeannaM77 07-22-2014 10:54 PM

If not every night then ever other day.

lillyknitting 07-22-2014 11:29 PM

Binge, binge, binge! Got to a stage where I was bingeing every other day! Only because I would wake up so hungover & violently Ill that I couldn't possibly do it again that night, and yet, somehow, sometimes I did. Eventually, after years of hell I got it down to friday nights only, but, my Saturday's were like nervous breakdowns. I never, ever have to feel like that again. I love, love my sobriety xx

Youngaddictionwarrior 07-22-2014 11:33 PM

I used to feel like that nothing like a hair of the dog. Then if not that greasy food which I'd then feel **** about eating on top of not remembering what I'd done & who was talking to me

JD4010 07-23-2014 06:07 AM

I'd cluster several days together around the weekend. A bit on Thursday night, a lot on Friday night, and a lot again on Saturday. Sometimes I'd start in around noon on Saturday. I'd taper off on Sunday. On Monday morning, I'd feel really low and unable to think at work. I dreaded Monday so bad.

HockeyGuy 07-23-2014 06:20 AM

I mean, I woulda drank every day if it didn't interfere with any of my relationships, which it ended up interfering with in the end anyway. It's like my default settings would be "I wanna drink" unless something like work or an angry girlfriend got in the way.. and the angry girlfriend often didn't get in the way.

WHich explains why I'm single. And looking. So if you know anybody....

hahaha

JustEric 07-23-2014 07:38 AM

Heavy everyday drinker. I have really bad insomnia so I couldn't actually get to sleep unless I was plastered or just passed out. Two weeks sober now!

johnnybsober 07-23-2014 11:54 AM

I drank every day! A gallon of vodka a week plus 2 cases of beer each week. I was drowning myself in alcohol!

Today is day 8 sober.

sobermax 07-23-2014 12:50 PM

Two bottles of wine per day to keep myself level. Then the binges . . .