SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Were you a daily drinker or every other day? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/203148-were-you-daily-drinker-every-other-day.html)

Angie247 05-08-2015 08:48 PM

Usually 3 days a week but sometimes more. It wasn't usually less than that.

MelindaFlowers 05-08-2015 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers (Post 2626428)
I binged everyday.

Whoa. A little creepy to see my post from five years ago. Little did I know I had four years of ever-worsening drinking ahead of me.

Don't wait like I did. Stop now!

TroyW 05-09-2015 12:37 AM

All day, every day. Not exactly something to be proud of, but I'm quite confident I'm one of the biggest drunks on SR. :rolleyes2

bdj 05-10-2015 06:09 PM

During football season, Thursday thru Monday. When football season ends, Thursday thru Sunday.

Yno 06-05-2015 07:11 PM

Every other day.

I came to this site to prove to myself that I'm not an alcoholic. I don't drink every day. I drink until the Sandman comes every second day, while allowing myself a day to heal in between. I've spent the entire evening reading these heartbreaking stories. About halfway through I told my wife that I was going to quit (I've never said that to anyone before). I told her how manic I was today knowing that it was a drinking day. She laughed and asked me how I knew that today was a drinking day. When I told her that it was because the hangover was gone, I saw tears fill her eyes. She knew that I had a problem, but had no idea how bad things were.

I really appreciate this post. Thank you for starting it Shelly and thank you everyone for sharing your darkest hours with us.

GnikNus 06-05-2015 07:28 PM

Daily heavy drinker. Heavy/binge drinking on weekends.
6 months sober as of this week.

exwell66 06-05-2015 08:17 PM

last 8 months at least a quzrt of vodka a day usually more.not more than 3 days sober in25 plus years....sober almost 2 months.shame it took so long but im healthy...some of my doctors don't know why.....still here

anattaboy 06-06-2015 06:08 AM

24/7...everyday was groundhog day and most days he did not see his shadow.

Tippingpoint 06-11-2015 06:19 PM

I took Monday's off. Would often drink only a couple on Tuesday and Wednesday. Thursday's was when I would get down to business to set myself up for the Friday/Saturday binge drinking sessions. Sunday you'd want to start early so that you could go to bead early and recover somewhat for Monday morning.

I spent years doing this stupid routine over and over again.

Wholesome 06-11-2015 07:31 PM

I drank every day unless I was feeling really bad from yesterdays session...... every so often I would try to check myself and stay sober for a few weeks.

N3p3nth3 06-12-2015 12:59 PM

For the most part, my habit was to drink heavily every third night. I drank enough that I felt bad the next day and didn't feel like drinking. The second day I would start feeling good. The third day, I'd feel great and start the cycle all over. That was my routine for much of my ~15 year drinking history, but there were some spells were it was lighter drinking on a daily basis, depending on my social crowd and work situation.

nyala 06-12-2015 01:32 PM

Whenever I could. As much as I could until it either ran out, someone called me out, or I fell asleep.

When out I would always drink as much as the heaviest drinker.

Binges could lead me anywhere with no memory of the journey.

I always knew someone who drank more than me ( or I assumd they did ). This allowed me to justify what I did.

Now everyone who drinks, drinks more than me,

DrCaesar 06-14-2015 09:43 AM

I am a pretty much every day drinker--usually a big malt liquor or two (or more) in the day, then at least an entire bottle of wine every evening.

ownmybehavior 06-20-2015 04:43 PM

Errryy Day. Errrry Darn Day. Not before 3 or 4 pm though. I rationalized that the time from morning to mid afternoon though my body was recouping. LOL What a joke.

OMB

NoelleR 06-21-2015 07:48 AM

"Were you a daily drinker or every other day? "

Hm, well, YES.

(o:
NoelleR

Debbie329 06-21-2015 01:43 PM

Was not a daily drinker........couple times a week.....when the stress got to be too much at work.

Zufrieden 06-22-2015 02:37 PM

Every single day of the year without exception for 17 years. It progressed to a sort of status quo early on that included a pint of vodka (while driving home...sorry people!) and a bottle or two of wine once I got home. Oddly, I didn't begin drinking much of anything until I turned 30. Late bloomer.
Last week, at 47 years old, after much planning, deliberating and stalling I drank my last hidden vodka in the barn, made a pact with myself and quit. Today is day 5 of sobriety but I know in the pit of my soul that I will never return to it. I have felt more pride and peace with my decision the past week than I can explain.

NatVT 11-27-2016 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Zufrieden (Post 5434339)
Every single day of the year without exception for 17 years. It progressed to a sort of status quo early on that included a pint of vodka (while driving home...sorry people!) and a bottle or two of wine once I got home. Oddly, I didn't begin drinking much of anything until I turned 30. Late bloomer.
Last week, at 47 years old, after much planning, deliberating and stalling I drank my last hidden vodka in the barn, made a pact with myself and quit. Today is day 5 of sobriety but I know in the pit of my soul that I will never return to it. I have felt more pride and peace with my decision the past week than I can explain.

Congrats Zufrieden. Did you do this on your own or with a doctor?

SWTPEA61 11-27-2016 01:28 PM

The last 5 years everyday..............started at 5:00 pm until I pasted out .............it started with 1 bottle of wine a night and progressed to 2 1/2 bottles a night this past summer I felt terrible I knew I needed to stop.

Nic233 11-27-2016 03:32 PM

Every single day. Up until Jan this year when I quit for almost 6 months, I was drinking 2-3 bottles of champagne a night and vodka throughout the day so I was able to work... was one very sick girl
I've now been sober 14 days and my drinking had escalated back to 2 bottles of champagne a night sometimes 3, just wasn't having the vodka any more. Also every weekend was a free-for all where I'd start in the morning and continue until I passed out at night... was Far too much. Constantly hungover or drunk. It's just not living and I never want to go back