SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Living In Sobriety (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/178389-living-sobriety.html)

espresso 06-16-2009 01:10 PM

Know what you mean Ro. Last night I really exploded about something - it just happened and wasn't at all pre-meditated. What with a load of other stuff today, it's left me really washed out/depressed and off beam.

SR has really helped me out today - don't think I've ever posted so much. "A meeting between meetings" sort of thing. Has taken me out of me a bit too.

Have to remember there's nothing like a selfish alkie, self centred and all that - talking about me here

In the age stakes, I'm 47

:ghug3

Philly 06-16-2009 01:16 PM

Just stopping by to say hello before going home. It really is a shame that the only time I have to come on-line is at work.

Nel- I know some think that Philly was a male. I answer some threads but the only one continuously is the July 2008 thread. I'm pretty sure most on that thread know that I am a female.

Anyway our July 2008 thread is coming up on one year so anyone who wants to stop by and say hi is welcome. We have lost just about everyone which is probably why we only see current months threads. Some just leave the site while others feel that need the new month.

Everyone have a nice evening I am off to the gym after work to fill my exercise addiction. God forbid I would actually go home and cook for my husband. lol

Believe808 06-16-2009 02:37 PM

I just need to post because I am completely out of sorts. And on top of that, my daughter just got home and asked where her soccer uniform is. How the hell am I suppose to know, and if its still dirty, then am I her personal servant!! She should have either asked me to wash it or wash it herself. I will not get caught up in this stuff. Yes I am caught up in it, but typing here I am hoping I will let it all out here and let it go. It does help me to write down stuff. Sorry you all have to read this stuff but I do not journal except for what I write here on SR.

Believe808 06-16-2009 02:42 PM

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change
the courage to change the things I can
and the wisdom to know the difference.
Thy will not mine be done.

espresso 06-16-2009 03:06 PM

Night Night peeps...I'm pooped..

Have a great evening those over the pond!

Believe808 06-16-2009 03:14 PM

Nitey Nite Spressy, hope you have a better night than last night. I don't know if I'm one of those people over the pond. Sweet dreams :)

stone 06-16-2009 03:16 PM

Hi everyone. :wavey:

Believe808 06-16-2009 03:17 PM

Going to daughters soccer game (i know, but a mother has to do the right thing, even if she is angry) then meeting. See ya folks later.

parentrecovers 06-16-2009 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by nelco (Post 2264190)
HI parentrecovers.....I too am a gardener!! I have a lot of garden to tend!!

do you have chickens too?

hey believe - mr k is always askin' me where things are. i just tell him, "it's in the basket". lol! we only have like 100 baskets, so that keeps him busy for a good while ...

parentrecovers 06-16-2009 03:28 PM

howdy, stoney!

Rowan 06-16-2009 03:34 PM

I'm glad you could come here and share that stuff, espresso and donna. It helps me to read about your lives; the good, the bad, and the ugly.

Welcome to the thread Stone - always nice to have another member!

The incense is lit, the house is fragrant with it and fresh garlic and ground turkey. I've got food in my belly, and all is as it should be.

Hey K I wish I had more time to tend my garden - there are beautiful perennials, many I cannot identify - and lots of hostas. It sure is pretty outside this time of year.

parentrecovers 06-16-2009 03:47 PM

oh, i have a lot of plants in my garden that i have no idea what they are. and a lot of weeds. i got a new little angel this year, he's sweet. yes, nice to be outside after a long cold winter.

Believe808 06-16-2009 04:27 PM

Hi Stoney, glad you came over :)

Ro, I can just smell that incense, garlic um don't like ground turkey though. I just made the same thing I cook just about every night, Chicken. Chicken and pasta are the only two things the kids eat just about. My daughter likes different home made soups, but its not cold enough for soup now. I went to her game for awhile, but its pretty cold out and didn't bring a jacket or sweatshirt.:( I was just about the only parent there. I'm over all my stuff now, feeling much better :) Not going to meeting tonight. Will do 2 tomorrow.
Hi K she got over her stuff quick, she knows I'm right about her clothes. If it was that important she shouldn't have waited to last minute to look for it. I'm learning. I am jealous of that garden of yours. Nothing in my yard except grass and a pool I won't be opening this year. Tomorrow if no rain, grass has to be mowed and front lawn, ugh.

I wonder how Auntie Nel is coming along with her nephew!!

nelco 06-16-2009 04:40 PM

Nelc who's Captain?
captainzing2000

Wow Carol 74 !!.......as they say here "your a great bit o' stuff " Great to have your wisdom both in years and in sobriety....

parentrecovers....I have chickens,ducks, guinea hens, geese,dogs, cats and people!! Today my big surprise was 5 chicks hatched out and the picture in my avatar.....is the daddy!!

Hi Stone, I am very pleased to see you here.

Rowan you painted a lovely picture of what your home was like this night. I wanted to walk in there lol......

My home was a happy one tonight.

Believe I hope your daughter played a good game and you enjoyed the match.
my son used to do that stuff all the time with the soccer gear. I was always giving out about him not giving me notice. I think its the same in every house.

nelco 06-16-2009 04:44 PM

lol believe we must have been writing at the same time!! I will have to go to bed soon I have an early start again tomorrow. Need to give my son a lift at 8.30am

Believe808 06-16-2009 06:05 PM

Boy oh boy I feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride lately with my feelings. One minute I'm fine and happy, next I'm mad, then sad, then happy, and so on. I need to learn restraint of pen and tongue when I am angry or frustrated at something. I thought I knew better but I guess I'm still learning. At least I realize it now, I never gave a da*n before, now I have a conscience but I still can't undo a wrong. Good night

Horselover 06-16-2009 06:27 PM

You are fine Donna. Hugs to you! I think you could use them. ((((Donna)))) and don't forget :)

HideorSeek 06-16-2009 07:37 PM

I just wanted to post a quick good night. Tomorrow, I want to go back and read everything to get to know you all better. I went out with some girlfriends tonight and it was so much fun. We laughed and ate and laughed some more! There's something special about the bond between women and I have always loved the fact that we can share so much and so honestly. It's a totally different affair to go out in mixed company. Oh well, I could go on and on but I've got to go to bed, so I can get up in a few hours to pee and have my ice cream!!! ;)

Goodnight all, be well and thanks again, Believe for a very nice thread. :)

Believe808 06-16-2009 07:41 PM

Please don't thank me, I started it but do not deserve the credit for it.

espresso 06-16-2009 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Believe808 (Post 2264771)
Please don't thank me, I started it but do not deserve the credit for it.

Well I am glad and thankful you did start it! This thread was great for me last night and after some decent sleep, no noisy neighbors or hot flushes I feel so much better and it's still really early. Like you B, I'm going to a meeting today.

Good Morning Everyone
:shine8pl: