SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Any Moms Out There Keeping Sane While Not Using Part 6 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/110707-any-moms-out-there-keeping-sane-while-not-using-part-6-a.html)

TamTam 12-21-2006 04:41 PM

Hi, Mike!!! We love your wife. :)

Candy Scratch 12-21-2006 04:47 PM

Hey everyone and Merry Christmas!!!

Hi everyone!!
Just checking in to say I've MISSED YOU ALL SO MUCH!!! I have been away from the computer for the most part -- December is simply crazy for me and I know that if I came here to read the thread every day, I would do nothing else. So...things are getting done and I'm almost through the:
Christmas shopping
School concerts, pageants and bake sales
Gymnastics fundraisers (more bake sales)
Work Pot Luck Lunch (skipped the big company party this year)
Shopping for my Mom, who can't get out on her own
and wading through a huge project at work

Sigh. Still have to clean the flipping house, but one day at a time, right?

Why did I ever think it would be a good idea to paint and re-floor the washroom at this time of year?????????

I'm sorry I haven't been around supporting everyone in their daily struggles and rejoicing with you in your accomplshments, but I am thinking of you and loving each of you.

I probably won't be back until at least after Christmas, but more probably after the holidays when the kids are back at school.

I want to wish each and every one of you nothing but the very best for a Merry Christmas (or Happy Holiday, whatever it may be). May you find peace and joy and love all around you. May you and your children thrive and grow in love. I have a feeling 2007 will be a good year for all of us.

Big Big Big Hugs to my favourite mommies, including the new ones I have yet to meet here (welcome!) ;)

Love Love Love to you all and to everyone at SR also.

CS

ayla zaire 12-21-2006 04:53 PM

Hi. I love her to.

Smyle 12-21-2006 05:05 PM

Hey Mike....I love your gal too....she has been amazing when it comes to my recovery...

Smyle 12-21-2006 05:09 PM

I am so very sad right now.... i am not trying to drag this down...but i miss my niece....she was gonna be there for christmas...we were gonna jump the ramps at moms on the 4 wheeler..we had a pact...I would take the heat for whatever...
this sucks you guys..i hate it ..i do not want sat ..to come.....she was so looking forward to it...last time I saw her...

we always jumped the hills and laughed and I always got in trouble for it....

ayla zaire 12-21-2006 05:13 PM

She has that special gift to help people.

Smyle 12-21-2006 05:14 PM

I just want her back ayla

ayla zaire 12-21-2006 05:23 PM

I hope everyone has a GREAT holiday. This is Mike saying goodnight to all.

TamTam 12-21-2006 05:26 PM

Oh (((Beezy)))- I wish there was something I could do to help! I know you are going to have to go through all these feelings of grief. It is all so very raw and fresh. I wish I could help take away some of your pain.
None of it makes sense, I know.
xoxo love you!
T

TamTam 12-21-2006 05:26 PM

Bye Mike!!!!!!!!

ayla zaire 12-21-2006 05:29 PM

Bye TamTam. And Beezy, you will be ok. When you need to talk, you can count on Ayla to cheer you up. She is there for all of you.

liiise 12-21-2006 05:35 PM

Hello everybody,
It has been a while since I checked in. I am at my sister Lise's for the holidays. As some of you know, we are both members of this forum so we will support each other. I tried reading some of your posts and saw alot of new pics. Your all beautiful, inside and out. Anyho, a big hello from me and sis.
Joanne

mikiglen 12-21-2006 06:02 PM

big hugs for beezy
GAWD, tam, you are gorgeous, too...i definitely do not belong here, lol
hope everyone is doing well tonite
sweet dreams

scootinbabe 12-21-2006 06:13 PM

yikes guys....i haven't allowed myself to intentionally get in front of a camera in a few years! now my hubby is very handsome (and also follicle-y challenged so he nearly shaves his head) and so are my kids.

you'll just have to see me in person at our roundup ;-)

mikiglen 12-21-2006 06:14 PM

no no, cause i can't go
pm me a pic, dammit

ayla zaire 12-21-2006 06:20 PM

i'll post one when i get my digital camera that i'm not supposed to know about for christmas...

my hubby hijacked the thread...he is a fan of my girls....

Jersey Nonny 12-21-2006 06:33 PM

oh rae, you're not an interloper!!
Would you prefer buttinsky? :c033:

C'est La Vie...you are to be commended for starting this chat-fest just a little over two months ago.

Anyway, I just wanted to comment on how fortunate you Moms are to have this great way of sharing your daily experience, strength, and hope...it's like one huge 24/7 Women's Meeting. But, then, I'm sure you're already aware...since you seem to have become so close in such a short period of time here.

ayla zaire 12-21-2006 06:42 PM

thanks buttinsky....hehe...we are greatful and amazed everyday at the friendships that we have formed here...thanks to c'est...we sure can talk, can't we???

(((rae)))

4MyGuys 12-21-2006 06:48 PM

Okay. I've gotta be quick b/c DH is on me to spend time w/him. WAH! Dinner was great, sober fun. YEA!!!

Talk to you all tomorrow a.m.!! Goodnight mommies!

ayla zaire 12-21-2006 07:01 PM

have fun with mcsteamy...mmmm....want my silk scarves???

i hope you had a wonderful day, sweetheart...and a wonderful night...wink...