SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hands Across Time Zones, Part 3: The sun is always rising somewhere in the world (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/100598-hands-across-time-zones-part-3-sun-always-rising-somewhere-world.html)

c'est la vie 08-17-2006 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by miss communicat
DREAMZ

THANK YOU FOR SPREADING SO MUCH JOY AROUND!!!!!!!

I vote you are the official HATZ Joy :shine8pl: Queen!

I second that! You can also be the official "Word of the Day" decider.

I was just telling my daughter that I was grumpy and that the little irritating things are bothering me. I think now I'll try to find the joy. The sun is shining and I can see the soft blue sky between the gently rolling fluffs of clouds. The delicate breeze is tickling the leaves on the trees and I can hear the birds singing their songs of joy this morning.

BeamMeUpScotty 08-17-2006 07:28 AM

Well, HATZers,

It's time for me to go to bed. It's 11:25 pm and I'm having trouble keeping my eyes open. I know I'm lucky from some of the others who have trouble sleeping. I hope you can all sleep well soon. For some reason, the men in my family can sleep through anything, especially my father.

I hope everyone's having a good morning, afternoon, or evening. I'll "see" you tomorrow.

Take care.

mythreesons 08-17-2006 07:42 AM

Hello dear, sweet, HATZer Friends, new and old~ I just got off the phone with our fearless leader, the incomparable Rae rob of NJ! She passed on the good news that Michael had resurrected the HATZ thread and it brings joy to my day to hear that you are all working hard at living life on lifes terms... sobriety at any cost.

Miss C, thanks for the PM and thinking of me, yes I have been lurking, keeping up on the progress of my friends, just not posting. Trying to keep my computer time down to a minimum so I can attend to all my munchkins needs, wants and constant demands!

My husband, (7+months sober) and I are living life beyond our wildest dreams. He attends AA meetings at least 4 times a week, making friends in the area and has a wonderful sponsor in the same crazy biz he is in, they speak daily and I am grateful. He is working steady and we have our fingers crossed for a show spot on the show he is loading in at this time. The steady work (and pay) should help us get out of the financial woes caused by addiction.

My youngest turned 1 on August 9th and we had a little party on Saturday that turned into a big party as my sister and her kids flew east from Seattle to suprise us. (MAX? Where for art thou?) It was better than Christmas... I was truly shocked at their arrival... I had no idea they were coming. JOY, pure joy, they are here until Tuesday.

My almost three year old has me running every minute that the one year old doesn't and thanks to my parents, my five year old had six straight weeks of swim lessons and is ready to scuba dive with the rest of you in Australia.

We are (me and the kids) planning on going to see Rae next week, she will see first hand the chaos three boys can bring, beautiful chaos, if I can say so myself.

To the newbies... there is hope. Back in December my life was a disaster. My family was torn apart by drugs and alcohol. I would have never believed anyone if they told me where we would be only 7 months later... it can happen, one day at a time. Don't drink or use today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. Know that you are thought of and loved.

:Val004:

Hugs to all of you across the time zones. I will be lurking, at the very least. XOXO Paula

C'est, 2 months! You go girl. I am so happy for you.

janeeyre 08-17-2006 08:01 AM

Wow! Just when I was cruising along, being "too busy" to stop in at SR, this thread starts hopping. I really am glad. I didn't realize how much I'd missed it here. (Thank you, C'est, for pulling me back in :))

Rae, it is SO good to see your posts! And everyone else's, too.

Let's see...it's about 9:00am here, a gorgeous clear morning, still cool enough to feel refreshing. I'm learning to "be here now" instead of fretting about the future. Also learning to take joy in the moment.

Originally posted by BeamMeUpScotty:
Whenever I see your name I always think of The Jetsons where George is yelling, "Jane, get me off this crazy thing!"--pretty much how I felt when drinking. I'm getting a funny suspicion that I should be thinking more literary though. Oh, well, what's an English degree worth anyway.
:lmao

(All my English degree is good for is providing this screen name...)

mythreesons 08-17-2006 08:06 AM

Great to see you Jane!

expenguin 08-17-2006 08:17 AM

Hi everyone it is 8:12am here in Sunny California and it is still foggy.......Maybe it will clear out later for the sun to perk us up a bit........I hate gloomy days as it makes me feel yuky..................But the fog is hanging out at the beach and it is fishing day today.....so I am off to have some fun trying to catch some treasure in the sand while my family catch some fish...................Will see who gets the better bait.............I for one will enjoy my day in the great outdoors and in the fresh air.................Then maybe sneak off to the farm to see the animals and pick up some fresh berry pies...............................O what a day this is going to be and wish ya all could come and play.......................Have a great day and see ya all later.............Hugs to everyone.....................Little Penguin

Jersey Nonny 08-17-2006 08:58 AM

Good Thursday to most of you HATZ'ers...Friday, already for some...but, just one day at a time for all of us! As I explained to Paula, I had been in a really "bad space" for way too long, but finally pulled myself up out of the doldrums...sheer guts and determination...we alcoholics and addicts are nothing if not stubborn when we set our minds and energy to it!!!

Since I haven't been able to make regular meetings for about five years now, this site was a Godsend when I was steered to it by another person in recovery...I call it my 24-hour-a-day meeting...and, there are so many positive vibes being shared here from all over the world.

My aide just gave me a nice thorough sponge bath...never thought I'd miss being able to get in and out of a shower/tub so much...we get to become very grateful for the littlest things and the smallest kindnesses. When I wound up in the nursing home for three months, I was ever so thankful for
the many friendships I made here...imagine my suprise to receive flowers from Scotty/Michael in Japan...and cards from others in all corners of this crazy world...there is no one more understanding or compassionate than another alcoholic/addict!!! Bless you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

I'm anxiously looking forward to the visit from Paula & Co. next week...I told her to bring a dust clothe :c033: My son doesn't believe in doing more than is absolutely necessary, and I guess he doesn't consider clean furniture part of the package. I've learned to close my eyes to a lot...one of my favorite expressions these days is "How important is it?"

Well, it's almost noon here in New Jersey...time to sit back and have lunch. Hope this finds all of you well and reasonably happy (at least content).

CarolD 08-17-2006 02:01 PM

Paula!!! :c031:

What progress for y'all Super!

CarolD 08-17-2006 02:17 PM

:Val004: Rae...I do hope your health continues to improve.

Dreamz 08-17-2006 05:03 PM

HIYA KIDS

Hope everyone is having a fantabulous Friday (well probably Thursday for most) Its a beautiful sunny (even though its the middle of winter) Friday morning 9:55am and I am extremely happy to be shary my hap-hap-happy and positive vibes with all you HATZers!!!!

*;;;*****;*:*:*::::::*****;;;;***:::::;;;;;;*;*;;: *****

That was some happy vibes!!!

WORD OF THE DAY IS RAZZAMATAZ - because I think it sounds funny!!

janeeyre 08-17-2006 06:33 PM

Dreamz, you are a riot! It is so fun to to have you here. :)

Originally posted by raerob:
My aide just gave me a nice thorough sponge bath...never thought I'd miss being able to get in and out of a shower/tub so much...we get to become very grateful for the littlest things and the smallest kindnesses. When I wound up in the nursing home for three months, I was ever so thankful for
the many friendships I made here...imagine my suprise to receive flowers from Scotty/Michael in Japan...and cards from others in all corners of this crazy world...there is no one more understanding or compassionate than another alcoholic/addict!!! Bless you all for your kind thoughts and prayers.

Rae, you make me remember just how much I take for granted. Thank you so much.

And now I'm getting all teary (in a good way). I am thankful for this place, and especially this thread.

janeeyre 08-17-2006 06:39 PM

Speaking of getting teary...

Max, oh Max...where are you? Your PM box is full.

I hope you know how much folks around here miss you. And look--Rae's back!:banana:

You'd better get back here, or somebody's gonna open up a Can O' Whoop-butt on you.

mythreesons 08-17-2006 06:59 PM

Yes Rae... thank you for reminding me to take nothing for granted. And, for this thread and bringing us all together. Hugs.

BeamMeUpScotty 08-17-2006 07:32 PM

Good Friday morning all,

Well, yesterday proved a bust on finding a bicycle shop. Oh, well. I still had a razzamataz time. I was reminded of a Billy Joel song:

"You may be right,
I may be crazy.
I even rode my moped in the rain."

I love that song.

One of my new goals is during summer vacation I am going to visit someplace I haven't been to each day. So, now I must decide on a place for today. There's a festival in Tokyo this weekend, so maybe there.

Take care all.

expenguin 08-17-2006 09:06 PM

Sounds like everyone is in a cheery mood and that is good.....Now for riding that moped in the rain....that is a little more than I would tackle for now.....But sounds like an adventure I might try if I had one of those things......................Now for seeing something new each day of summer that is a blast.......But my summer is almost over here and the HOT days continue...................Even the ocean water is nice and warm and I invite ya all to come for a skinny dip on this side of sunny Calif......................Well it is now 9pm here and time to hit the sack..........The chickens have been getting up before us and that is not good for me.....goes to show I am getting lazy and need to rise before the rooster......................See ya all later as my eyes are gettin heavy......Erin , I see ya have come on for the night ....Don't forget to turn the lights out for me.....Thanks.... .........................Little Penguin

Erin 08-17-2006 09:39 PM

Hi
It's not morning for me... yet.

It's Thursday evening at 8:45 p.m. PST, Vancouver, BC. It was a sunny day, but cooler - starting to feel like Fall.

Here's to an evening of the Office and Harry Potter.

miss communicat 08-17-2006 09:45 PM

Good sober night to Little Penguin and Erin,
Good sober Afternoon (?) to Michael and Dreamz
Good sober morning Europe (?)

ohhh I am so confused!

I am going to bed. Sober. that much I know. Its way late here

Dreamz 08-17-2006 09:57 PM

GOOD NIGHT MC

c'est la vie 08-18-2006 12:20 AM

Yes Miss C. It's morning here. A little dreary though. I wish I would have taken better advantage of how pleasant it was yesterday. I spend far too much time regretting not living in the moment. I was on the computer too much and really got some good cleaning done, but I didn't spend time outside which I really love to do.

So Erin, I'm going to have to pull out a map to find BC. Is that Canada? I'm guessing far west based on the time difference. I've been to Victoria. Is that in BC?

Paula, I'm so happy to hear about your husband and your family. It's great that you can share your success story here.

Thank you Scotty for resurecting this thread and to Rae for initiating it in the first place. I just read that Nogard is feeling crappy today. Maybe he needs a dose of Razzmataz. I think I'll tell him to pop in here.

My dog has a cat cornered in a tree in our yard and he keeps circling. Quite funny.

Arura 08-18-2006 01:42 AM

Good Night America....:a143: they are sleeping... Hope your all haveing a great nights Kip.

Morning c'est... Hope your well Honi. :Val004:

Its a nice sunny mornin in London today...X

I wonder if scotty got his bike...?

...:23: