SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Hands Across Time Zones, Part 3: The sun is always rising somewhere in the world (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/100598-hands-across-time-zones-part-3-sun-always-rising-somewhere-world.html)

BeamMeUpScotty 08-15-2006 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by c'est la vie
She's on vacation in the mountains with her family before the rigamarole of school starts up again.

I think I found Lee over in the sober village, she now JustMe59 (hehe)

I forgot to toot my happy horn - 2 months for me today!

Congrats on the 2 months!! That's wonderful.

Today was one week for me.

Let's not let this one die out!!

It's almost 11 p.m. here and I'm glad to say I'm feeling tired and it's looking like my sleep pattern is returning to normal.

CarolD 08-15-2006 07:19 AM

:cheer :cheer One for each of your sober months

c'est la vie Congratulations!

Arura 08-15-2006 07:44 AM

C'est 2 mnths is a Great achivement... Congratulations Honi... Dont Blow it at the Festi...?...:Val004: .Stick to the coffee places or museums, what ever is interesting apart from the Beer...X

...Only Love...X :Val004:

NEEDTOBESOBER 08-15-2006 08:06 AM

Hi,

My name is Anne and I am from Houston, Texas , it is 10:00 in the morning here and I am an alcoholic, have been taking medication (Campral) for alcohol dependence seems to be working very well. I am 15 days sober.:c031: I am 41, married with 2 boys, 12 and 18. This is an awesome thread.

miss communicat 08-15-2006 08:51 AM

:rotate:
Hi to:
Anne, Michael,Angie,Paul,Arura,Star,Carol,Dreamz,Freddie and all others in the wings,

isnt it cool to know the sun IS always rising someplace in the world and that we are all connected through the desire to be sober and clean today?

freddie 08-15-2006 12:51 PM

I apologize to BeammeupScotty. I referred to you as a woman and I am sorry. I hope you find some cute sober women in tokyo. Hey, are there any english speaking meetings in Japan?

CarolD 08-15-2006 03:14 PM

Hi and Welcome to everyone...:banana:

To our newer members...
I think my signature explauns me.

I have been in recovery 22 years
Sober over 17.

Never give up!!

And I did it as you are..
one day at a time!

CarolD 08-15-2006 03:28 PM

Wow MissC...you certainly have had a lot os tests
recently!!..:Val004:

CarolD 08-15-2006 03:31 PM

:c031: 1 week is a good beginning on your fresh start Scotty!

BeamMeUpScotty 08-15-2006 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by freddie
I apologize to BeammeupScotty. I referred to you as a woman and I am sorry. I hope you find some cute sober women in tokyo. Hey, are there any english speaking meetings in Japan?

Ohayo gozaimasu! :smilejap:

No worries about the "reference". Like I said, no way to know.

There are two meetings a week in Yokohama. I did go to one once, but I didn't really click. It was mostly guys who were about 20 years older and Navy vets, including the Catholic priest, who still spoke like they were in the Navy. It's not that I'm that sensitive to salty language (I bartended for over 10 years), but I mean some of it did go too far. I might go back in the future, but right now I'm happy with SR. I'm also looking at some more secular options.

Anyway, I just woke up almost exactly 8 hours after I went to bed with no alarm clock! Boy, do I like quality sleep!!

Arura 08-15-2006 04:51 PM

Yey ((Scotty)) enjoyed your nap honi...X :Val004:

Thanks for the tips on Japan...!

Tell me more its great to understand other communitys :funjump:

Travel is my one of my favorites pass times/commitments if i really want it... :Wstrand Reward when ive recovered to my standards that i now need...X Mexico here i come ...in a few yrs...! I hope...?!?

Dreamz 08-15-2006 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by BeamMeUpScotty
Hey Dreamz,

Glad you've got your HATZ on!! Glad to have someone from down-under. So you're a really young 23 year old? Does that mean you're about 23 years and 3 months as opposed to 23 and 11 months? :scratchch

Do you do any scuba diving? I would love to go to Australia to go diving. If you want a relaxing hobby, I know no better.

So, what movies are you into?

Take care and glad you're here.

HIYA - well actually I'm 23 and 9 months but I am pretty childish 23 year old. Not in a bad way I don't think - I just don't seem as grown-up as my friends!!!:lala

I have never been scuba diving - but I often holiday at the great barrier reef where most people go to do scuba diving. My most exciting adventure in Australia is swimming with the Dolphins at Seaworld on the Gold Coast - I'm definalty a beach chick!!!!
I LOVE SUMMER!!!!!
:ham4

Dreamz 08-15-2006 05:59 PM

PS - its 10:56am Wednesday morning 16th August - I hate Wednesdays but today I woke up extra happy. I had a really good sleep and I just feel good!!!!:mowing

PS - the lawn mowing man has nothing to do with my post - but I like colourful pictures!!!

Arura 08-15-2006 06:35 PM

(((Dreamz))) im a Gardener....When you you need me just give me a shout n I'll do your lawn...!

Im Way Cheaper than that ...! :Val004: Anytime ...in Aus...oh YES:shine8pl:

Great barrier reaf im packing now... :Val004:

see you soon ...!

miss communicat 08-15-2006 07:02 PM

me too!!!! Will garden in Australia for food, fun, all of the above

Arura 08-15-2006 07:14 PM

Ditto that A (((Cat))...X

Snorkeling, diving, sailing, walking Discovering oh my god thats it ...

Were's my bikini...:Wstrand

Hope Your well Miss Cat...X :Val004:

Dreamz 08-15-2006 07:29 PM

HAHA SOUNDS GOOD

Ok everyone PARTY AT MY HOUSE!!!!

I live 2 min drive from the beach

2 min drive to the BEST cafe in the entire world

I live with my sister and we believe that Disney cartoons is the key to all happiness!

And I love making new friends!!!!

Arura 08-15-2006 07:36 PM

My Bags are already packed ... I'll let you know when i got the Cash lol...

It wonderful for me in dull England to think of all you lot out there in the Sun...WoW...!:) :) :)

Im ready Dreamz, ((MissCat)) was into the idea too we could just hang out on your nearset beach,fire, friends...See you soon .......lol ...XxXxXxxxx....!

BeamMeUpScotty 08-15-2006 07:58 PM

Throw a shrimp on the . . ., OOHHH NOO, I'm not going there.

But I'll go to Australia anytime. Just so long as I can strap a tube to my back and go live with the fishes for a while. Then I'll come back up and we'll have a feast.:bbq

Let's make it for late February/early March--I have to take a group of students to wild wonderful sunny Victoria, Canada in February, so I'll be ready for some sunshine!!

Happy sober Wednesday to all the HATZers!!

P.S. I'm thrilled so many people are having fun in this thread!! Thank you all.

Arura 08-15-2006 08:17 PM

Yer IM ready about feb, next year for a hol ANYwhere...!