SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/460371-class-august-2022-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Dee74 08-21-2022 02:49 AM

Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 2

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-one-20.html

D

Red78 08-21-2022 03:21 AM

Lixie that is amazing that you did that on day 1, I'm glad you made it through..

RAL 08-21-2022 03:56 AM

Well done Liz that's amazing. I'm on day 2 too xx

lmvalentine 08-21-2022 05:48 AM

That is an accomplishment Lixie. I don’t think I could have done it. Way to go! We’ve all had quite a weekend.
Here is too a good Sunday.

Chancellor 08-21-2022 07:19 AM

Hey Ral! I'm glad I found you here! Today is day 3 for me!

Citrus 08-21-2022 07:39 AM

Welcome 5E!

Valentine I am so glad you are sober through your landlady mess. :hug:

Lixie and RAL congrats on 2 days! Over that pesky day 1 is such a good feeling. So glad you are both here with us. ❤

And day 3 for you Chancellor!

Hi Suze, Red, Todd, Duke.... and the others I am missing!

Thanks for the new thread Dee!!

I wole up on the wrong side of the bed today. I was just not having it. Luckily a meditation, picking up a bit after everyone, getting some essential oils in the diffuser and some coffee I am feeling a lot more even keeled. Luckily for my family... haha.

ToddZeile 08-21-2022 07:54 AM

Day 19 - alcohol is not an option today.

venuscat 08-21-2022 08:46 AM

Hi everyone :) ❤️

Pekelover2 08-21-2022 09:07 AM

Hi 5E! Welcome!
Lixie I was thinking about you. Bravo on not drinking!!!
Hi Venus!
Hi Citrus. It sounds like the meditation brought you back to a better place. I’m trying to work on my breathing more and more.

I’m sore from lifting weights the day *before* yesterday. I had no idea that I’d be this sore. It’s my legs. I never do a total body workout. Just usually arms, chest and back. I want to run today before I have lunch with my friend.
Husband just got home from a 14+ hours shift. He gave me a big hug!! I can tell he feels so much happier with me not drinking.I do too. 💕

I need to ask a favor of all of you.
I’m taking a 2am shuttle to the airport tomorrow morning. I have a long wait until my flight (it’s just how the shuttles work here). Then I have a long flight. I don’t drink in public. But airports are the exception. I am a white knuckle flyer. (I actually took flying lessons for years. I almost got my license for a Cessna 152. It’s not flying that scares me. It’s faulty the maintenance of planes that terrifies me…)

Please would it be alright if I check in a lot during this time? I do have flight meds. So I should be okay.
I fly home on Tuesday.
TIA

Pekelover2 08-21-2022 09:35 AM

Thank you Dee for starting a new thread.
Dee, why do you begin a new thread?

I ordered new trail running shoes. My current ones were spent.

venuscat 08-21-2022 10:01 AM

Check in as much as you like, dearest Peke! :) :hug: ❤️

samwitch 08-21-2022 10:23 AM

A new thread! Nice!
Day 15, another hike this morning on a more forgiving trail, and less humid. The dog is once again exhausted which is great!
Hey RAL, 5E and Chancellor--good to see you all.
Props-Lixie, on the sober wedding--well done!
Hey Peke-what kind of trail running shoes? I have hiking shoes(Merrills) and running shoes(Saucony) but not trail running shoes-I *may* take up trail running at some point so I'm curious. And I know of Ragnar, that IS a crazy race. And I will say since I always get to airports ridiculously early because I'm so anxious, I understand so totally check in. I dunno if this would be an option, but I do laps around the airport-I check out different terminals and people watch. I can easily log a couple miles in Philly or BWI which are usually the airports I fly out of.

Anna 08-21-2022 12:30 PM

Peke, Dee starts new threads when the old one reaches about 500. Beyond that, it would slow down the system too much to load those big threads. :)

Check in as often as you'd like. We are here for you. :)

Dee74 08-21-2022 02:15 PM

Welcome RAL and Chancellor :)

Originally Posted by Anna (Post 7843414)
Peke, Dee starts new threads when the old one reaches about 500. Beyond that, it would slow down the system too much to load those big threads. :)

Check in as often as you'd like. We are here for you. :)

I closed the other thread at 480something posts cos I needed to go to bed PL :)

D

Citrus 08-21-2022 07:36 PM

Grateful to have made it through another day sober. This one was hard. I started feeling off emotionally and AV hit. I did an AA meeting and bawled for 2 hours. But it got me out of my head. I did another meeting this evening. I am willing to do what it takes to stay sober.

My hubby had to go get something from the store so I sent a small list with him as I knew I wasn't in a place to go with him. I was so worried he would bring beer home. If he did he hasn't brought it inside, as promised. But I was confident before he got home that if he did carry a pack in I would stay strong. ❤

Peke post away! We are all here for you! :hug:

Off to bed. Goodnight all!!

Free2bme888 08-21-2022 09:19 PM

Citrus, you are making this stick. It feels great for all of us.

Keep up the good work.

Todd, your affirmations are making permanent positive changes in your brain. Wonderful!

Peke, you don’t drink anymore. Not an option. You’ll be ok.

Free2bme888 08-21-2022 09:20 PM

Sam, over two weeks! That’s hard!

We CAN do hard things

Pekelover2 08-21-2022 10:43 PM

Grrr! My post got gobbled up!

Sam, I’m just like you. I do laps around the airport too. I even load them on my strava.
Hiking: Merrill’s. Best ever.
Trail running: I ran in Saucony‘s for a while but they have a no drop shoe and it just didn’t work well for me. I switched to Hoka’s (Clifton). Loved these shoes. Now I’m trying Speedgoats 5’s. They have 5mm lugs. I need that for technical trails. I’m scared of slipping. I’m also going to buy the Tecton’s and compare them. They only have 4mm lugs. But they’re 6.9 ounces vs 8.5 ounces in weight.
Congratulations on 15 days!

Pekelover2 08-21-2022 10:51 PM

Citrus: you’re really doing the work. Good for you.

Anna, thank you for the explanation. I understand now about why a new thread is generated.
Free you’re right: drinking is not an option.

I had a good run this morning. But I felt winded. Not sure as to why. It wasn’t a long run. I had a great brunch with my friend. We could talk all day long. We ate outside. The sun was lovely.

Body is aching a lot. Not sure if it’s still residual issues from my accident. Sometimes my legs ache so badly. The leg that has the 45+ staples is pretty good. The other leg (with the torn quad) aches a lot. And my calves ache too. I never stretch. I have to make that a priority. I just want to run. And feel that redness in my face. I don’t take the time to properly stretch.

i will leave in about 2.5 hours for the shuttle.

Thanks everyone.

RAL 08-21-2022 11:45 PM

Morning all
Good to be back.
Nice to see you too Chancellor :)
Congrats on 15 days Sam and nearly a month Citrus-that's fabulous :)
Peke I hope your flight went well.
Day 3. Been reading over the weekend but not posting much. Felt so ill.this thing really does get worse and worse. I've removed all alcohol from the house and will not buy anymore. I am planning each day as it comes although aware that unforeseen things will happen. but whatever happens I won't drink over it. I am going to start SMART meetings again today too. they really helped me before till I stopped doing them. Back to school here today. I will be a present and good parent who hasn't got a hangover.

Hope everyone has a good day x