SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of August 2022 Support Thread Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/460371-class-august-2022-support-thread-part-2-a.html)

Pekelover2 08-29-2022 10:30 AM

I’m watching ppl. Everyone is drinking. It’s funny. I’m noticing this because I’m not drinking.

Husband is still at work. It’s 10:30 am where I live. He went to work at 7pm last night.

I have my flight meds.

RAL 08-29-2022 01:11 PM

You can do this peke 👍

So glad you got through the work suze. Hope you are treating yourself now 😀👍

I have decided to go away for the weekend. Just me and several books. Catch up on sleep. Read. Lie in the sum and not speak to anyone for 3 days. Apart from here on sr of course 😀 bit if an introvert and need to recharge my batteries.

Hope everyone has had a good day x

venuscat 08-29-2022 01:12 PM

I wish I had your caravan, dear RAL. :)
I hope you have a lovely weekend. :hug:

Dee74 08-29-2022 01:29 PM

I hope your got on board safely PL.
Congrats to everyone on another sober day :)

D

RAL 08-29-2022 02:02 PM

Thanks suze. You are very welcome to come over and stay 👍😀✈✈✈

Worried14 08-29-2022 02:19 PM

Hello lovely August people :wavey:

Still need to get familiar with this thread :)
Hope everyone has had a good Monday :grouphug:
Still plodding along ok here :)

venuscat 08-29-2022 02:26 PM

Welcome, dear Worried :) :hug: ❤️

Good morning Dee :) ❤️

And don't tempt me, RAL! :) ❤️

Dee74 08-29-2022 02:57 PM

good morning Suze and everyone :)
D

Free2bme888 08-29-2022 03:01 PM

Worried. If you are on mobile phone, scroll down to see a bar line that says “desktop view”

or do this site on iPad or desktop or laptop. It opens up a whole new world.

🗺

TiredCarpenter 08-29-2022 05:50 PM

Way to push through and get the assignments done venus!

G’day all.

Free2bme888 08-29-2022 06:55 PM

Well done Suze

RAL 08-29-2022 10:39 PM

Morning all
Up earlier than normal today.Just looked in mirror, my complexion is looking much better. Less puffy and red. More, dare I say it, normal, despite my advancing age :) Feeling better too so good news all round.

Have a great day everyone :)

ToddZeile 08-30-2022 03:52 AM

Day 28 - 4 weeks and counting!

Red78 08-30-2022 04:12 AM

Day 38 is nearly in the bag..
I'm doing ok, no thoughts of drinking at 5pm anymore which is fantastic, however I'm not fooled that it wont pop up outta nowhere..
We have 2 events coming up that I'm feeling anxious about and there is no avoiding either event.. We are working in Auckland next week and staying on for the weekend to go to V8 supercars with the step kids. Not my thing at all and there will be no drinking to make it a palatable weekend, that's not because of the kids but the racing. It's gonna be tough..
Then Oct 1st we fly to the South island for a friend's 50th and this will be the real test, it's our best mates bro and they are like family. There will be a lot of drink and no doubt a lot of drugs, it is a very bogan crowd and we will be camping and I'm feeling a little nervous about it..
I have a month to make a plan..

Hi to everyone that's still here, we are all doing so well I can't believe tomorrows the last day of August!!
Goodnight..

TiredCarpenter 08-30-2022 04:45 AM

Glad you’re feeling (and looking) better RAL. :)
Congrats on 4 weeks TZ.
Red, if the birthday will be a risk of derailing you can always pass. You do, like you said, still have plenty of time to decide what works best for you. Remember a pair of earplugs for the V8 supercars, could be loud, especially if it’s not your thing. (I’d enjoy this. I’m kind of a car guy).

I’m right around the 30 day mark, but have been awfully tired lately. I’d describe it more as fatigue.
Some old injuries are acting up lately. I’ve also been unwise with our money lately and have made things quite lean in that regard so feeling a bit low on the emotional side of things too.

In the grand scheme of things I should feel fortunate. Life is pretty decent here lately.

Have a good day all.

RAL 08-30-2022 04:51 AM

I'm with Tc on the birthday red. I just wouldnt go. Nothing is unavoidable. We are adults and quite able to turn down invitations with no explanations.

I have had to learn to put myself first and stop worrying about letting people down or worrying what people think of me. A drinking and drugging event has no interest or place for me in early sobriety or in life

venuscat 08-30-2022 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Red78 (Post 7846420)
Day 38 is nearly in the bag..
I'm doing ok, no thoughts of drinking at 5pm anymore which is fantastic, however I'm not fooled that it wont pop up outta nowhere..
We have 2 events coming up that I'm feeling anxious about and there is no avoiding either event.. We are working in Auckland next week and staying on for the weekend to go to V8 supercars with the step kids. Not my thing at all and there will be no drinking to make it a palatable weekend, that's not because of the kids but the racing. It's gonna be tough..
Then Oct 1st we fly to the South island for a friend's 50th and this will be the real test, it's our best mates bro and they are like family. There will be a lot of drink and no doubt a lot of drugs, it is a very bogan crowd and we will be camping and I'm feeling a little nervous about it..
I have a month to make a plan..

Hi to everyone that's still here, we are all doing so well I can't believe tomorrows the last day of August!!
Goodnight..

A month to make a plan. OK. This is going to be a bit challenging, but it can also be a wonderful weekend with beautiful memories that you treasure forever.

I can't imagine how horrible a camping weekend would be hungover and strung out. And what a waste! :)

I am not sure if this is feasible, but if it were me, I would tell my best friends that I am not drinking or doing drugs, and I would appreciate their support on the birthday weekend.
I found from the beginning that giving people a head's up made a big difference, especially if they were people I was close with. It meant they looked out for me, and that no one offered me anything. :hug: s xx

venuscat 08-30-2022 05:05 AM

Morning and afternoon everyone :) :hug: s

Congrats on your milestones. :) ❤️

Lixie 08-30-2022 05:32 AM

Look what came in the mail today! Whohoooo! (OK, too big, but you get the point. Day 2.)

https://scontent-arn2-2.xx.fbcdn.net...OQ&oe=6331F88C

lmvalentine 08-30-2022 05:32 AM

Good morning everyone. I haven’t been keeping up but I’m still here. I was served eviction papers and have court on September 8th. Was advised by attorney to rent a storage unit and get out. The lady sounds like a loon she said. Movers will be here the 6th. I will stay with my daughter temporarily. I’m grateful but it’s in a horrible area. I am being humbled for sure. The place is not bad. A double wide mobile home and I will be in the back bedroom with a private bath. I’m awful but her housekeeping is atrocious and her 2 small girls run amok. I see the attorney this morning. ERAP takes at least 6-8 weeks. I pray I get approved. These past 5 years have been disastrous financially with a serious and expensive medical illness that drained my savings. I took in my son’s alcoholic ex and their little one for 2 years and paid for everything. Gparents have no rights in WY and I didn’t want his ex to take off with her. Mom is actively drinking and my son who is thankfully sober has Gdaughter now. Bankruptcy may be an option to pursue. I have a meeting scheduled with the attorney this morning over the eviction. I know I’m whining and complaining! I did have a job interview yesterday and have a place to live so I’m grateful and there is always hope but truly has been a horrible month. One minute at a time! Thank you all for listening to my pity party.