SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2022 Support thread Part1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/457854-class-march-2022-support-thread-part1.html)

Citrus 03-08-2022 02:50 PM

Home from picking my yongest son home. Didn't make any stops along the way. I am also 30 minutes from a town, 15 minutes from the closest place to buy alcohol. Glad to be home and safe, I will make an early dinner and have a relaxing evening and go to bed early.

venuscat 03-08-2022 03:47 PM

Good stuff Citrus honey, re no stops. :)
Hope you have a lovely dinner: I bet you will if you are making it. :) :hug: s

....I am grateful to Leshar who mentioned a new Aussie show called "The Tourist". I am enjoying it immensely. :)

I know I talk a lot about tv shows, but they are a part of my coping strategies, even part of my recovery.
I tend to push myself too hard (still trying to make up for years of waste....and yes, it is silly), so I need a decompression chamber.
For me, a great tv show is just that....I stop thinking....I feel...I watch....I listen....I laugh. :)

Just saying. :)

Leshar 03-08-2022 03:50 PM

Suze, I'm glad you're enjoying The Tourist!

Tetrax 03-08-2022 03:53 PM

I agree The Tourist is a great show! A wicked humour to it. Anyway I'm about to go to bed on Day 7, to wake up a week dry. Happy sober slumber everyone :)

venuscat 03-08-2022 03:54 PM

Yes! Thank you love. :)
I adore Shalom Brune-Franklin (actress), not sure of her name in the show....only on episode 2.
And the backdrop, as you said, is divine....and of course home. I have a lot of emotions around that. :)

:hug: ❤️

venuscat 03-08-2022 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tetrax (Post 7776158)
I agree The Tourist is a great show! A wicked humour to it. Anyway I'm about to go to bed on Day 7, to wake up a week dry. Happy sober slumber everyone :)

The humour really is clever. :)
I wanted to tell Dee that the Umbilical Brothers have a scene.....oh....I was so surprised and happy!!!
(They are a famous Aussie comedy duo).

Goodnight dear Tetrax. xx :hug: ❤️

Dee74 03-08-2022 05:40 PM

Thanks Suze and everyone - I'll get to the Tourist eventually :)

D

freedomfries 03-08-2022 09:13 PM

Day 1. In court today. Very nervous.

calmself 03-08-2022 09:53 PM

End of Day 115 - No signs of AV. Good night from Seattle!

Dee74 03-08-2022 10:31 PM

I hope your court date goes the way you want it to, FF.

D

BuddinK 03-08-2022 10:31 PM

Hello Marchers 0f 2022!!!!

I'm from the March class 0f 2013 and today is my 9 year anniversary since I had my last drink.

It sure wasn't easy at first but with the help of my classmates and the admins, I got through those immensely important first few days, weeks and even months. Eventually things got easier and easier.
Not everyday is perfect, far from it, but being able to deal with the issues that arise with a clear mind has made things easier.

Our Class had the luck of having a group that kept in contact here and for years, as Dee I'm sure will attest, we were one of the busiest , if not the busiest thread on this site. I can say without a doubt that being able to come here 24 hours a day 7 days a week and know there was someone to chat with saved me from falling off the edge on more than one occasion.

The specialness of a group that is going through the same feeling, fears and emotions is extremely strong, especially in those crucial first few days. As time went on our chats went from dealing with white knuckling and what to do with ourselves turned into caring for each other in all aspects of our lives.

In our Class, we have had people come and go, some because they felt they were strong enough to continue on their journey by themselves and I'm sure we lost some back to addiction. We have even had a few deaths in our Class.

My friends on this site have been here for me during every low point I've had in the past nine years, from deaths of my family members to broken bones and illnesses, loss of pets and numerous other issues. They have been more supportive to me than most of my non SR friends and family.

So, if I can give you any advice it would be, stay close to SR and your class, build as good of a plan as you possibly can and always remember, the days may be long but the years will be short.

Take Care and Stay Strong
Ken

Dee74 03-08-2022 10:48 PM

Thanks for sharing that Ken and congrats on nine years :)

D

RAL 03-08-2022 10:52 PM

Morning all

Suze-I'm exactly the same about TV. Think everyone must think me terribly boring but it is a relaxant for me and helps me focus on not drinking. Probably said this before I live miles from anywhere and there are no evening activities at all. Especially in winter. Everything shuts down. It's a case of putting the fire on and watching TV under a duvet, waiting for spring :)

FF-hope all goes as well as expected. Drinking won't help it or you.

Tetrax-congrats on 1 week sober :)

Citrus-well done on getting through the day and drive home

Day 10. Double figures. Feeling good. Lousy weather but so relieved not to have a hangover. Busy day today. meetings. The news is so terribly awful. God knows where it will all end. trying not to get too caught up in it and constantly watch it. That may sound selfish but I know worry can become all consuming especially for something we have no control over.

Hope everyone has a good day x

freedomfries 03-08-2022 11:43 PM

Congrats on nine years Ken

Erratic 03-09-2022 01:50 AM

well im back to day 1 again what else is there to say? got work tomo and i need to do this as my health is not the best now. if i dont do this i think this is going to kill me.sry for the bleakness but im just being frank. what is it going to take for me to get back on track!!! sry again.

Dee74 03-09-2022 02:33 AM

I’m glad you keep coming back erratic.

D

Jo43 03-09-2022 03:17 AM

Good morning all!! The sun is shining but its darn cold out there haha!! We are waiting on psychologist appointment as my girlie has a huge needle phobia bless her. Been on a roll though and sorted her meds, my blood test and my boys dr appointment. Always feels good when I get done what I need sorting! Reminds me that I never would have got this stuff done when I was drinking and hungover!!

Welcome Wildchild lovely to meet you.

Well done Citrus on driving home lovely!! A lovely dinner and an early night always sound like bliss to me!!

Ooooo I've not watched the tourist yet but I do love a bit of Jamie Dornan. He lives not too far from us. His mother in law works in my department at work :). I loved him in The Fall with Gillian Anderson even though he was a serial killer. Very good series if anyone has not seen it yet! Ive started watching All of us are dead. Very good about zombies but the subtitles do get a bit headachy after a while. I also love Motherland. About being a parent. Very British parenting so it does make me chuckle as it has moments of total me in it. When I was drinking and now!! Got to love a good series that you can binge watch!!!

Welcome back Erratic and well done for posting and being with us. Here's to your last day one xx

FF well done on day one and I really hope that court went as well as it could xx

Well done on Day 7 Tetrax!! Keep them coming xx

Awesome on day 115 Calm!! xx

Thank you so much for your post Ken. It really hits home how this is a daily choice and that surrounding yourself with support and love from people that understand is huge regardless of how long you have been sober for. Congratulations on 9 years!!!!! xx

So here's to our March 22 tribe!! and long may it continue! xx

RAL 03-09-2022 03:38 AM

Thanks for your post Ken 9 years is amazing.

Jo I love the fall too 👍

Good to see yiu back erratic. Dont be hard on yourself. Self care and kindness xx

venuscat 03-09-2022 05:45 AM

Originally Posted by BuddinK (Post 7776248)
Hello Marchers 0f 2022!!!!

I'm from the March class 0f 2013 and today is my 9 year anniversary since I had my last drink.

It sure wasn't easy at first but with the help of my classmates and the admins, I got through those immensely important first few days, weeks and even months. Eventually things got easier and easier.
Not everyday is perfect, far from it, but being able to deal with the issues that arise with a clear mind has made things easier.

Our Class had the luck of having a group that kept in contact here and for years, as Dee I'm sure will attest, we were one of the busiest , if not the busiest thread on this site. I can say without a doubt that being able to come here 24 hours a day 7 days a week and know there was someone to chat with saved me from falling off the edge on more than one occasion.

The specialness of a group that is going through the same feeling, fears and emotions is extremely strong, especially in those crucial first few days. As time went on our chats went from dealing with white knuckling and what to do with ourselves turned into caring for each other in all aspects of our lives.

In our Class, we have had people come and go, some because they felt they were strong enough to continue on their journey by themselves and I'm sure we lost some back to addiction. We have even had a few deaths in our Class.

My friends on this site have been here for me during every low point I've had in the past nine years, from deaths of my family members to broken bones and illnesses, loss of pets and numerous other issues. They have been more supportive to me than most of my non SR friends and family.

So, if I can give you any advice it would be, stay close to SR and your class, build as good of a plan as you possibly can and always remember, the days may be long but the years will be short.

Take Care and Stay Strong
Ken

I have the honour of being one of the people in the Mar 13 class thread. :)

Thrilled for you dearest Ken! Congratulations again! ❤️

venuscat 03-09-2022 05:49 AM

Love to all of you ❤️

Extra love for FF.....please let us know how it went. :hug: s xxxxx

I have a good memory, but I did not recognise Jamie Dornan from The Fall. I wonder if it is because I was frightened watching that show and I blocked it out? Hmmm..... :)
So funny that his mum-in-law works in your department Jo. Small world.