SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2021 Part 2 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/456624-class-december-2021-part-2-a.html)

calmself 12-15-2021 09:54 PM

Congrats to all the milestones folks achieved today! End of Day 33 for me, luckily AV does not even want to talk to me these days. Good night from Seattle!

RAL 12-15-2021 10:38 PM

Morning all

Congrats o day 3 Adam :)

Thanks for the wise words Patcha :)

Citrus-great result on getting through the thoughts. Eating really helps me. I need to eat earlier now.

Sounds like a lovely day Bodhi :)

Erratic - have a great day at work :)

Day 16. again I woke this morning with sheer relief and gratitude that I didn't drink last night. Better sleep too so think the AV thoughts have passed. I know it is normal to have them -it's the dealing with them which I need to work on. It's pretty easy for me to stay sober when no AV creeping around. It's using the tools I've learnt and NOT drinking when the AV is screaming in my ear that I need to be aware of.

Hope everyone has a great day x

freedomfries 12-15-2021 10:51 PM

Day 7. One week. Since I stopped antabuse in August, I haven't made it past day 10ish. Lots of AV but I don't see myself drinking anytime soon.

Bit of a rough few days. Was slightly psychotic yesterday and Tuesday. But at least I was largely aware I was psychotic so the meds are giving me some insight. I didn't totally go off the deep end. Very depressed, anxious yesterday. Just generally not good. I was consuming a lot of caffeine which I suppose doesn't help. I should really have ativan which would help but naturally I've burned through my script. :/

Going to try and fight the depression a little bit today. Try and do things and not just lie in bed.

In terms of things I'm doing for my sobriety today, I'm going to take my acamprosate and start re reading the AVRT discussions on SR, lots of good information there.

I was listening to This Naked Mind and apparently to fully withdraw from alcohol takes 10 days, so some of my bad feelings could just be withdrawal, and I haven't given myself to properly withdraw since August, so hopefully in a few days things will look up.

RAL 12-15-2021 10:59 PM

Congrats on 1 week FF :)

freedomfries 12-16-2021 12:10 AM

Thanks RAL.

Wastinglife 12-16-2021 12:50 AM

I spent yesterday slowly tapering with beer. Just woke up after 3 hours of sleep and hands have stop shaking for now. Today will be day 1 if the withdrawal symptoms are milder. Last beer was 3 hours ago so probably a few more hours before I know if I can stop completely.

QuitWhileAhead 12-16-2021 02:13 AM

Good morning class!

I slept really hard last night, it’s a strange feeling to be honest, drinking never allowed me to sleep this deep. Don’t take me wrong, I love it, I’m just not used to waking up by the alarm!

When I was drinking I would often wake up with a racing heart in the middle of the night, which usually led me to say “f*** it” and just get up and start my day at 2 am. Even when my racing heart didn’t me up, my sleep was shallow and I never really got that deep, satisfying sleep.

I knew all this of course, and yet I kept going year after year after year… It’s interesting what we do to ourselves, isn’t it?

Sobertoday54 12-16-2021 02:30 AM

Good morning to everyone. Day #2 begins. Instead of drinking last night, I walked our dog and read a book. I never drink until after 5:00 pm, so I have my day planned with an activity that doesn’t involve alcohol. I’m getting my day started and making coffee. I sincerely wish everyone a sober day. Today, again, I will not drink.

venuscat 12-16-2021 05:19 AM

Onward together dear ST54 :) :hug: s ❤️

And :grouphug:

Sobertoday54 12-16-2021 05:44 AM

Thank you VenusCat. I appreciate the support.

Citrus 12-16-2021 05:48 AM

Good morning class. :)
So glad I made it through yesterday. I too had a good night sleep, so nice when that settles back to normal. I always have troubles falling asleep, even with booze in me. Sleep meditations really help.

So happy to wake up and read all of your posts. :)

Welcome ST54!!

Time to go make some tea... or coffee, not sure which I want!

RAL 12-16-2021 07:52 AM

Welcome ST54

So glad you got through Citrus :)

Hope you're ok WL.

Yes very strange what we put ourselves through QWA.

So end of the working week for me. Had a good week, amazing how much more productive and positive I am when sober. And calmer. Going to binge netflix tonight then tomorrow 8am meeting, wrap pressies, walk, do housework, some studying. Looking forward to a productive Friday instead of waking up with a banging headache.

Erratic 12-16-2021 09:09 AM

evening x
great job on 7 days FF
hang in there wasting life x
totally understand QWA x i have very deep sleeps also x
welcome sober and good job on day 2 x
RAL glad ur finished ur work week and good job on day 16 x

I was lucky today as our delivery was late and i fnished before it turned up, so what a bonus for me. Went to the shop with hub and didnt even flinch and look at the poison isle. The book im reading suggest i call alcohol and witching hour a name, so i can name it and work on telling it to go. so still thinking of a name for the poison time. The book also ask for you to journal alot which i havent yet started as i do a little journal anyway, but it asks for u to do certain questions, which i will once finished the book. Anyway just thought i would share as i have been a little quiet. hub has bandpractice tonight as he has a gig on sat, told him today i wont be going as i am not drinking and not putting myself in a place just now while im early on being sober. I dont always have a problem drinking while out as my time was at home at all sorts of time, but doing what i feel best. I may change my mind, prob wont though, so i will be all alone on sat night, which i will just have early night.

right will leave it there, wont droan on. might catch u a little later, but i prob go to bed early x have good evening x

Danglez 12-16-2021 10:42 AM

Day 23 and my last day of work for 2021

Work lunch went to plan and made it out unscathed

Have mum and my brother here, they both sat around drinking last night and it didn't seem to bother me in the least, had my lime & soda's and all was good

Some admin work to do today, leaving my kids with their mother until sunday evening, having some alone time and spend some time with my lady for the next couple of days.

Feeling good, need to get back to my normal diet and exercise habits, too many take aways while I have visitors haha.

Keep it going fam!! We got this!

Dan

Scott2295 12-16-2021 03:23 PM

Hi everyone. I haven’t had much time to post today until now. Day 26 and heading into the evening. Feeling pretty good. I still think about my drinking a lot. Not that I want to drink but instead about how much I don’t want to drink anymore. It’s kind of always with me. It will be nice when I don’t think about it anymore but I have no idea how long that’s going to take.

Welcome ST54.

Calm - congrats on 33 days.

RAL - congrats on 16 days.

FF - one week is a great accomplishment. I have to be really careful with the caffeine myself. It’s a little like drinking alcohol in that I have one cup and want another. The difference is I can stop drinking coffee and I can’t stop the alcohol if I start.

WL - I hope you had a Day 1 today. If not, tomorrow?

OWA - I can really relate to your sleep issues when drinking. I would wake a 3am every night with my heart pounding. I could hear and feel it. I hated that. I love being able to sleep now.

Citrus - I’m glad you made it through yesterday. What kind of meditation are you doing to help you sleep?

Erratic - It’s probably a good idea to not go to the gig. I’m supposed to meet some old friends next week at a bar. I’m not worried about drinking but just not feeling right about it at this point. There is also a major Covid run in Minnesota right now. Even though I’m vaccinated, I still don’t want to get even a mild case.

Dan - congrats on Day 23. I’m sure it will be nice to have a chunk of time off over the holidays.

Have a good night friends.

Citrus 12-16-2021 03:34 PM

Scott congrats on day 26! You are doing amazing.
I use and app called Insight Timer for all most all of my meditating. They have a ton of guided meditations for just about any topic you could think of.

freedomfries 12-16-2021 05:58 PM

Day 8. Lots of psychosis yesterday which wasn't fun. Hopefully today is better. At least when I'm psychotic I'm too overwhelmed to leave the house or I probably would have drank. :/ Alcohol would have taken the edge off it.

Dee74 12-16-2021 06:29 PM

Alcohol would have taken the edge off it.
I know its hard FF but I'd try and not think of alcohol as any kind of positive. For drinkers like you and me, its not.
Take drinking completely off the table as any kind of viable option.

Citrus 12-16-2021 06:37 PM

FF to me it sounds a lot like very loud AV telling you that alcohol could take the edge off. Because I know if I had any alcohol I would be up for a whole lot of anxiety and misery.

Hubby has pulled beer out of nowhere and is drinking. I doubt he will be feeling the best in the morning. Oh well.

Wastinglife 12-16-2021 07:27 PM

I am done my taper. I slept and shakiness in my hands is gone. No beer in the house and ready to abstain completely without any withdrawal symptoms. Now time to have a bath because I can't remember the last time I bathed. I think it was 3 days ago but I've been lying in bed for that long pretty much trying to fall asleep and haven't been keeping track of time.