SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of May 2020 part 16 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/455832-class-may-2020-part-16-a.html)

Willow00 10-19-2021 01:22 PM

What? It’s not flat? He definitely must be in on it :lmao
Hugs back to everyone :grouphug:

TiredCarpenter 10-19-2021 02:44 PM

Nice and warm in the living room. Nice afternoon sun shining in.
Cold out.
I’d love to nap but have a front stair to rebuild.

I’m a bit crunchy today. (grouchy).

Have a nice day friends.
:supercool

Wastinglife 10-20-2021 12:36 PM

I have a bit of a cold with stuffy nose and I was thinking about how I never called in sick to work when I was actually sick. I only called in when I was too hungover or still drunk from the night before. So not only was I an unproductive employee because of my drinking, but I also was a health risk to other employees by going in sick. All in all, I was a terrible employee haha.

Hope everyone is well

Willow00 10-20-2021 01:52 PM

Hi everyone :wavey:

I hope you’re feeling better soon WL.
I reckon you probably weren’t as bad an employee as you think you were. I think we all carry way more guilt than we need to. I know I do anyway. I even feel guilty about silly things that I really shouldn’t feel bad about. I’m trying to stop the guilty feelings invading my head space.

I’m actually feeling pretty tired and headachey and feel just yuck this morning. Not hungover though.I’m blaming the moon lol.

The big boss is coming to work today so I had a huge drink of water and took some paracetamol (I think that’s like tylenol elsewhere?) Acitaminophen. No idea why it has a different name. But I digress.
I feel like staying in bed, but I won’t be taking a sickie either. Hopefully the headache settles, but if it’s too bad, I will tell them at work today.

I hope the moon releases us from it’s grip soon. Although I think I’ll try to photograph it tonight :)
I

TiredCarpenter 10-20-2021 08:40 PM

Still sober. Kind-of sleepy.
Watching CSI.

G’night folks.

Sober369 10-21-2021 05:34 AM

I sure hope you feel better, WL and Willow.
I was a terrible employee, too. To keep from being too hungover at work, I use to get high on the way, and then sometimes at lunch. Then, I would leave right after 3 some days. But, I had some good work times, too. Mostly during sober periods, though.
TC, you are always working on a project. I bet your house and yard look fantastic! I've been away from mine for nearly a year, and I've been thinking a lot recently of projects I want to do when I get home. Where to begin, there is so much.
I'm off today and again have lots and lots of chores and tasks to do.
Have a wonderful sober day or night! :bbq

venuscat 10-21-2021 06:25 AM

This is for TC :)

I am a very happy camper....this was my favourite TV show ever....and now Grisham and Sara are back! :)

TiredCarpenter 10-21-2021 02:03 PM

It’s good T.V. venus!

Karen, hopefully the end result of all these projects will be a house that looks closer to normal.
Some projects are long overdue. Some are to get some wonky looking DIY items replaced with normal.

My dream project would be to re-side the house and garage, get them modern and matching: maybe next year if we don’t sell by then. (two of us and some pets don’t really need 6 bedrooms and 2 baths).
It’s a humble looking home. The type that you might drive past 40 times without ever really seeing it.

Built another stair today.

I should nap. :inbed

Be well friends.

TiredCarpenter 10-21-2021 02:15 PM

I had to strip and scrape the rusty old metal stair stringers and repaint them. I replaced to old yucky boards with treated lumber and, of course, new bolts. (painted the bolt heads)
https://i.postimg.cc/QxjZrgw5/CC1475...57-E362-C7.jpg

Have to work in the garage now. It’s a bit to cool outside. Was -8C (bit below 18F) til about 10 a.m. is warmer now though.

Will check out Reformers Unanimous tomorrow. Is faith based recovery. They have a 2 hour session each Friday night at a church on the outskirts of town.

ciao

venuscat 10-21-2021 02:20 PM

Beautiful job dear TC. :) ❤️

Dee74 10-21-2021 03:08 PM

looking good TC :)

D

Sober369 10-21-2021 03:20 PM

Gosh, TC, to be able to do that is wonderful. It looks great.
I've never watched CSI and I'm looking for something to watch, so I will give it a shot. Thanks TC and Venus.
I had a busy day just cleaning up and doing the wash, etc. Nothing much new here.

venuscat 10-21-2021 04:50 PM

It really is such a good show. :)
I hope you enjoy it Karen.

Willow00 10-21-2021 07:17 PM

I love CSI :)

Great stairs TC :)

I’m still tired and headachey and grumpy to boot. Gotta snap out of it!

TiredCarpenter 10-21-2021 10:38 PM

I hope the headache will subside soon Willow.

I used to, on rare occasion, get a migraine. So intense once, that I had to throw up.
I’ve made an effort to get some thiamine in me. (Vit b1) We deplete this with our drinking. In fact the RAAM clinic also prescribed them for me. Another item (supplement) I have taken was Gaba. I got it at the health food place. You chew it up, keep it under your tongue for a bit. It seems to ease stress.

I no longer get headaches. I think the b1 and the gaba help me with that in equal measure. {Disclaimer
; confer with your Doctor.}

The ‘no meds’ approach was to lay in a quiet, dark, place with a cool damp cloth over my eyes. Worked really well for me.
I too am grumpy. I find that swearing a lot seems to help. :lmao

Have a good thing.

Sober369 10-22-2021 06:12 PM

It must be the moon, because I was grumpy today, too. Not the whole time.
I sure hope the headache eases, Willow!
I have to be up early, so I'll go.
Hugs to all.

TiredCarpenter 10-23-2021 10:35 AM

My province (like a state in USA).
160 000 miles of roadway. Sask. is about the size of Texas.

https://i.postimg.cc/j275RKNh/EE4-C2...1216-B6689.jpg

This old map (1925 ish)shows all the small towns. Many still exist. Some have vanished and are just an intersection,
Interesting stuff.

Have a good, decent, sober day! happyface:

TiredCarpenter 10-24-2021 08:52 AM

40 days sober today!!
I’ll start by celebrating with a coffee. :23:

It has been a few years since I had a day count of this size. (I think).
I have to be careful to do the work each day and stay in contact.
I’ve regressed a bit lately and need to tighten my shtuff up a bit. Gotta get to a meeting, gotta talk to a member.

There’s a gentle rain falling this morning. It’s cool and fresh out.
So nice. happyface:

Be well friends.

venuscat 10-24-2021 09:24 AM

Congrats on 40 days dear TC :) :hug: xx

TiredCarpenter 10-24-2021 10:46 AM

Things I’m grateful for at 40 days:
Cleary eyes, clear mind (mostly :lmao), no shakes, no sweats, no insomnia, good tummy, good sleep, good poops, no hallucinations, good appetite, better esteem, huge drop in anxiety, much more happiness and hope. :)

I’m sure other plusses will come to mind.
I’d hate to lose these things by picking up in a moment of thoughtlessness. I have to remember to be ever-vigilant.
Having a healthy fear of what havoc alcohol can bring is useful as well, I think.
I texted my sponsor while writing this. He’ll meet me for coffee at 2 p.m. today. (simple, right)
I don’t why I was so afraid of making good choices. Wasn’t quite ready then, I guess.

I hope your day is decent and comfortable.