SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of June Support Thread Part 1 2021 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/454040-class-june-support-thread-part-1-2021-a.html)

Anna 06-03-2021 04:45 PM

Jo, good job on day 46. :)

For anyone who's interested, we have a great Book List compiled by our members:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...ependence.html

Rar 06-03-2021 04:52 PM

I k ew there was a list, Anna so went in search of it. I’ve read several and plan on reading more.

Dee74 06-03-2021 05:50 PM

Welcome hopingwishing and Jewel :)

D

Jewel72 06-03-2021 06:09 PM

Finally, 24 hours with no wine. This must be last day one ever. Off to bed.
see you tomorrow.

Rar 06-04-2021 03:42 AM

Good Morning Everyone. Congrats Jewel on finishing Day 1. Well done!

I didn’t sleep well AGAIN last night and once again feel out of sorts. Maybe I’m eating too much sugar. I’m gobbling candy like crazy.

AL48 06-04-2021 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Rar (Post 7645128)
Good Morning Everyone. Congrats Jewel on finishing Day 1. Well done!

I didn’t sleep well AGAIN last night and once again feel out of sorts. Maybe I’m eating too much sugar. I’m gobbling candy like crazy.

Yes Rar went through the same thing with sleep and sugar cravings. I asked the question about my sweet tooth earlier in the year and its down to all the sugar consumption in alcohol. So i had to change my diet big time. I now use honey and Artificial sweeteners on cereal deserts ect when i have to and i switched to dark chocolate (caramel and salt) but only a little and lots of fruit mind you that caused its own issues at the start😄. As for the sleep it will come and it will be so good. I've never slept better than i do now. Good luck i hope its some help to you

TheHook210 06-04-2021 05:00 AM

I’m in for June. 12th day today. Back here after a two year hiatus. Think I maybe made it one weekend and a few days last time before my brain convinced me I don’t have a problem as I only get totally trashed on the weekends. Binge drinking has affected my health way too much at this point. It’s actually funny really, at about day 7 I realized alcohol was to blame for pretty much every issue I was having not to mention the time I’ve lost due to hangovers and staying in bed on the weekend until I was feeling well enough to start up again the next day. What waste of life that was. I feel better than I ever have in a very long time. The thoughts of drinking still bother me but I know that part will get better. It’s my birthday weekend this weekend. Looking forward to dinner and a movie tonight and a visit with my mom Saturday.

venuscat 06-04-2021 05:09 AM

Welcome back TheHook! :)
And congrats on your sober time. :) :hug: s
I am betting you will have a wonderful birthday. ❤️

LoveHateWhine 06-04-2021 05:15 AM

Good Morning all....

Day 5 here for me. Welcome to those who just joined!!! Some general comments:

The insomnia does get better over time, so do sugar cravings, vivid dreams, sluggishness, etc. I wish I wasn't able to say that because I have been down this road far too many times over the years and so have experienced it all.

TheHook210 - your post sounds just like me over the past few years. I also just returned after a long hiatus. The lost time due to hangovers and staying in bed on the weekend was such a waste of life. In fact, I used those same words to my fiancee just the other day. I will no longer waste days....life is too short. Have a happy birthday!

What's everyone have planned for the weekend? Other than a surprise birthday party tomorrow and golf on Sunday afternoon, I am just laying low.

venuscat 06-04-2021 05:17 AM

Good morning dear LoveHateWhine :) :hug: ❤️

Jewel72 06-04-2021 05:50 AM

Welcome back, Hook! Happy Birthday weekend I am so sick of wasting my life away to alcohol. Let’s start fully living again.

On to day 2. Already feel the body detoxing and healing. I’m going to work out this morning then take the kids to the pool this afternoon. We have a gathering at a friends house tomorrow, but thankfully they don’t drink.

I’ll check back later.

Boondock 06-04-2021 05:55 AM

Good morning everyone, It's day 5 for me yesterday I was the cookie monster I ate a whole pack of oreos over the day. I had really good sleep but a strange dream about a hot dog vending machine and a evil seaweed being. I've been taking melatonin and it's been working for me when it comes to sleeping. As for the weekend tomorrows my birthday turning 49. Birthdays aren't as exciting as they used to be the closer you get to 50 LOL. Other than that just laying low watching TV, taking walks on the beach, bike riding and reading etc....I hope everyone has a wonderful day.

venuscat 06-04-2021 06:18 AM

My gosh.....another birthday. :) Wow. Happy Birthday for tomorrow dear Boondock! :) :bc8

I have heard that melatonin can make for some very strange dreams. xx

venuscat 06-04-2021 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by Jewel72 (Post 7645197)
Welcome back, Hook! Happy Birthday weekend I am so sick of wasting my life away to alcohol. Let’s start fully living again.

On to day 2. Already feel the body detoxing and healing. I’m going to work out this morning then take the kids to the pool this afternoon. We have a gathering at a friends house tomorrow, but thankfully they don’t drink.

I’ll check back later.

Good morning Jewel honey :) :hug: ❤️

Shitzupuppy 06-04-2021 07:51 AM

I’m in. Excited to improve my life. I also signed up for a 6 week yoga and meditation class.

venuscat 06-04-2021 08:26 AM

Welcome to the group dear Shitzupuppy! :) :hug: ❤️

someday147 06-04-2021 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Shitzupuppy (Post 7645276)
I’m in. Excited to improve my life. I also signed up for a 6 week yoga and meditation class.

Welcome Shitzupuppy :) Oh a yoga and meditation class sounds great, one of the many gifts of sobriety :)

Anna 06-04-2021 10:40 AM

Shitzupuppy, yoga and meditation will be tools that will help you so much with your recovery.

Happy 49th, Boondock. :bday Good job on Day 5.

Jewel, your Day 2 plan sounds good.

Dee74 06-04-2021 02:16 PM

Welcome SP and TheHook210 :)

many happy returns Boondocks and TheHook :)

D

Rar 06-05-2021 02:27 AM

Good Morning Class. Starting Day 6 after another sleepless night. I passed the time eating candy and woke up to a pile of candy wrappers on the bedside table and a blah feeling. This is madness. I gained 30 lbs when I resumed drinking and became reclusive because I was ashamed to be seen in public. Now I have to fight the alcohol AND the food and sugar. 😩. 🐷

Im learning to play Mahjongg and Saturday mornings groups of folks get together to play. I haven’t done much to challenge my brain other than read, so this is good for brain exercise. I’m looking forward to it.

Wishing all a happy sober Saturday.