SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of April 2021 Support Thread Part Two (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/453442-class-april-2021-support-thread-part-two.html)

venuscat 05-06-2021 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by ee1979 (Post 7632486)
Hello everyone,

Just wanted to pop in here and say hi! I was in the Class of April 2020, and this time I actually managed to get sober - 399 days today. The support on here in attaining my sobriety was invaluable, and being able to share your innermost fears and demons with other, like-minded people is a massively powerful tool (in my opinion at least). I tried, and failed, so many times to find my sobriety, and would often hate to even come on here in fear of failing again.

I like the expression 'fail better next time'. Keep on trying, keep on coming back. If you f~*& it up, dust yourself down, and try again. My SR is a truly inspiring place, full of wonderful, supportive and empathetic people. I feel immensely lucky to have been around these forums over the last years, and I don't know that I would have got to where I have without everyone here.

All the best of sober wishes going out to the Class of April 2021 - you guys can do it!

Congrats dear ee1979!!! :)
So great to hear you are doing so weII.

Awesome post!! :) :hug: s ❤️❤️

venuscat 05-06-2021 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by Ladytron (Post 7632501)
Hi everyone, I haven’t posted for a while I’ve been crazy busy with work and family. Hugs to you Willow, dust yourself off honey. Thank you for such an inspiring post ee, it’s so good to read and gives me hope. Hope everyone else is doing well, weekend four coming up for me. I am fine Monday to Thursday but weekends are tough!

With you right through the weekend dear Ladytron :hug: s ❤️

phebe 05-06-2021 06:27 AM

Thank you for sharing that painful update Mariah, to us, in this safe place. All of us need to hear it, and we empathize the situation better with our own struggles. And we are here for you as you go thru it.

May we all be free of our addictions. 🙏

venuscat 05-06-2021 06:30 AM

Amen ❤️

venuscat 05-06-2021 06:31 AM

And phebe ~ I have been meaning to mention that your signature is my motto in Iife.
It has been very important to me with regards to understanding myseIf as I adapt to Iife in America. :hug: s xx ❤️

ee1979 05-06-2021 07:02 AM

Thank you! How are you doing these days Venus?

venuscat 05-06-2021 07:05 AM

I have been a mushroom through covid pretty much....and now I am emerging from the dark and pIanting and creating a magicaI garden. :)

I am sIowIy shedding the unwanted pounds that found their way to me in the past year, getting excited about Iife again :) and today....yay!!! finaIIy enjoying some sunshine.

phebe 05-06-2021 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7632597)
And phebe ~ I have been meaning to mention that your signature is my motto in Iife.
It has been very important to me with regards to understanding myseIf as I adapt to Iife in America. :hug: s xx ❤️

Aw! I forget my signature! And I can’t see it now on iPhone. Is it the Confucius one? I used to use that for everything... 🙏

venuscat 05-06-2021 10:34 AM

Yes :) xx

Ladytron 05-06-2021 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7632586)
With you right through the weekend dear Ladytron :hug: s ❤️

. Thank you Venus ❤️ Added another string to my bow for the weekend by attending an online SMART meeting this evening, I will definitely go back, it was eye opening for me. Mariah, I know you don’t want sympathy but are hugs okay? I have nephews similar age, I’d be devastated if this was happening to them. I also know what you mean about alcohol taking so much from your fsmily, same here. But we are here, doing this to fight back and not let it take us, so, pretty heroic I’d say. Goodnight everyone feeling very hopeful after that meeting tonight ❤️

venuscat 05-06-2021 02:28 PM

:) Nite dear Ladytron :hug: ❤️

dickensen 05-06-2021 02:32 PM

Alcohol is such a dangerous chemical. It takes our money, our time, our self respect, our freedom, our health, and for some their lives. A good friend just lost a 31 year old grandson to cirrhosis. What a tragedy.

Willow00 05-06-2021 02:43 PM

Thanks for sharing your stories Mariah and Dickensen ❤️
We do need to hear these things to remind us of the tragic consequences of drinking.
My heart breaks for everyone involved. It’s a good reminder to not let that happen to our family due to our own drinking. We need to get off the crazy merry-go-round of drinking, because it’s such a dangerous ride and brings so much heartache.
Sending love to you all ❤️

Willow00 05-06-2021 02:45 PM

Hugs back Ladytron :hug:
I find weekends the hardest too. I’ll be sticking close to SR this weekend

phebe 05-06-2021 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7632778)
Thanks for sharing your stories Mariah and Dickensen ❤️
We do need to hear these things to remind us of the tragic consequences of drinking.
My heart breaks for everyone involved. It’s a good reminder to not let that happen to our family due to our own drinking. We need to get off the crazy merry-go-round of drinking, because it’s such a dangerous ride and brings so much heartache.
Sending love to you all ❤️

Well said Willow🤗

venuscat 05-06-2021 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by dickensen (Post 7632775)
Alcohol is such a dangerous chemical. It takes our money, our time, our self respect, our freedom, our health, and for some their lives. A good friend just lost a 31 year old grandson to cirrhosis. What a tragedy.

:( So very sorry to hear this :hug: s

Willow00 05-06-2021 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by phebe (Post 7632787)
Well said Willow🤗

It’s so true, sadly ❤️

Phebe I wanted to add to what Suze said, I love your signature too!
Wherever I go, there I am.
(No matter where you go, there you are)

Suze, you’re such an inspiration to us all ❤️ :hug: x

venuscat 05-06-2021 03:37 PM

❤️

phebe 05-06-2021 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Willow68 (Post 7632789)
It’s so true, sadly ❤️

Phebe I wanted to add to what Suze said, I love your signature too!
Wherever I go, there I am.
(No matter where you go, there you are)

Suze, you’re such an inspiration to us all ❤️ :hug: x

That’s it! Thank you for reflecting it back to me💗❤️💘

Dee74 05-06-2021 06:40 PM

time for a new thread guys :)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...art-three.html

D