SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part One (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452614-class-march-support-thread-2021-part-one.html)

RAL 03-10-2021 12:35 PM

Great result there Phoebe :)

oh Venus that's so stressful. Here we get a letter with an appointment time on it. Though Mr RAL not been done yet and he is 64. No health issues though. They did all the over 65s now doing the 16-64 with health issues. 60-64 healthy next so hopefully he will get it in the next month. He's same as you, won't go anywhere till he's had it done. HOpe you get it soon.xx

venuscat 03-10-2021 01:08 PM

Gosh, Ietters with appt times wouId be nice. :)
I tried again...3 different pIaces. No Iuck.
Next week they are starting mass vaccination sites here, so I wiII see how Nick feeIs about taking me to one of those. :dunno:

phoebe64 03-10-2021 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 7603650)
Oh, I'm sorry - I didn't read back through the previous posts...I just saw that one.

I see you worked it out, that's excellent. :)

Oh gosh, no apology needed! I was just explaining. It was a great suggestion. 😊

phoebe64 03-10-2021 02:05 PM

Witching hour here. Just reading and checking in to distract myself.

venuscat 03-10-2021 02:14 PM

So what is for dinner tonight Phoebe Iove?
You are such a chef....I aIways Iove hearing about the food you are making. :) :hug: s

phoebe64 03-10-2021 06:13 PM

Lol, you remember. I made pizza. Son has it plain, just cheese, no sauce. Hubs and I had sausage, onion and spinach with red sauce. The sausages and sauce were leftover, very efficient. But, a cheat on my way of eating. Then, I processed a beef tenderloin from a Costco delivery. Froze the steaks, and will give some to daughter to bring to her apartment. She doesn’t cook much or eat much protein, but she likes this. It’s no fuss and lean(now that I did the work, lol).

I was busy!

RAL 03-10-2021 11:13 PM

Morning all

Sounds yummy Phoebe :) Hope you got through the witching hour :)

Good luck with getting a vaccine appointment today Venus.xx

How are you doing Citrus?

Day 5. Slept reasonably well. Just grateful to wake up sober. Making plans for the weekend to keep busy. Off to work now.
Take care all.xx

sortofhomecomin 03-11-2021 02:22 AM

Morning all. I'm glad to wake up without a hangover and a relatively clear head.

Willow00 03-11-2021 02:23 AM

I’m going to join in and say hi everyone :wavey: and I made it through the witching hours today (5pm-8pm today and on all of my workdays, but pretty much all day on non-working days). I didn’t drink today, phew. I’m off to bed so I’ll check in again tomorrow. Night all.

FreeOwl 03-11-2021 02:24 AM

last night's bedtime post.... life is going grand, save for a wicked migraine from a low pressure system moving into the area.

My past 12 day have been characterized by my:

watching the sunrise again, every day - the single greatest way to connect with spirit for me.... conscious contact with God as I understand God....
seeking to change myself in positive ways with a consistent focus on being more helpful to my wife and more committed and disciplined at keeping house...
seeking to be a force of positive change in our family - amid the pandemic over the past year, a lot of triggering and dysfunctional patterns have been developed..... my choice to seek change in those patterns by seeking to change myself is now being mirrored by my kids, my wife, even employees.....
focusing on really keeping on top of my business and following through....

Very good things are happening.

The headache has me nauseous and in pain.... but man, am I grateful tonight.

My eldest made a wonderful dinner. The kids have each taken a turn this week in an in-house cooking contest.... we've had three meals together as a family.... that's the first time we've had three consecutive meals together in as long as I can remember.

I know that not all of this is BECAUSE of my not smoking weed..... but I also know that if I was still smoking weed, my part in this would not have been nearly as present, powerful or consistent.

This morning the headache has subsided, I'm exceedingly tired. Sudden low pressure systems really have a potent and uncomfortable effect on me.

But now it is Day 13.

My daughter was already up when I got up at 5..... smiling at me.

Life Is Good.

This is The Way.

Day 13 cannabis-free.

Day 2,630 sober

venuscat 03-11-2021 05:11 AM

:) :hug: s

https://i.imgur.com/LoZApEg.gif

venuscat 03-11-2021 12:03 PM

I feeI as if I am the TwiIight Zone today.....no posts on so many threads....did I somehow stumbIe into another dimension? :fright: :)

Willow00 03-11-2021 01:02 PM

I dreamed that I was in some really really weird places last night, maybe it was the Twilight Zone Suze .... :)

It sounds like you are having really beautiful moments with your family Free Owl. I hope the effects of the low pressure system ease off soon. My Mum always blamed the weather for headaches, mainly the changes in atmospheric pressure. It affects me similarly too.

I’m starting out on day 2 after several recent blips on the radar.... Have a good day everyone :)

venuscat 03-11-2021 01:09 PM

Hope you have a fab Friday Iove! :) :hug: ❤️

Willow00 03-11-2021 01:15 PM

Thanks Suze :hug: ❤️

Erratic 03-11-2021 09:10 PM

morning just wanted to come in, im not on day 1 ha, im on day 2 which i rather come back instead of day 1 if u understand. so i am going for another 24hrs, good to see everyone and how they are doing. Will check in when can, got work this morning so i will prob end up back in bed after work for a wee nap.

good going everyone xx

RAL 03-12-2021 01:46 AM

Morning all

Hi Willow :)

sortofhomecoming-it's a great feeling isn't it. I've woke up thinking the same every day this week. Just sheer utter relief I didn't drink last night.

Freeowl-hope your migraine clears. I know what a killer they can be :( Great you were able to be present with your family.

Congrats on day 2 Erratic :) Great to see you back.

Day 6 here. Just weighed myself and surprised I didn't put on weight. Feeling positive and ready to continue. Get back on track. Busy day ahead.
Take care all.x

FreeOwl 03-12-2021 02:28 AM

Originally Posted by Erratic (Post 7604375)
morning just wanted to come in, im not on day 1 ha, im on day 2 which i rather come back instead of day 1 if u understand. so i am going for another 24hrs, good to see everyone and how they are doing. Will check in when can, got work this morning so i will prob end up back in bed after work for a wee nap.

good going everyone xx

KEEP GOING ERRATIC!!!!

another 24!

OverthePanic 03-12-2021 04:19 AM

Just checking in on day 12..so happy to not be waking up with hangovers. My sleep is so much better too.Have gotten a lot of painting done the last few days which is great as I'd just put it off for so long.

Freeowl your doing amazing. I really love reading your posts :tyou

phoebe64 03-12-2021 08:14 AM

Agree with others, FreeOwl. I’m grateful you’re here with us sharing your experience wisdom. You’re a sober buddy with a foot in both worlds, newly quitting, but with great tools and wisdom from your alcohol recovery. 💕

RAL, I am surprised I’ve lost another pound or two, but, there was a lot of calories in that wine. So, it balances out against the snacking I’ve done.

Im happy to report I got vaccine appointments today. That’s a relief. I start Monday with the first one. It’s a bit of a drive, but rural, not stressful. It’s at CVS.

V, have you had any luck yet? CVS loaded up a lot of appointments today in my state.