SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part One (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452614-class-march-support-thread-2021-part-one.html)

sortofhomecomin 03-04-2021 03:56 PM

I didn't drink today. Whew.

OverthePanic 03-04-2021 04:06 PM

Thanks to you all for your warm welcome.Tucked up in bed now hoping to sleep a bit better tonight. My hubby had a few beers earlier so extra win for me I've stuffed myself with food today and have done for the last few days but at least it's not alchohol.

Bodhi02 03-04-2021 06:43 PM

Hi All,

Just wanted to quickly check in. I’m 4 weeks alcohol free and just realized 4 months cigarette free!

venuscat 03-05-2021 05:07 AM

Congrats dear Bodhi!!!! :) :) :) :) ❤️

OverthePanic 03-05-2021 05:25 AM

That's fantastic Bodhi 😃

silversky 03-05-2021 06:49 AM

OverthePanic -- I love your name too, especially the "Over" part. I saw your post about driving and can relate. The pandemic hasn't helped as there's less places to drive or "practice" driving I call it. I try to drink little or no coffee before, which makes a difference. Hangovers also were a disaster for my driving, as you well know. Keep practicing.

Everyone: O my goodness, those lonely dark nights of the soul we've all suffered. I'm finally getting 8-9 hours of real sleep most nites. One of the greatest benefits of sobriety. It gets better. Keep going everyone. :umbrella:

OverthePanic 03-06-2021 04:10 AM

Thanks silversky, yeah it's been a big part of wanting to give up the anxiety of driving but I'm usually ok after not drinking for a week or so and it's a week tomorrow so I'm glad about that..I'm driving nearly 20 years it's just crazy.. I'm in Ireland and were only allowed go 5km from home anyway so wont be going anywhere really except shopping anyway for another month or so at least. 😬😀

venuscat 03-06-2021 05:08 AM

When I got sober in Feb 2013 I had gotten to the stage that driving was terrifying me. ReaIIy scary. But after being sober a week, oh wow, it was SO much better. No more over-sensitive eyes etc. More reIaxed. Better co-ordination. :) :hug: s

Scott2295 03-06-2021 05:35 AM

Morning all - I just wanted to say hi to the March class. It looks to be a beautiful day and I can’t wait to get outside. I hope everyone has a great day.

venuscat 03-06-2021 05:40 AM

I was wondering how warm it is going to be where you are Scott ~ it wiII be IoveIy here, CoIumbus OH, but not quite warm enough for me. :)
Hope you have a IoveIy day! :) ❤️

Scott2295 03-06-2021 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7601638)
I was wondering how warm it is going to be where you are Scott ~ it wiII be IoveIy here, CoIumbus OH, but not quite warm enough for me. :)
Hope you have a IoveIy day! :) ❤️

The forecast is for 50F today in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area. Not toasty but better than what we’ve had. We have 68F forecast for Tuesday. That’s unusual for us this time of year.

venuscat 03-06-2021 05:53 AM

:) Nice.

FreeOwl 03-06-2021 05:58 AM

Last night, the northern lights came out and we watched them beneath a breathtaking night sky of ten zillion stars as a family.

This morning, my eldest daughter and I went sunrising together out on the ice shelves of the lake and I talked with her about my own sense of spirit, of higher power, of self-esteem and how all these things connect to our overall wellness in the world. She'd been talking the night before about her struggles with relationships as she tries to navigate that period of teen-hood that we all know so well, when our selves are shaped and challenged.

These moments of life, of spirit, of beautiful presence - are the reasons that being sober and drug-free are so important.

To BE in these moments is the most rewarding and cherished experience of life.

It's the simple but deeply powerful, the divine and the beautiful.

No 'buzz' compares.

No 'high' can come close to these heights.

Day Eight of no cannabis begins, here in Year Eight of sobriety.

Happy Clean And Sober Day, All!!

venuscat 03-06-2021 06:02 AM

What a beautifuI post dear FreeOwI!!! :) :hug: s ❤️❤️

OverthePanic 03-06-2021 07:16 AM

Wow freeowl that sounds amazing, can I ask where in the world you live? One of my dreams is to see the northern lights

OverthePanic 03-06-2021 07:20 AM

Venuscat it seems common enough I think its somthing to do with the anxiety and definitely over sensitive eyes alright..1 thing I love is just being able to jump into the car after been sober for a while and not worry about anything..I always worried about getting a call from someone and not being able to go in an emergency if I had to..its freeing to be sober

FreeOwl 03-06-2021 07:21 AM

Originally Posted by OverthePanic (Post 7601676)
Wow freeowl that sounds amazing, can I ask where in the world you live? One of my dreams is to see the northern lights

Upper Michigan.

It's a glorious kind of Paradise.

:)

silversky 03-06-2021 07:22 AM

Pure awareness is the best Free Owl. It's weird, sad, baffling how afraid we (I) get to feel the feelings. The numbing is like holding a ball under water, the tension is below the surface and bursts out massively in early sobriety (ouch). Once things level out, the senses make sense again and they can begin to ebb and flow more naturally. The "fear" of the feelings is worse than the actual feelings. This I'm learning after a month AF. It's good to be free.

Bodhi02 03-06-2021 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by silversky (Post 7601682)
Pure awareness is the best Free Owl. It's weird, sad, baffling how afraid we (I) get to feel the feelings. The numbing is like holding a ball under water, the tension is below the surface and bursts out massively in early sobriety (ouch). Once things level out, the senses make sense again and they can begin to ebb and flow more naturally. The "fear" of the feelings is worse than the actual feelings. This I'm learning after a month AF. It's good to be free.

What a great analogy for numbing feelings. I relate to your post very much. I agree the fear of the feelings is so much worse than the actual feelings.

phoebe64 03-06-2021 04:03 PM

Hi all. Some good stuff posted today. I’ve been reading on here today, a few times, and got sidetracked reading other threads, and never made it to our thread.

I’ve been keeping odd hours trying to get a coveted vaccine appointment. The day I manage to get through and get an appointment, I’m getting Powerball tickets!

V, we watched Behind Her Eyes. Have you, yet? Interesting twists, and a bit racey, lol.

Off to find a new show...my excitement in life. We are expecting a warm up this week. Maybe I’ll go for a drive and walk somewhere scenic.