SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March Support Thread 2021 Part One (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/452614-class-march-support-thread-2021-part-one.html)

venuscat 03-26-2021 08:44 AM

When I feeI this way, I find that my anxiety wiII keep getting worse untiI I get out of bed. :hug: s
I hope your doctor's appt is stress free. :) xx ❤️

Backtogood 03-26-2021 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7611341)
When I feeI this way, I find that my anxiety wiII keep getting worse untiI I get out of bed. :hug: s
I hope your doctor's appt is stress free. :) xx ❤️

Ya, I am going to hop in the shower. My doc gave me something for anxiety, but it just makes me nauseous. So now I'm anxious and nauseous lol. I'm having a full on pity party here!

venuscat 03-26-2021 09:05 AM

So many hugs. And then some more. GentIe ones. xx ❤️

Backtogood 03-26-2021 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7611354)
So many hugs. And then some more. GentIe ones. xx ❤️

thx. I'll take a virtual hug :)

countrystix 03-26-2021 10:27 AM

Backtogood, you might want to check out an app called "Unwinding Anxiety" (I have it on my Android phone). It's helped me with my anxiety.

phoebe64 03-26-2021 10:46 AM

Anxiety really sucks. I hope you can shake it off, BTG. I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

I had a point earlier, rambling on about the builder coming by, lol. That point was that it was good to be up early, dressed, in a good mood, having had time to tidy up the house, WITHOUT A HANGOVER.

Backtogood 03-26-2021 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by countrystix (Post 7611390)
Backtogood, you might want to check out an app called "Unwinding Anxiety" (I have it on my Android phone). It's helped me with my anxiety.

thx, I'll check it out :)

Backtogood 03-26-2021 11:28 AM

Originally Posted by phoebe64 (Post 7611396)
Anxiety really sucks. I hope you can shake it off, BTG. I hope your doctor appointment goes well.

I had a point earlier, rambling on about the builder coming by, lol. That point was that it was good to be up early, dressed, in a good mood, having had time to tidy up the house, WITHOUT A HANGOVER.

I think the best part of sobriety is waking up not hungover! And dealing with normal life situations not hungover!

Icandothis2013 03-26-2021 12:00 PM

Hi, I’m joining the March thread in the hope of getting (and giving) support. I keep picking up after 10-12 days and can’t seem to make it stick !! Hopefully this time it will.I’m on Day 0 as I drank into the early hours then I poured what I had left away and spent the day in bed feeling dreadful. But tomorrow’s another day right ? Onwards !

venuscat 03-26-2021 12:08 PM

Sounds Iike you are weII into day 1 dear Icandothis! :)

And we can do this....together.....that is the onIy way I know. :hug: s ❤️

countrystix 03-26-2021 12:13 PM

Welcome Icandothis!

Backtogood 03-26-2021 12:17 PM

Welcome Icandothis :) Lots of good people here.

OverthePanic 03-26-2021 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by freedomfries (Post 7611102)
I'm too àgoraphobic to see a doctor. It'll just take time.

Hi FF
Just about doctors at the moment I'm in Ireland too and my doc is doing phone consultations, most of them are at the moment and they send your prescription to whatever chemist near you also they can do a video consultation if u need to show them your hand. Just in case you didnt know

venuscat 03-26-2021 12:37 PM

That's good to know. :) ❤️

OverthePanic 03-26-2021 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by Icandothis2013 (Post 7611445)
Hi, I’m joining the March thread in the hope of getting (and giving) support. I keep picking up after 10-12 days and can’t seem to make it stick !! Hopefully this time it will.I’m on Day 0 as I drank into the early hours then I poured what I had left away and spent the day in bed feeling dreadful. But tomorrow’s another day right ? Onwards !

welcome icandothis 😃

OverthePanic 03-26-2021 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Backtogood (Post 7611340)
Morning all, I'm just full of anxiety today. Arrrgh. I'm laying here trying to calm my brain, but often start spiraling. I'm sure it's drinking related. Have to go see the doc today, probably one of the reasons I'm spiraling. Owell, this my reality for today, onwards. I will not drink today. The very thought of drinking is disgusting to me. It is just not worth it. Like many have you have said, I've never woke up and thought, "man i wish i had drank last night." Since I've been here before, i wonder am i FINALLY done?

Hi Backtogood,
I've suffered for many years with anxiety, alchohol is the worse thing for it and drinking heavily/binge drinking is when mine began and got out of control..if you start spiralling I find best thing to do is get up and write a list of everything your worried about it have to get done. Once it's on paper I can stick it off as I do it..how did u get on at the docs?

Backtogood 03-26-2021 12:55 PM

Overthepanic, (love the name) I've always had some anxiety, but alcohol is really the worst thing for it. I made it to the docs, even tho i really wanted to cancel and not leave my house. My blood pressure was very high, but she thinks it's because of my panic attack and so i have to go back in a few weeks. But she was really happy that my labs have improved so much in the last 9 months, I'm not where i should be, but heading in the right direction. So that was a relief!

venuscat 03-26-2021 01:06 PM

And a huge win.....to get to the doc whiIe you were panicking is just a major victory. :)
And oh yeah, I bet that made your BP go up!
Proud of you girI!!! :) xx ❤️ :hug:

OverthePanic 03-26-2021 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Backtogood (Post 7611475)
Overthepanic, (love the name) I've always had some anxiety, but alcohol is really the worst thing for it. I made it to the docs, even tho i really wanted to cancel and not leave my house. My blood pressure was very high, but she thinks it's because of my panic attack and so i have to go back in a few weeks. But she was really happy that my labs have improved so much in the last 9 months, I'm not where i should be, but heading in the right direction. So that was a relief!

That's great news about your results and that you got there and now at least it's done and not hanging over you.The only thing that really works for me with the anxiety is not to drink and after a few weeks I feel good ..I think I ruined my central nervous system over the years xx

Dee74 03-26-2021 02:19 PM

Welcome ICDT :)

time for a part two of this thread guys :)
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/453104-class-march-class-march-support-thread-2021-part-two.html
D