SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of September Part 2 2019 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/442046-class-september-part-2-2019-a.html)

PuckLuck 09-26-2019 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 7275680)
:) Hello and welcome dear PuckLuck.
Really glad you joined the class. :) :hug:

Thanks, Venus. I am too 😬

Sober369 09-26-2019 03:29 PM

Thanks for the Amazing Congratulations Venus! That was so sweet to find here.
I'll be back later, everyone.
Welcome Leo! Glad you're back.

Dee74 09-26-2019 03:37 PM

welcome puckluck and welcome back leo :)

Hope everyone is gearing up for a good sober weekend :)

D

Hopingwishing 09-26-2019 04:37 PM

Evening all! Rounding out Day 7, and thinking what a difference this Thursday night is to last Thursday night. Urgh I am cringing just thinking of it. What was I thinking? This sober life is way better.

Welcome Denise-you'll find a lot of great advice round here! Hope you're keeping well.
Big well done to Karen on the 30 days-awesome achievement.
Great news MJ that you're feeling things are easing up. You'll feel even better tomorrow!
PuckLuck-welcome to the gang!
Hope you have a lovely reunion with your son and daughter Runner! It'll be even more special to be present for savour the time together.
Leo-sounds like you know deep down that you're on the right track with this one, no matter what the AV says. I'm sure it's trying to trick you into it by making your emotions all over the show.

Sorry for anyone else I've missed. Off for some good seven sober days sleep. :-)

Awake61 09-26-2019 04:49 PM

Actually had a real laugh today. Felt like I was 10 again. Stay strong everyone!

Hopingwishing 09-26-2019 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Awake61 (Post 7275981)
Actually had a real laugh today. Felt like I was 10 again. Stay strong everyone!

I love this! Thanks for sharing!

venuscat 09-26-2019 05:09 PM

Me too :)

And congrats on your week dear Hoping. :) :hug: ❤️

Runner1234 09-26-2019 05:22 PM

Good evening awesome classmates..
Welcome Puckluck and Leo...glad you are here.
Venus...my daughter had quite an adventure...She sent me some pics of beautiful camels...I am so jealous she got to hang with them!
Today was busy....but good busy!
Still waiting on the kids and getting thing ready.
Wishing all strength and progress:)

RattleAndHum 09-26-2019 05:52 PM

Welcome PuckLuck and Leo :)

I hope all are doing well. I’m looking forward to a restful weekend, well, aside from heading to the theater to watch “It” on Saturday :-P

Fall is my favorite season, so I’m looking forward to the weather cooling down. Unfortunately, while I’ve been sober during all other seasons, I’ve yet to experience a sober autumn. I’m ready to make this my first sober fall. Working through the triggers will be challenging — cider has always been my drink in October. I’ll just change that to regular, non-alcoholic cider :)

Have a good night everyone.

venuscat 09-26-2019 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Runner1234 (Post 7276001)
Good evening awesome classmates..
Welcome Puckluck and Leo...glad you are here.
Venus...my daughter had quite an adventure...She sent me some pics of beautiful camels...I am so jealous she got to hang with them!
Today was busy....but good busy!
Still waiting on the kids and getting thing ready.
Wishing all strength and progress:)

When the busy is over, I am dying to know all the things you are cooking. Learning here. Eager. :) :hug: s

venuscat 09-26-2019 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by RattleAndHum (Post 7276020)
Welcome PuckLuck and Leo :)

I hope all are doing well. I’m looking forward to a restful weekend, well, aside from heading to the theater to watch “It” on Saturday :-P

Fall is my favorite season, so I’m looking forward to the weather cooling down. Unfortunately, while I’ve been sober during all other seasons, I’ve yet to experience a sober autumn. I’m ready to make this my first sober fall. Working through the triggers will be challenging — cider has always been my drink in October. I’ll just change that to regular, non-alcoholic cider :)

Have a good night everyone.

Unfortunately.......hmm.....maybe just fantastic. Now you get a sober fall/Autumn. My favourite season too. And all new to me in America.....so wonderful. :) :hug: s

I hear you re the triggers.....I feel them here (in the US) at this time of year, so let's do this together. :hug: s x

mariposa 09-26-2019 07:40 PM

I quit August in, began my job soon after I quit. I never could have held it together in my position if I was drinking. I’ve had a lot of growing up, learning and self care to do to be 100% at work. I’m taking on important roles in my workplace and I’m someone who my boss and co-workers see as reliable, maybe I’m not everyone’s favorite, but I’m starting to be looked at as professional..... that’s amazing. So many years I was lost, pathetic and a nervous wreck. Fearful of how to get by. Things are starting to look up.

Sober369 09-26-2019 08:02 PM

That's wonderful Mariposa! I didn't realize how much my work had suffered until I got sober.
There is a coworker of mine that I have thought might have a drinking problem. She has called me drunk a couple of times. Now that I don't drink, I can sometimes smell it on her. I don't think she's drinking at work, just that it's still evaporating from her in the mornings. I hope I didn't smell like alcohol, but I bet I did. Yikes. I hope she finds sobriety.
Congrats on a week Hoping! It will just keep getting better. You sound great.
Welcome Puck! I missed you before.
Have fun with your children Runner!
Keep going Quit and anyone else in early days. And all of us!
It's great to hear from you Trojan.
Enjoy your first sober autumn, Mike. It's a great time of year to be sober. We'll be able to notice all the fall beauty and great weather.
Sweet dreams to all.

Jewel72 09-26-2019 08:10 PM

Attended my sons football game tonight. Had a lovely time. Left a little early to go home and take a hot bath. Feeling a bit better.

Tonight I remembered a game I attended a few weeks ago with a wine buzz. I had to have my son hold my hand so I could walk down the bleachers. No one knew I had been drinking, but I was so afraid I’d lose my balance maneuvering around all the people, and somehow be found out. What a pathetic way to live. I must never return to that sorry sneaky state.

Onward and a good night to all.

bobdrop 09-27-2019 02:31 AM

Good morning all. Day 26 here. Well, the illness bug has found its way into my house. My wife has had it for most of a week and last night, started to slam me. Sounds like a good idea to do nothing this weekend except lay around and watch football.

Happy Friday everyone.

Sober369 09-27-2019 04:04 AM

I hope you feel better today, Bob. You too, Quit. I agree a Dr. visit could be just what you need. I hate being sick. I hope being sober increases all of our immune systems. I think it does.
Have a great Friday everyone! Or Saturday for some. I know sober weekends are harder for some, but for me they are much easier. My triggers are tired and hungry at least half the time. It's easier to not get hungry or too tired on the weekend.
My plans are to go to either church or an AA meeting, both would be a huge win. Also, work in the yard, clean the living room carpets, take Charley to training, and chill out. I also have some work work to do.

bobdrop 09-27-2019 06:05 AM

Thanks Karen.

Jewel72 09-27-2019 06:59 AM

Well done on 26 days, Bob. Take care and get lots of rest this weekend.

Let’s all have a productive or restful weekend; whatever is best for us, but let’s not drink. I’m not going to!

venuscat 09-27-2019 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by mariposa (Post 7276063)
I quit August in, began my job soon after I quit. I never could have held it together in my position if I was drinking. I’ve had a lot of growing up, learning and self care to do to be 100% at work. I’m taking on important roles in my workplace and I’m someone who my boss and co-workers see as reliable, maybe I’m not everyone’s favorite, but I’m starting to be looked at as professional..... that’s amazing. So many years I was lost, pathetic and a nervous wreck. Fearful of how to get by. Things are starting to look up.

This is just wonderful dear mariposa. :) :hug: s

For me, this is the gold at the end of the rainbow.....being able to turn things around and see yourself as the person you knew you were...the person you longed to be (again)....I am overjoyed for you lovely one.

I have watched you work to get where you are for a while now....and my heart is just so happy. :) :hug: ♥

venuscat 09-27-2019 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Quitnow4 (Post 7276074)
Attended my sons football game tonight. Had a lovely time. Left a little early to go home and take a hot bath. Feeling a bit better.

Tonight I remembered a game I attended a few weeks ago with a wine buzz. I had to have my son hold my hand so I could walk down the bleachers. No one knew I had been drinking, but I was so afraid I’d lose my balance maneuvering around all the people, and somehow be found out. What a pathetic way to live. I must never return to that sorry sneaky state.

Onward and a good night to all.

Oh gosh, I remember that feeling....not being able to navigate the steps at the football stadium.....they go up so high....last time I went in 2012 I was so scared (also drunk). :(

Yes, I think it is pathetic as well. And dangerous.

So glad you're feeling a bit better love. :)
And also very glad you had a lovely evening. :) :hug: s ♥