SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 70 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/441675-one-year-over-part-70-a.html)

FBL 10-30-2019 03:23 AM

IP, congrats on 8 years and the good grades. You are AMAZING!!!

Well, our snow has already melted, however we are due for 2-3 inches on Thursday. I'll never forget the Halloween Blizzard of 1991. I was still in Minnesota at the time and we got 28 inches of snow!

It's been awhile since the camel made an appearance, so Happy Hump-Day, overs!

Saskia 10-30-2019 05:29 AM

Thanks, FBL - I have missed the camel :thanks

IP, congrats on 8 years and in doing so well! You are an inspiration.

SE, once you are finished with nursing it will likely feel positive for awhile and then you may find that you miss it. There’s nothing quite like it and I think it makes bonding with our babies easier. That doesn’t mean that we are better mothers but it does feel like a two-way blessing. It’s not for everyone and that’s ok, too.

Rick, sending positive thoughts for your wife.

Itchy, great that Maggie is thriving!

Hi Drake :wavey:

Hi Mags and Andy!

Have a good hump day to all :grouphug:

stargazer016 10-30-2019 06:00 AM

Hi and congrats IP. Eight years is amazing. I forget, what are you studying in school these days?

Andy, I love daffodils in the spring. It will look so pretty next year.

Itchy, I am glad you handed the bank manager their butt. We all too often get poor customer service and meekly accept it. We vote with our wallets and I don't frequent institutions with poor customer service.

Drake, I was just thinking of you this morning as I was scanning my friends list. Hope life in KC is going well.

Have a good day all!

Itchy 10-30-2019 10:10 PM

Mags,
Yep great air in the mountains.

Andy,
Were they still drinking in the water literally sloshing? Not too bad then?
Daffodils do sound nice.

Thanks Toots.

FBL,
Thanks for Hump day!

Sassy,
Thanks we are glad too.

Star,
Me too, no regrets. I am quiet and very intense when angered, no big display just very assertive. I have always been amazed at the glorified clerks that expect folks to come hat in hand to them instead of doing their job. I agree that folks need to demand the right treatment and services rather than letting them get by again. They finally did as they should have from the start. They lost my business years ago, We only kept the account with the minimum needed to keep an account open for our convenience.

Long drive tomorrow, night all!

Dee74 10-30-2019 10:33 PM

Happy Trails Itch :)

Treerat66 10-31-2019 12:28 AM

Good morning Overs.

We did our gardening yesterday. The Oxeye daisies we planted earlier this year are doing well, they must like the heavy clay soil. We added some more daisies so the year will start with the daffodils and then the daises will take over.

Have a good day everyone.

Mags1 10-31-2019 12:28 AM

Morning Overs

Itchy, last leg I think for you...soon be home. :) keep safe.

FBL good to see the camel, thanks. :)

Feeling a bit off this morning, must’ve sneezed a million times and at 200 miles per sneeze I think I’ll be rocketing to the moon! :laughing:

Have a good Thursday my friends xxx

tootsl1 10-31-2019 12:40 AM

Feel better soon Mags

FBL 10-31-2019 03:24 AM

Safe travels, Itch!

We've already got a couple more inches of snow this morning. Looks like 4-6 total here today. Looks like winter is starting early this year.

My 1958 book is now in the "proofing" stage. Hope to get it edited for the boss by the weekend, but it'll be close. May not go to him until Monday.

Have a Thunderous Thursday and a Horrific Halloween, overs!

Saskia 10-31-2019 07:25 AM

Andy, the flowers sound lovely!

Mags, I hope you feel better soon :hug:

I am NOT ready for snow yet .... I have miles to go and things to do ...

Hope your long drive goes well, Itchy!

Have a swell day, Overs :You_Rock_

venuscat 10-31-2019 07:43 AM

https://i.imgur.com/z7OPRWx.gif

(((Mags))) ❤️❤️

I once sneezed 100 times in a row.

And in high school I used to have leave the class because I was disrupting it with my sneezing.....like often. I feel for you love.and I hope it has subsided. :hug: s xx

Itchy 10-31-2019 08:39 PM

Hi Overs from the Texas panhandle!

Dee,
Thanks, I'm more than halfway there. Sunny and cold but well above freezing, The SUV is doing great with a full load.

Mags,
How long before your tests and you can get back on your meds? I sure hope you start to feel better. Yes home tomorrow afternoon.

FBL,
Thanks. Hope the "Boss" gets a rount suit this weekend for you.

Sassy,
I agree, Andy's flowers sound loverly. Your snow will hold off until it doesn't. You heard it here first. The first 2/3rds is done!

I'm in Amarillo Texas in the panhandle. Tomorrow I go over Raton Pass, New Mexico. It will be sunny and well above freezing with great views. I haven't seen frozen windshield washer buckets at gas stations in decades! Woo Hoo! Back in four seasons and dry thin air.

Mags1 10-31-2019 11:23 PM

Morning Overs

Suze, that must’ve been wearing for you, sometimes when you start it seems like you’ll never stop! :dunno:

Itchy, we have four seasons in U.K. but they seem to be changing and blending into each other. Saying that it’s the First of November and it is chucking it down.

Sassy I hope you get your stuff done before the snow. :)

I’m at hospital in just three hours, no drinks of coffee, tea and fizzy drinks until then apparently. They’re gonna give me something, Mannitol, to induce an asthma attack to see how I can blow in this machine with it. Then they’ll give me a nebuliser and then repeat. This will tell them if I have something else besides or instead of asthma. I’m hoping there’s nothing else or it’s more tests.

Have a Good Friday my friends xxxx

Treerat66 11-01-2019 12:12 AM

Good morning Overs.

We'll be with you in spirit Mags. :grouphug:

Itchy, I watched a youtube from a trucker going over the Monarch pass in snow, it looked 'fun'. Hope you get home with no excitement.

I think I've had a break through on the sleep front. I folded a blanket length ways so it was four layers thick then laid it on the made bed roughly where Chris would have lain. After sleeping through I wake up snuggled up to the edge of the blanket. :scoregood

Have a good day everyone.

Dee74 11-01-2019 12:26 AM

we continue here:

https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...part-71-a.html

D