SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 77 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437036-class-march-2016-part-77-a.html)

venuscat 03-23-2019 04:39 AM

Actually.....that post is way too medical.....deleting.... just good morning and love to everyone and I shall PM instead. :grouphug:

CaseyW 03-23-2019 06:11 AM

Good morning, my sober March friends.

Got a good night's sleep, just finished a wonderful breakfast of turkey sausage, scrambled eggs with salsa, and an English muffin with honey. Heading to work in a few minutes and I'm not even that bummed out about it. It's gonna be a great sober day! And National Puppy Day is definitely a holiday I could support.

venuscat 03-23-2019 06:34 AM

I do not understand salsa for breakfast. The muffin sounds good though. :)

Happy Saturday peeps. :grouphug:

Purplrks3647 03-23-2019 10:09 AM

MMMmmmm but salsa is good on one of those Santa Fe omelets with sour cream....now I want one! :eat

beerbgone 03-23-2019 11:29 AM

I haven't posted here since last weekend. I've been AWOL! Because I've been drinking beer!!! I'm getting back on track.

I was hoping to make it through 2019 without a relapse. Shucks!!! Now the goal is no more relapses.

I checked back on 2018 and I relapsed 4 times for just a few days each time. Definitely not perfection but the best I've done since 2010. Ironically one of those 2018 relapses was around St. Patricks day!

I'm determined to make 2019 even better and 2020 alcohol free!

ManInTheArena 03-23-2019 11:51 AM

Beer Be Gone!!!!! If only the magic worked as easily as uttering the phrase. A friend of mine posted a quick thing on FB today that simply said "The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding". Not saying that applies to you BBG, but it applies to me!!!

Reading about food is making me very hungry. Fortunately, I went grocery shopping yesterday :)

Lillian, good luck with tapering off that Ativan. I still need to take some anxiety stuff from time to time, but I take the smallest dose they prescribe and never more often than 1 every 4 days. You definitely have more to be anxious about than I do, and sleep is critical.

Have a great day everyone!!!

beerbgone 03-23-2019 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena (Post 7150014)
Beer Be Gone!!!!! If only the magic worked as easily as uttering the phrase. A friend of mine posted a quick thing on FB today that simply said "The magic you're looking for is in the work you're avoiding". Not saying that applies to you BBG, but it applies to me!!!

Definitely applies to me MITA. My AV is trying really hard to get me to go get a six pack right now "just to get rid of the hangover"!

Purplrks3647 03-23-2019 12:09 PM

(((BBG))) Maybe have something to eat instead, take a nap....HALT :corn

Have you looked at the Annie Grace website for "The Alcohol Experiment"? (Just skip the part about the optional drinking lol)

Stay close! :grouphug:

beerbgone 03-23-2019 12:28 PM

Checkin' it out now Purp.

beerbgone 03-23-2019 02:57 PM

Got signed up Purp. Haven't started it yet. Gonna' look around a bit before I do!

venuscat 03-23-2019 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by beerbgone (Post 7150005)
I haven't posted here since last weekend. I've been AWOL! Because I've been drinking beer!!! I'm getting back on track.

I was hoping to make it through 2019 without a relapse. Shucks!!! Now the goal is no more relapses.

I checked back on 2018 and I relapsed 4 times for just a few days each time. Definitely not perfection but the best I've done since 2010. Ironically one of those 2018 relapses was around St. Patricks day!

I'm determined to make 2019 even better and 2020 alcohol free!

Well I was wondering where you were.....maybe we won't call them relapses? That makes us feel :( You slipped a few times....you didn't start drinking and go down the rabbit hole for 6 weeks + like I did in 2014.....you had the sense to come talk about it. :) So, let's see if we can help you not slip anymore.... :hug:

Progress not perfection....and we are all moving forward. :hug: s

See you for coffee in the am!! :) ♥

Purplrks3647 03-23-2019 04:58 PM

Nice work BBG! I enjoyed learning all the info and looking forward to a new lesson each day.....very helpful in getting me through the first 30 days.....Hope you like it! :grouphug:

Well I can't decide whether to go to the store or wait 'til morning......I know if I wait I'll wish I had done it now LOL

Back in a little bit :grouphug:

Dee74 03-23-2019 05:06 PM

Welcome back BBG - you don't have to present your plan for marking but ya gotta do something different this time man - ya Gotta make it stick.

There's a lot of returnees today so I'm probably blunter than usual but FWIW (and with all due deference Suze) I prefer relapse - in my mind a slips something that happens to me, not my fault.

I don't want to start thinking that way.

I dunno about anyone else but relapse was always a choice for me - even when I wasn't aware of the fact it was a choice.

If the word relapse makes me feel bad, that feeling bad might just stop me drinking again next time? :dunno:

D

ManInTheArena 03-23-2019 05:37 PM

Headed out to dinner in a bit. Got in a little nap today, which was awesome, but I'm feeling a little anxious. It's been a constant barrage of alcohol fueled events this week that I've managed to make it through, and I'm just a little tired of it all. I can't beg off this dinner, though - family stuff. Just wanting to get these thoughts out in the open before I head out - iced tea or club soda is the plan.

Thanks.

PhoenixJ 03-23-2019 07:51 PM

support BBG

ManInTheArena 03-23-2019 08:04 PM

Back from dinner - that all went fine. Getting my dumb thoughts out in the open before they turn into dumb actions is a big help. Looking forward to an early night and a relaxing Sunday.

BBG, hope the rest your day went well.

All the rest of you Marcheros, have a good night - unless of course it's already tomorrow for you, then have a great day!!

PhoenixJ 03-24-2019 12:45 AM

Fighting the black dog today with a big drive and music- works wonders

Purplrks3647 03-24-2019 03:40 AM

Sunday morning startin' fluid :23:

MITA ~ nice work on calling out the dumb thoughts.....stupid dumb thoughts! So glad to see you on the Soberbus!

Not much planned for today.....there's an online meeting at 10 this morning that I normally attend....plus I should get some exercise, but first: more startin' fluid :23:

beerbgone 03-24-2019 06:00 AM

Mornin' everybody. Startin' fluid time!

venuscat 03-24-2019 06:05 AM

Sending more love PJ and glad you got through that MITA. :hug:

Morning BBG....coffee time for sure. Second one for me in a min.

I meant to respond last night.....I was thinking about what Dee said.....I am actually still thinking about it. :)

Mostly I love that reading here every day means that I am challenged to think in new ways....and that is essential for growth. So thank you Dee and thank you all. :) :hug: s ♥♥