SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Part 77 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/437036-class-march-2016-part-77-a.html)

ManInTheArena 03-17-2019 08:30 AM

Purps, definitely don't let those people bother you. I hope you bother them :)

Casey, have a great day and enjoy the video games with your nephew.

PJ, I'm grabbing some coffee and will head over to read your post in a bit - I'm sure it's awesome.

Lil - how is everything?

I had a good day yesterday, but tonight marks the beginning of a 3-day conference that is effectively in my own back yard. I'm on the spot with clients and prospects for a bit, which is tiring, so I need to be a little extra vigilant.

Venus, Bobbie, BBG and Sam (just in case you're reading!) - hope you all are doing fantastic, too!!

LillianGish 03-17-2019 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena (Post 7145981)

Lil - how is everything?

I had a good day yesterday, but tonight marks the beginning of a 3-day conference that is effectively in my own back yard. I'm on the spot with clients and prospects for a bit, which is tiring, so I need to be a little extra vigilant.

I know the feeling of being with clients and prospects. You and I must work in similar businesses. It’s a minefield. You’ll do well though. I keep a glass of something non-alcoholic at every social function. Reduces people saying, “hey, you need a drink. I’ll be right back!” Hang tough MITA.

I’m good. Seven months sober on Tuesday. Woot woot! And my daughter has been accepted into two colleges (waiting to hear about four others). Excited for her!

Also about halfway through radiation treatment, which so far is pretty easy. The next two weeks are tougher I hear, with fatigue and skin burns. I will be done by April 2nd though. That’s kind of a finish line for me after months of this drama. I’ll take a pill once a day for the next five years. This pill hopefully will keep the cancer from coming back. If so, I’ll be grateful for every day. Optimism high!

I need to find the whiner thread. On my way to read PJ!

Purplrks3647 03-17-2019 11:22 AM

(((Lillian))) :hug: You are a true warrior ~ Congrats on your upcoming 7 months! :c011:

PhoenixJ 03-17-2019 03:12 PM

A true inspiration is our lill.

Remember HALTS- to all who have positive, negative or just 'meh' stress today.

Purplrks3647 03-17-2019 05:49 PM

Gonna wind down for the evening and try to get some sleep.....Thanks everyone for helping me stay sober this weekend! :c017:

CaseyW 03-17-2019 08:44 PM

Goodnight Marchers. Had a decent day at work and then a nice evening here at the house. I didn't drink. Thanks again for having me back. Looking forward to getting a good, sober night's sleep. Sweet dreams all!

PhoenixJ 03-18-2019 04:58 AM

Saw psycho lady. I am doing good. Just a continual slow (oh so slow) slog to keep up the healing momentum.
Nice neighbours here- one has planted stuff in front garden, another chicken and rice tonight, last week- peaches, oranges and pears. I still find it hard doing 'normal' talk..but making headway.

Bobbieka 03-18-2019 06:50 AM

Glad you have nice neighbors, PHX. Read your post. The images are awesome. I also see some Dali in your paintings.

Suze - I hope your coffee is perfect and strong this morning. Or - perfectly strong.

Lillian - Congrats on your sobriety! I'm so glad you are nearing the end of treatment. I will continue prayers - you are on the last hill. College times are exciting. Enjoy this with your daughter.

MITA - hope your conference is uneventful and is stress free.

Purps - I don't see anything wrong with dating a guy for his dog. There are worse reasons.....

Hi - BBG!

Hey, Caramel!

Casey - welcome home.

Had a busy weekend with just Olivia. She is now 1 1/2 and is so much fun. It was nice just having one. We went on walks in our woods. (did I tell you guys we bought 10 acres too?) I am just in a happy place right now. Was with Devon (my youngest daughter) last night shopping and it was just so special. 3 years ago she hated me. Growing old isn't so bad. I'm not sure why we fight it so much.

Have a great day, my friends! Check in if you haven't.

CaseyW 03-18-2019 06:57 AM

Day 3. Second prime number in a row. (1 is not a prime number, right?)

Simple plan today. Work. Come home. Cook dinner. Watch a little tv, play a little video games. Go to bed at a reasonable hour. Don't drink. Ask for help if I need it.

Wishing everyone a happy Monday.

venuscat 03-18-2019 07:07 AM

I like the plan. :)

Errrr.....10 acres love....wow.....how INCREDIBLE!!!! :)

Awesome start to the week here.....cooked breakfast and lunch and folded laundry before 8am....nice...gorgeous sunny day.....last cold one today. Literally the last winter day....from tomorrow it just keeps going up. Ahhhh......finally....I see Lowes plant shopping in my near future.

:grouphug:

Purplrks3647 03-18-2019 03:03 PM

I don't have to date him, right?!? Dog sitting suits me much better :D

Bette Davis movie just started :herewego

venuscat 03-18-2019 03:11 PM

lmao.....no.....just enjoy the dog. :)
Which movie.....don't tell me it's 3 faces of Eve.....gosh I love you Purps. :hug: ♥

EDIT: Jezebel? Just started here....leaving it on. :) xx

Purplrks3647 03-18-2019 04:11 PM

Yes Jezebel! She was great wasn't she? And she knew it too!

venuscat 03-18-2019 04:15 PM

Oh yes....a true legend...I haven't seen this movie. :)

PhoenixJ 03-18-2019 06:39 PM

well done B

CaseyW 03-18-2019 08:45 PM

I did not drink today. That was nice. It will be even more nice when I wake up relaxed and in a good frame of mind in the morning. Thanks all of you for being here.

ManInTheArena 03-18-2019 09:03 PM

Monday session of the conference in the books. For me, this is mostly a golf, dinner, schmoozing kind of thing. Hung out with my friend Diet Coke all day. He's my buddy - maybe not the healthiest option, but better than certain alternatives :)

Casey, hope you have a good nights sleep.

B - things sound great with the next generation - very happy for you.

Purps and Venus - Bette Davis scares me!! :scared:

Good night all !!

Purplrks3647 03-19-2019 01:54 AM

Lol MITA ~ Have U ever seen Whatever Happened to Baby Jane? Talk about creepy....Bette Davis and Joan Crawford in the same movie and they hated each other in real life....I watch it every time it comes on! :09:

Startin' fluid time folks....grateful I got some good sleep last night....gonna be a rainy one today! :abcf:

CaseyW 03-19-2019 05:40 AM

Day 4. Gotta be at work early. Yuck. Good news is my favorite video game has an update today that I'm looking forward to. It'll give me something to do when I get home.

Just seeing the time you woke up and posted makes me hurt, Purps.

Coffee is ready. Turkey sausage and eggs and muffin are cooking. It's gonna be a good day.

Happy sober Tuesday all!

Bobbieka 03-19-2019 06:34 AM

Good morning, March people!

I need to find a new volunteer gig. The prison is now 2 plus hours from my house. It was an hour and 45 minutes before, but it seems driving 5 hours for a 1 hour meeting is a lot. I was thinking rehab facilities or maybe the psych ward because that is one thing I remember from my stay there. The AA meeting. I could do the local jail, but it probably wouldn't be just women. Open to suggestions. I need to do something though. I will miss my women at the prison a lot.

Quiet night in the country last night. I think my dog and I are starting to get used to it.

Diet Coke is my best friend too, MITA. I try and break up once in a while but we always end up back together. Good for you. Those events are hard alcohol-free.

Purple - take your umbrella!

Happy sober Tuesday, Casey!

Thanks, PHX. I sometimes think of that year I was so hated by my daughter and I cringe. She was making her escape plan her senior year and trying to figure out how to live on her own. She couldn't wait to get out of my house. Now, she comes home every night and talks to me for a while before going to her room. I feel blessed. She's a pretty cool kid.

Suze - Have a spectacular day!

Hey, BBG.

Be awesome today, guys!