SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 67 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/436925-one-year-over-part-67-a.html)

Dee74 03-09-2019 07:43 PM

welcome Aly :)

D

Alysheba 03-09-2019 07:43 PM

Thank you, Dee!

Itchy 03-09-2019 09:25 PM

Congrats Aly! Woo Hoo :welcome

Good people here so you'll fit right in.

Mags1 03-09-2019 11:16 PM

Hiya Aly, good to see you :wavey:

Morning all the Overs, chucking it down with rain here! I guess the gardens and reservoirs will appreciate it.

Have a good Sunday my friends :wavey:

Treerat66 03-10-2019 12:24 AM

Good morning Overs.

Hi Alysheba, welcome to the Overs.

We had a wee bit of snow last night! The rain is clearing it away.

Have a good day everyone.

tootsl1 03-10-2019 12:59 AM

Hey Aly, great to see you here, we missed your pop ins in the Undies! Glad to see you are doing so well and Congratulations on your first soberversary x

PhoenixJ 03-10-2019 01:15 AM

congrats Aly

Saskia 03-10-2019 01:42 AM

Congrats, Aly!

PJ, I believe in the story/journey more than the ending :hug:

FBL 03-10-2019 05:56 AM

Welcome, Aly!

Still feeling run down with this whole eye thing. Will be glad to get past it eventually.

Mags1 03-10-2019 06:48 AM

FBL, it can take it out of you, and a while for the anaesthetics to leave your body. Hope you’re soon feeling your normal self :hug:

stargazer016 03-10-2019 08:08 AM

Welcome to the Overs Aly!

Hang in there FBL. You will bounce back before you know it.

Have a good day all!

Itchy 03-10-2019 09:55 AM

Good morning overs! We are in the process of leaping forward with this outmoded daylight savings time. I have a watch collection that takes an hour as each smart watch has different features to set - :headbange

FBL,
I know how frustrating eye surgeries and second surgeries when the first didn't work out as advertised. All the drops and the slow healing of the edges. I was on three different drops 4 times a day for two weeks then one drop four times a day for two more. It took almost six months for each eye to finish settling in to the new vision and "fuse" with the other again.

PJ,
I'm with Sassy.

Alysheba 03-10-2019 10:24 AM

Thank you so much for the wonderful welcomes and congrats. It made my morning! ♥♥♥
FBL, glad to hear the eye is getting better. Sending you healing energy.
So good to see you all on what looks like is going to be a pretty nice day, although moving the clock forward is always rough for me. At least, I don't think we'll have to go through it anymore.
Have a wonderful Sunday. All my love. :grouphug:

Mags1 03-10-2019 11:42 AM

Itchy, it really annoys me the clocks changing twice a year. My body clock was upset by it even though nowadays we don’t have to change much, I would end up forgetting I’d changed the time and do it again so I was sometimes 2 hours out!, so I understand your frustration over altering your watches! :)

Aly, me too!, I don’t know why they don’t leave the time alone. Though ours don’t change until about the 28th, I think it is.

feeling-good 03-10-2019 03:39 PM

Goodness, time flies. Lots going on for me - all good :) . My partner's mother is recovering well from her hip replacement and we have been visiting often and helping her out with meals, washing laundry etc etc. I wish I could do more to help, but she has been incredibly grateful for what we have done. I aspire to be as gracious and lovely as she is, for sure.

I just ordered two gold plated coins for two friends in AA who will be (ODAAT) reaching 40 years of sobriety later on this month - truly a great thing. It took me a long time to really 'get' why people stayed in 'active' recovery for so long, but I really do get it now, and am so glad of it.

My temporary employment has been extended for a few more weeks and (please God!) might turn into something more (please keep everything crossed for me, haha).

Last night I watched the film The Martian on TV - wow, what a captivating film! The striving for survival reminded me of the striving that many of us go through to get sober.

Sorry I haven't caught up with everyone's posts - maybe one day I will be better at keeping up to speed. :grouphug:

Mags1 03-10-2019 10:53 PM

Morning Overs:wave:

FG, I’m pleased your partners’ mum is recovering well, and very good for you to help,out with meals and household chores.
And wow!, Congratulations to your two friends reaching 40 years sobriety :c011:

Have a good day my friends. :grouphug:

tootsl1 03-11-2019 02:18 AM

Good to hear from you FG and that all is going so well. Everything crossed for the he job, and sending positive thoughts your way too!

Treerat66 03-11-2019 02:38 AM

Good morning Overs.

Hugs to all and have a good day.

Soberwolf 03-11-2019 04:14 AM

Morning Overs

Saskia 03-11-2019 04:24 AM

Good morning, Overs. Have a good Monday!