SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Sugar Addiction Recovery Thread Part 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/436406-sugar-addiction-recovery-thread-part-4-a.html)

murrill 09-17-2019 05:13 PM

Just checking in. I saw my doctor for a med check last week, and I was so excited because I've been eating so well. I know about "set point," how my body prefers to remain at a certain place, but I thought that eventually I could budge a couple of pounds. Nope. I'm surprised at how distressing it was to me when the scale did not move! I sulked for a couple of days, ate a little unhealthily, and climbed back on the train.
I am a binge eater, and it's a red flag if I begin to track calories or log food. It represents restriction for me, and eventually I'll binge. I've been feeling pretty good about my relationship with food, though. I just wish I could lose at least a few pounds to let me know I'm doing something right.
I cannot follow a strict diet or food plan. Just can't do it. Still, I'm intrigued by people doing keto, low carb, etc., and I've thought about taking some guidance from those. I am carb sensitive, and I've been off of sugar for a while. Of course, there are other carbs.....
I downloaded a carb counter to my phone, and I was astonished by my carb total for the day!!!!! Of course, much is that is because I ate what I already had on hand, and making a few different choices on my next grocery trip would make a difference. I cannot--will not!--stick to a rigid diet or plan, but I've seen a flexible alternative to keto. You follow the plan for 5-6 days and reseed the carbs for one day. That might work for me. I think I will have to ease into low carb, high fat eating. There's something a little exciting about having permission to eat high fat!! I've made some changes, and I feel good about them, but I think I need to tweak my diet even more. Feedback, anyone?

snitch 09-30-2019 12:22 PM

Starting again today. Sugar is not my friend!

snitch 09-30-2019 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by murrill (Post 7270111)
Just checking in. I saw my doctor for a med check last week, and I was so excited because I've been eating so well. I know about "set point," how my body prefers to remain at a certain place, but I thought that eventually I could budge a couple of pounds. Nope. I'm surprised at how distressing it was to me when the scale did not move! I sulked for a couple of days, ate a little unhealthily, and climbed back on the train.
I am a binge eater, and it's a red flag if I begin to track calories or log food. It represents restriction for me, and eventually I'll binge. I've been feeling pretty good about my relationship with food, though. I just wish I could lose at least a few pounds to let me know I'm doing something right.
I cannot follow a strict diet or food plan. Just can't do it. Still, I'm intrigued by people doing keto, low carb, etc., and I've thought about taking some guidance from those. I am carb sensitive, and I've been off of sugar for a while. Of course, there are other carbs.....
I downloaded a carb counter to my phone, and I was astonished by my carb total for the day!!!!! Of course, much is that is because I ate what I already had on hand, and making a few different choices on my next grocery trip would make a difference. I cannot--will not!--stick to a rigid diet or plan, but I've seen a flexible alternative to keto. You follow the plan for 5-6 days and reseed the carbs for one day. That might work for me. I think I will have to ease into low carb, high fat eating. There's something a little exciting about having permission to eat high fat!! I've made some changes, and I feel good about them, but I think I need to tweak my diet even more. Feedback, anyone?

I have done low carb high fat before and it works! Literally melts the fat away. Especially around the tummy area and once you get into fat burning your hunger dissipates and you feel more energetic. At least I did. I have tried again but I get so hungry in tbe beginning and I end up giving up. I would like to give it another try though

SportsFan15 01-04-2020 07:27 PM

Grateful!

Grateful for this thread! I visit from time to time. Thank you all.