SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of February 2019 Support Thread Pt 1 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/435927-class-february-2019-support-thread-pt-1-a.html)

Dee74 02-01-2019 07:38 PM

Welcome AK and Ekohe - thanks for the support CK :)

d

MrWolfie68 02-01-2019 11:23 PM

Ekohe,

I think I will take your cue and post here too. It is my birthday month as well (20th). I will have a nice even 30 days by that time.

Been posting a little bit in Jan group, but only sporadically as I relasped thru the middle of the month.

Good luck and strength to all.

Hopingwishing 02-02-2019 04:04 AM

Hey guys-sign me up!!! I need this month sober to stop myself spiralling. Like you AwkwardKitty I’ve been in a dark place recently. Having tried this time and time again, I know that soberiety makes my heart and soul sing, the other option is no longer an option for me!

I’ve got myself a sober app and I’ve finished day 3, day 4 is beginning. It’s all a bit messed up because I drunk in the morning.

Today so far: Woke up after 10hrs sleep. I really needed it. Had sweats, woke up jittery and anxious. I worked yesterday and worked from home so didn’t actually worked. Just did some cleaning and getting myself sorted. Have a lot of work to do before going away (long haul-but my friend I’m visiting has already been drilled in my drinking problem and we’ve promised to have a sober trip).

This is difficult. Trying to snap myself out of the post-drinking malaise and self loathing. Together we’re stronger though. Looking forward to having accountability in this thread and chatting with like-minded folk.

xxxNICHOLExxx 02-02-2019 04:30 AM

I’ve been struggling to stay sober for awhile and I refuse to start over again so I figured this is the best place to be right now!! I’m wanting sobriety to be a permanent journey not off and on likes it’s been over the year!!
Hopefully everyone has a lovely sober weekend!!!!

Linners820 02-02-2019 06:50 AM

Hi everyone. Looking forward to an alcohol free February!

Citrus 02-02-2019 08:46 AM

Good morning. Wishing you all a wonderful sober day!

BlueWellies 02-02-2019 09:08 AM

Hi everyone, I would love to join the February class. I’m on Day 2, very down and full of shame. Thanks for being here.

Lipstuck 02-02-2019 10:10 AM

Hi February people! Good to see you all! I'm having a fantastic day one. Hope everyone is enjoying the weekend!

Citrus 02-02-2019 10:16 AM

Be gentle with yourself today BlueWellies. I was so embarrassed and full of shame 2 days ago. We don't have to feel that way anymore. Stick close to SR and post lots. We can get through this!

Canuck76 02-02-2019 10:31 AM

Day 2. Been drunk most nights for 2 weeks. I suffer from ADHD, anxiety, insomnia, as well alcoholism. Treatment has been hit and miss.

Lost my mobile phone and my wallet/ID during this binge. I am broke, unemployed, and alone. I am nearing a complete breakdown. All I have to eat is bread and water. Sick of life. It just gets worse....

mariposa 02-02-2019 10:40 AM

I’m in, day 6 feeling the exhaustion still but glad I have time to rest. If I feel sleepy, I rest. I am off to the gym for the 5th day in a row. 2019 will be the year I get myself together. I’ve also noticed my puppies are much happier without me drinking because the loud music, guests and partying frightened them. Now it’s only mommy and daddy here for snuggling. My fiancé also is on day 6 with me because he wants to support my choice and improve his life as well.

mariposa 02-02-2019 10:44 AM

Canuck 76, it is only up from here. I’ve lost many phones and also am unemployed but each day life gets better if and only if you stay sober. Take it easy, try a quick walk, and try to read or tv to distract yourself. Early days, don’t think just don’t drink.

Anna 02-02-2019 11:02 AM

I hope everyone has a sober and happy Saturday.

Citrus 02-02-2019 11:08 AM

Welcome to SR Canuck76. Things will deffintaly start to look up as you rack up sober days. Post as much and often as you'd like. Definitely post before buying alcohol or taking a drink. You can do this.

MagnumCat 02-02-2019 11:23 AM

I would like to be part of the February group as well. Day one "again" and I pray that this is the last one. My husband is doing it with me for support. My husband was away last week and I quickly decided that this would be a great time to drink. I really blew it and I wasn't even sober enough to pick him up from the airport. Didn't even have the courtesy to call him and tell him to get a cab. I just didn't show up. He hates me when I'm drunk. He tells me that I am not the wife he married and that I'm a completely different person when drinking. When I'm drunk I fight with him, threaten to leave or to kill myself. I hate myself for it. He is willing to help me and support me. I pray that it works this time. It has to! Good luck to us all!

Canuck76 02-02-2019 12:27 PM

I really want sobriety but get so overwhelmed by my problems and need relief from anxiety. That's how my binges start. I love being numbed in alcoholic bliss. Of course, I hate myself when I wake up and can't remember what I did and am missing my wallet/phone etc.

The last 10 years have been hell for me. Every drunken blackout gets worse and worse. My behaviour is so erratic and I can't cope. Day 2 anxiety is killing me. Just want to sleep but can't turn off my mind.

Dustitoffman 02-02-2019 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Canuck76 (Post 7114448)
I really want sobriety but get so overwhelmed by my problems and need relief from anxiety. That's how my binges start. I love being numbed in alcoholic bliss. Of course, I hate myself when I wake up and can't remember what I did and am missing my wallet/phone etc.

The last 10 years have been hell for me. Every drunken blackout gets worse and worse. My behaviour is so erratic and I can't cope. Day 2 anxiety is killing me. Just want to sleep but can't turn off my mind.

going sober can certainly quiet the mind it takes time but you won't regret it!

Canadian Koala 02-02-2019 04:09 PM

You're doing great Canuck76, keep on resisting 1 hour at a time:You_Rock_

Maybe you could join an AA meeting where you would meet people who went thtough what you're living and could help you to stay sober.
I'm not fond of "Twelve Steps" programs but I believe these groups can take you out of the water if you're drowning and help you stay sober for the first days that are so rough and crucial.
Just a suggestion to ease your journey:herewego

You will gain control over your life pretty fast if you don't drink/use and then you'll decide if you want to continue or not to follow them. For me, posting on SR was my daily lifesaver.

Hang on, we're with you :grouphug:

Offthemast 02-02-2019 04:09 PM

Day 2. Man I already cut the naltrexone tabs in half. Gonna have to halve them again. They just make you feel a little weird. I dang sure won't chance a drink while it is in my system bc it makes me feel ultra sick. I was craving earlier after work and popped one.

If I can be serious enough and diligent enough it seems like a good strategy. I got enough for 2 months(4 if I halve them again). The only danger is purposely not taking one in the morning.

I know living sober is more than just not drinking, but I've got plans for mental/emotional and spiritual rehab.

Have a great night, people.

canguy 02-02-2019 04:20 PM

Hi.
I'm in.
Again.
......but you only fail when you quit, right?

Some familiar ppl here.....(hi Nichole, Citrus). Thought around starting a new account , fresh start etc, but, really...why? Just own it.

Over the last couple of years I've had some reasonable stretches of sober, up to around the 4 month mark, but then fall off. Seem to have two lives now....one sober, the other not.
But, the big lesson from the last couple of go arounds is that it really does become harder to get back each time.
This time....had to travel with a relative for her medical treatment. An opportunity to get some sober time. A few days of exhaustion and discomfort, but has gotten me started. Day 7 today, feeling a lot better and ready to go again.
All the best to you all
Later