SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   24 Hour Recovery Connections Part 384 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/427817-24-hour-recovery-connections-part-384-a.html)

TheToddman 05-20-2018 09:39 AM

Checkin' in here also ...a Sober Sunday indeed. Right mindset and great workout at the gym.

Appreciate y'all. Take care!

T.

IcedVoVo 05-20-2018 09:40 AM

24 more please and thank you! :)

Xxxx :hug:JoJo

Gabe1980 05-20-2018 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6901726)
I clearly remember that feeling...in some ways it was the hardest part of withdrawal for me....I mean, the feeling ill part I could do, but that weird what is wrong feeling every morning when I woke up.....rough and scared is a good way to put it.....the good news is that it passes....totally....everyone is different but for me it was about 2 weeks. And then I started to wake up feeling happy.

Must admit I am looking forward to that again now....I have not woken up happy for a while.....I had too many health issues in the way. Getting there.... :)

Be proud of yourself honey, you are doing so well. :hug: ♥

I'm sorry your mornings have been crappy too Suze. It can kind of set the tone for the whole day, if you let it. I seem to bee not too bad once I'm up and about, though that creepy feeling can last a while.

I'm just really emotional. In a crazy kind of way. Having these awesome bursts of inspiration about what my life can be like. That's the best bit before I feel crazy again! :lmao At least I've got a sense of humour about it all!!

I hope you feel better soon Suze and take good care of yourself. I'm starting to just get a wee bit proud of myself now. Thanks as always for your reassurance. Lots of love Gabe xx

Gabe1980 05-20-2018 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Snufkin (Post 6901731)
I’ve taken a week off work too Gabe!! It’s an eye opener when I think about how long it takes for my body to recover after that night... My hands are still shaking and I can’t eat much; I’m sick and queasy every time I’m preparing food so I have to take deep breaths and close my eyes while making a sandwich lol.

Take care Gabe, we’re gonna get through this together ❤️

Good call Snufs, a bit of time off and self-care is definitely what we need just now. I'm exhausted. Emotions are all over the place, happy and grateful one minute, raging angry the next and then in tears :a043:
I still feel like my mind and body are sorting themselves out, so I'm just hanging on and keeping the faith.

I'm glad you are managing to get a sandwich or two down! We are gonna get through this together my friend. Much love to you and your cat :grouphug:

kenton 05-20-2018 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by jsm273 (Post 6901667)
Jo, it’s good to see you here and sober. I was worried about you yesterday. Don’t drink over the situation. That would be a bottomless pit that’s hard to come back from. I know this from experience

Kenton, you strike me as a person with lots of class and poise. You’ll have no problems handling the situation.

Count me in please!

Class and poise....I love that... thank you jsm! I shall keep your kind words with me and try to act with class and poise at all times.... to make up for all the times I allowed alcohol to obliterate every last scrap of class and poise!

Thanks everyone for your words of advice regarding the AWOL Godparents. I did indeed conduct myself with class and poise this morning .... I chatted and smiled and made them a very lovely breakfast and hugged them when they left because I love them and everyone makes mistakes and I can't be bothered to have an argument every time I get disappointed.... I'm going to pick my battles from now on. Oh, and guess what? They both had sunburnt faces. They got sunburnt whilst watching the cricket and getting drunk yesterday when they should have been at my son.... their Godson's christening party. It's a funny old world. Love you all xxxx

IcedVoVo 05-20-2018 11:37 AM

Tornadoes, flooding, a power outage—it is a wild day here :)

I’m home and safe with power and food and am sending love.

Xxx

Red

erfra7 05-20-2018 11:48 AM

good morning
good afternoon
good night
depending where you are beautiful people

i just got back from AA gratitude meeting oh how much wisdom!
my sponsor is being of town for awhile and today we got together and gave me my 5 year medallion oh what a surprise !!! :)

" Don't let fear limit you "
I've learned that fear limits you and your vision.
it serves as blinders to what may be just a few steps down the road for you.
the journey is valuable, but believing in your talents, your abilities, and your self-worth can empower you to walk down an even brighter path. Transforming fear into freedom - how great is that?" Soledad O'Brien.

24 more for this grateful soul that is alcoholic........

joandmelandhan 05-20-2018 12:14 PM

Thank you for the reading Efra.
Fear is indeed ruling me. It's such a horrendous feeling I will probably make a bad decision just to make it go away......
Great news about your 5 year medallion!

Stubbs16 05-20-2018 12:45 PM

Congrats erfra!

Stubbs16 05-20-2018 12:47 PM

Today has literally sucked!!!! In a mood, fighting AV for hours now! Staying busy, cut grass, walked dogs, etc.

I hate, hate, hate this!! Urge surfing isnt working today...:(

Im literally holed up in my bedroom. Still holding strong tho.

joandmelandhan 05-20-2018 12:55 PM

Stubbs you've got this! Hang on in there!
Have you eaten properly? Are you thirsty? Maybe have a nice hot bath or shower and pamper yourself this afternoon?
Some days it is simply a case of getting through the day. These are the days which make us stronger. You will have a renewed sense of pride tomorrow and will never regret your decision not to drink.
Stay glued to SR if you need to. We are here :grouphug:

Stubbs16 05-20-2018 12:59 PM

Thanks jo. I am a bit hungry. Need to remember HALT. I am staying right here. I am stronger then I think.

joandmelandhan 05-20-2018 01:06 PM

Oh yes you are! ❤❤❤

Alysheba 05-20-2018 01:30 PM

(((Stubbs)))) Sounds like you're doing everything to keep the AV at bay.

Pulling for you!

Love, Aly xxoo

Stubbs16 05-20-2018 01:36 PM

Thanks so much Jo and Aly. Just binge ate some Pringles, and having an ice cold diet coke. Feeling a bit better.

Alysheba 05-20-2018 01:44 PM

An ice cold diet coke sounds good! Thanks for reminding me of HALT! :)

venuscat 05-20-2018 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan (Post 6902047)
Thank you for the reading Efra.
Fear is indeed ruling me. It's such a horrendous feeling I will probably make a bad decision just to make it go away......
Great news about your 5 year medallion!

excuse me???? you will what???

Nahhhh love, we can find good ways to cope. Love you. :hug: ♥♥♥

venuscat 05-20-2018 01:58 PM

You got this Stubbs my love....this is the witching hour....hiss at it if you have to....that AV can go take a hike.....a long, hard hike with hot sun and no water.....off you go.....leave our girl alone. :hug: ♥♥♥

venuscat 05-20-2018 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by RedBerryJuniper (Post 6902028)
Tornadoes, flooding, a power outage—it is a wild day here :)

I’m home and safe with power and food and am sending love.

Xxx

Red

Really really really glad you are safe honey. :hug: :hug: ♥♥♥

joandmelandhan 05-20-2018 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by venuscat (Post 6902108)
excuse me???? you will what???

Nahhhh love, we can find good ways to cope. Love you. :hug: ♥♥♥

Haha! I'm chuckling at your indignant shock Suze. You are a treasure for sure my love ❤❤❤